SiouxSports.com Forum

Great West Conference Tournament

dakotadan

Nice comeback in the closing minutes. Down 7 I was really concerned late in the game. This team never quits no matter what the circumstance is. Throw out the records in todays games with Houston Baptist. It will once again come down to the last few minutes. Go Sioux

USD 72

UVU 70

FINAL.

Controversial call to end the game. UVU had the ball with 5 seconds left. A USD player pushed the UVU player near the sideline but the ref called the player out of bounds. Replay showed that the player never even stepped out of bounds and that a foul should very obviously been called. I wonder where these refs are from. There have been some pretty questionable calls during the tournament.

I've been accused of being overly positive for our Men's program in the past, but they now have 18 wins this year. I never saw that coming. I'm not sure too many would have. Great job guys with continuing to learn & improve throughout this season. You give us die hards, hope for the future. It's us and the Yotes on the Men's side. Should be fun. :)

Not that I won't enjoy a battle with the USD, but with the way the games ended with UVU this year it just seems a bit unsatisfying not getting one more opportunity to play them.

I was hoping the same thing, a rematch with Utah Valley. 18 wins so far and one free throw more in a couple of games and we could have had a 20 win season. Of course a 20 win season is still within grasp. Beat USD tonight and win at least one game in the tournament. Go Sioux

USD 72

UVU 70

FINAL.

Controversial call to end the game. UVU had the ball with 5 seconds left. A USD player pushed the UVU player near the sideline but the ref called the player out of bounds. Replay showed that the player never even stepped out of bounds and that a foul should very obviously been called. I wonder where these refs are from. There have been some pretty questionable calls during the tournament.

Hard to believe that USD pulled this one out considering their leading scorer (Westbrook) is injured and didn't play, and they were just 3-15 from the free throw line!

Not that I won't enjoy a battle with the USD, but with the way the games ended with UVU this year it just seems a bit unsatisfying not getting one more opportunity to play them.

Beating a team three times in a season is very difficult. For that reason, I liked the matchup with UVU. For the same reason, I hate the match up with USD.

Psychologically, it will be very difficult for the Sioux to pull out this win.

Beating a team three times in a season is very difficult. For that reason, I liked the matchup with UVU. For the same reason, I hate the match up with USD.

Psychologically, it will be very difficult for the Sioux to pull out this win.

If a player can't get in the right psychological state of mind during an end of year tournament championship game they shouldn't have made it to the game in the first place. I have no doubt the Sioux will be ready and will win.

When I look at my expectations for the year, throw in some injuries with Goodman and Wilmar and most of the team playing being Freshman and they have way over exceeded what I thought would happen. If they could shoot free throws they would have blown me away. They seem to be really headed in the right direction.

Hopefully UND can top the Coyotes and we put in a good bid to get a home game in the CIT. Would be great to have a little extra home action.

I wouldn't count on a home game. USD had a better year last year than UND is having this year but didn't get to host any games. They went down to Creighton instead.