SiouxSports.com Forum

2011 Bracket Challenge

jimdahl

2011 Bracket

Every year the NCAA changes how the regions matchup, so ever since messing it up once a few years back I'm kind of paranoid. I think I have the bracket set up right (East meets Northeast and West meets Midwest) but let me know if you encounter any problems; if there are none, I'll start to distribute the link more publicly in a couple hours.

2011 Bracket

Every year the NCAA changes how the regions matchup, so ever since messing it up once a few years back I'm kind of paranoid. I think I have the bracket set up right (East meets Northeast and West meets Midwest) but let me know if you encounter any problems; if there are none, I'll start to distribute the link more publicly in a couple hours.

Thanks for the great work, Jim!

2011 Bracket

Nicely done! Thanks Jim

I filled one out the last two years (and won the whole shebang two years ago), but never filled one out before that...

This defending champ is saying no to a bracket challenge that brings bad karma.

Yes, please, stay out. ;)

However, feeling good about this year myself, let me pull out an old tradition started by AZSIOUX and sweeten the pot a little bit. In this, likely the last year as the Fighting Sioux, I'll give $50 gift card to the official SiouxShop for stocking up on Fighting Sioux gear to whoever wins the performance scoring (ties will be broken by random draw).

We've never had a tie, but that's because the Sioux haven't won in the 8 years I've had this going. I suspect if UND wins it all we'll see something like a 50-way tie for first. :D

Here's how KRACH would pick it:

KRACH Predicts the NCAA Tournament

Toward the end of the week I'll post how the community's picks deviate from that. Usually we overpredict UND to win, but judging by this thread I wonder what we'll see this year ;)

It's an interesting prediction system....

but I wouldn't have Yale at 50% probability of beating Yale. I'd probably flip flop that.

In my bracket, Yale gets beat by UMD and then goes on to face off vs. Notre Dame. They beat Notre Dame and face UND for the title. :)

Yes, please, stay out. ;)

However, feeling good about this year myself, let me pull out an old tradition started by AZSIOUX and sweeten the pot a little bit. In this, likely the last year as the Fighting Sioux, I'll give $50 gift card to the official SiouxShop for stocking up on Fighting Sioux gear to whoever wins the performance scoring (ties will be broken by random draw).

We've never had a tie, but that's because the Sioux haven't won in the 8 years I've had this going. I suspect if UND wins it all we'll see something like a 50-way tie for first. :D

I'd rather give the Sioux a better chance of winning by not playing than playing for a chance to win a $50 gift card.

It is a VERY nice gift, though, Jim.

It's an interesting prediction system....

but I wouldn't have Yale at 50% probability of beating Yale. I'd probably flip flop that.

In my bracket, Yale gets beat by UMD and then goes on to face off vs. Notre Dame. They beat Notre Dame and face UND for the title. :)

I was wondering if you want to bet our next round of golf on those picks??? :)

Well....do we have to play the games? :D

Yes we do. As Common would put it, "RPI....dead! Denver..........dead! BC........dead! Yale......dead!

That would be the ideal scenario, but I don't think Yale will get to the championship game.

IMO the toughest bracket is in St. Louis. Any one of those teams could make it out of the region, but you would be crazy to bet against BC.

Yes we do. As Common would put it, "RPI....dead! Denver..........dead! BC........dead! Yale......dead!

That would be the ideal scenario, but I don't think Yale will get to the championship game.

IMO the toughest bracket is in St. Louis. Any one of those teams could make it out of the region, but you would be crazy to bet against BC.

I won't bet against BC... but I will pick another team in my bracket. :D

The prediction for 2011 is simple .............

1997 Packers win the Super Bowl

1997 Fighting Sioux win the WCHA

1997 Fighting Sioux win the Broadmoor Trophy

1997 Fighting Sioux win the Regional

1997 FIGHTING SIOUX WIN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

It is looking like a repeat in 2011 :D

BTW ....... the Leafs shut out the Mild 3-0 tonight

The prediction for 2011 is simple .............

1997 Packers win the Super Bowl

1997 Fighting Sioux win the WCHA

1997 Fighting Sioux win the Broadmoor Trophy

1997 Fighting Sioux win the Regional

1997 FIGHTING SIOUX WIN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

It is looking like a repeat in 2011 :D

BTW ....... the Leafs shut out the Mild 3-0 tonight

The WIld suck... I keep telling my parents this and they should follow some of my favorite hockey teams but they are fiercely loyal to my home state.

I'm okay with the Packers winning the superbowl this year if it means what happened in 97 follows. I'm willing to make that sacrifice. :lol: