SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ AIR FORCE

sioux2013

Interesting stats on Devon Beitzel, Northern Colorado's star guard

5.3 ppg as a freshman

11.8 ppg sophomore

14.4 ppg junior

21.4 ppg senior

Obviously, most players won't improve as much as Beitzel during a college career. But consider what might be possible with Huff, Schuler, Anderson, Webb, or Brekke:? Webb's and Anderson's scoring probably won't go up much (rather their assists and passing efficiency), but the upside on Huff's scoring could really be something to behold.

Huff: 13.1 ppg

Webb 10.8 ppg

Schuler 8.5 ppg

Anderson 7.9 ppg

Brekke 5.8 ppg

I think Brekke in particular has the potential to greatly improve upon his freshman year scoring. He showed flashes of being capable of becoming a 15 ppg scorer this year, but struggled with fouls and early season injuries.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Brekke in particular has the potential to greatly improve upon his freshman year scoring. He showed flashes of being capable of becoming a 15 ppg scorer this year, but struggled with fouls and early season injuries.

With some more development, do you forsee Huff as a 20 - 25 ppg contributor? IMHO, Huff has the potential to become the national average scoring leader if he stays at UND..

Some Badgers fans have recently resurrected a thread about Huff, with hopes that he transfer there, or at least to another Wisconsin school.

I noticed the score visual during timeouts uses the Interlocking "ND" instead of the logo. Cute.

54-47 13 mins left.

That is because the logos for the main scoreboard and the side board have to have the same logo. Air Force chose the ND logo because there are too many colors in the Indian head logo for it to look sharp. The ND also looked better with the AF for Air Force.

With some more development, do you forsee Huff as a 20 - 25 ppg contributor? IMHO, Huff has the potential to become the national average scoring leader if he stays at UND..

Some Badgers fans have recently resurrected a thread about Huff, with hopes that he transfer there, or at least to another Wisconsin school.

I think he's definitely got 20-plus ppg potential.

Considering how infrequently it happens, I'm not particularly concerned about him transferring to a higher-profile program. From what I understand, the freshman class is a pretty close group.

I think he's definitely got 20-plus ppg potential.

Considering how infrequently it happens, I'm not particularly concerned about him transferring to a higher-profile program. From what I understand, the freshman class is a pretty close group.

Huff is definately a great talent. He did alot of amazing things this year. With that being said I would rather him being a 15 point/game guy and dish the ball more often on drives that he takes absolutely awful shots. He takes 3-4 horrible shots a game with others wide open on the wings. This would increase his assists and minimize all the turnovers he has. He tries to do too much at times during every game. Balance for a team is very key. Like to see Huff around 15, Mitchell should also be around 14-15, Schuler around 10-12 and Webb around 10 with much less turnovers and Brekke around 8-10. This is very possilbe and would make us a very sold team and a hard one to defend.