SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ AIR FORCE

sioux2013

2 fouls for Brekke in the first 98 seconds of the game

Thanks, I missed the first five minutes of the game and have missed him if he's played since then.

Sioux need to start playing defense...lots of open looks for AFA right now. Perhaps it's fatigue from the amount of games at elevation. They also are settling for the three point shot too much. Again, perhaps a bit of fatigue.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to try and go inside a little more as well. This is one of the few "big time" programs that doesn't have a ton of height. Need to exploit that a little more instead of just jacking up threes. Or else starting getting some offensive rebounds off the missed 3s. That would be OK too. :lol:

Webcast isn't terrible. The announcers commercial comments are fun, but the replays that distract from the live action are kinda lame. But for free, really can't complain.

Edit: Sounds like they just found out they have had live mics.

The Sioux never give up. They are truly the FIGHTING SIOUX. They fight till the end of every game but just could not pull this one off against a very solid team. It definately looked like they were tired on defense most of the night but how can they not be. If my calculations are correct we have 3 freshmen that are in the top 10 freshmen scoring in the history on UND. That is unbelievable and gives so much hope to the future. Congrats to those 3 ( Huff, Webb and Schuler). They have all got in improve in alot of areas but holly cow, 19 wins and the future looks very bright. Enjoyed watching and listening to all the games and especially all the chats with everyone. It has been exciting and look forward to this again next year. Go Sioux

The guys did not play their best game and still only lost by 10. Shooting % was pretty low and the D was rather lackadaisical. Tighten either of those up and UND could have pulled a pretty big upset. None the less, the strides that the program made this season are increadible and the future looks very bright. Hopefully the fans will acknowledge this by showing up to the Betty next season.

On a side note, in the Herald/UND game chat, an annonymous poster ask if UND would be playing at the Phog Allen Fieldhouse (Kansas) next year. Ryan Powell, the men's SID said "Might be in the works"

The guys did not play their best game and still only lost by 10. Shooting % was pretty low and the D was rather lackadaisical. Tighten either of those up and UND could have pulled a pretty big upset. None the less, the strides that the program made this season are increadible and the future looks very bright. Hopefully the fans will acknowledge this by showing up to the Betty next season.

On a side note, in the Herald/UND game chat, an annonymous poster ask if UND would be playing at the Phog Allen Fieldhouse (Kansas) next year. Ryan Powell, the men's SID said "Might be in the works"

At the beginning of the season, all I saw was a long dark tunnel with no hope of any light at the end of it. With the freshmen and the +11 in wins over last year, there truly is a lot of hope. Brekke being out of the game in the first half with foul trouble really had a big effect on UND's defensive effort in the first half. If the freshmen +Wilmer/Allard keep making strides, these team can make some noise the the Big Sky. Hopefully we get more depth inside.

Would be awesome to get a Kansas game. Just get a return game to the Ralph like ten years ago. :lol:

I agree with one of the previous posts that the Sioux didn't seem to have quite as much defensive energy at times but they really had played a lot of games in a short period of time lately. If they had been a little fresher they could of pulled it out tonight. 6 points down with 4 minutes to go and had opportunites to cut it lower. I still can't believe we are starting 4 freshman and gave a team with an RPI around 100 a real good game. The team the last 6 or 8 weeks is a totally different team than they were the first half of the season. The future is extremely bright. They have did themselves proud . I can't wait for next season.

At the beginning of the season, all I saw was a long dark tunnel with no hope of any light at the end of it. With the freshmen and the +11 in wins over last year, there truly is a lot of hope. Brekke being out of the game in the first half with foul trouble really had a big effect on UND's defensive effort in the first half. If the freshmen +Wilmer/Allard keep making strides, these team can make some noise the the Big Sky. Hopefully we get more depth inside.

Would be awesome to get a Kansas game. Just get a return game to the Ralph like ten years ago. :lol:

You are correct about Brekke. In the last 5-6 games he has been in foul trouble for almost the entire game. He has got to control the fouls cause we definately need him inside because as of right now we do not have an experienced backup post player. Benter has done a great job late in the season backing up Brekke. I would also like to see Schuler play the point alittle more so he can get more touches. He is so under control and when he penetrates he always finds a wide open guy or takes a great shot. He seems to always be looking for the open man and cant recall all year of him taking a bad shot, its either a wide open shot or a good dish to someone else that is wide open. This is one area the other freshmen must improve on. I have always said we take alot of forced shots when others are wide open. If Huff and Anderson can improve on this we are going to be extremely good in the years to come. The foundation is definately set with this group of freshman and all we need is alittle improvement and some key recruits or somone from the sophomore class to really step up. The light at the end of the tunnel is very bright and already look forward to how much this class improves. This class will win the Big Sky tournament before they are done and will be dancing. Go Sioux

I'm already looking forward to next season. When Schuler was recruited I had high expectations from him and noted earlier in the season that I was hoping for more from him. I think this group of freshman are going to take the Sioux far, if they can stay healthy. Big Sky here we come.

Interesting stats on Devon Beitzel, Northern Colorado's star guard

5.3 ppg as a freshman

11.8 ppg sophomore

14.4 ppg junior

21.4 ppg senior

Obviously, most players won't improve as much as Beitzel during a college career. But consider what might be possible with Huff, Schuler, Anderson, Webb, or Brekke:? Webb's and Anderson's scoring probably won't go up much (rather their assists and passing efficiency), but the upside on Huff's scoring could really be something to behold.

Huff: 13.1 ppg

Webb 10.8 ppg

Schuler 8.5 ppg

Anderson 7.9 ppg

Brekke 5.8 ppg