SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux @ Michigan Tech

AZSIOUX

Strange situation when you know you will be playing the same team for the next 4 games. Sweep the Huskies!!

Keep it rolling.......

WCHA Standings

Pairwise Rankings

und.gif - Sioux Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 24-8-3 (.729)

Conference Record, WCHA: 19-6-1, 39 points

Home: 13-4-1 / Away: 10-4-2 / Neutral: 1-0-0

mtu.gif - Huskies Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 4-26-4 (.176)

Conference Record, WCHA: 2-22-2, 6 points

Home: 1-10-4 / Away: 3-14-0 / Neutral: 0-2-0

Making my first trip to Houghton this week!

Does anyone know if the Sioux will be awarded the McNAughton on the ice if the they tie or win Friday?

Anyone know if there is a bus going?

Go Sioux!

I would assume they would wait to give the Sioux the cup until they have concluded their postseason series with Tech. If Tech found a way to eliminate the sioux in the WCHA playoffs there is a good possibility that the sioux wouldn't get a chance to skate the cup around this season in front of their fans (because do you think any of them would honestly be in the mood to skate the trophy around the rink after losing two of three to tech?).

Brucy should have brought the cup to UND this weekend and let the seniors skate it around on senior day. Nice once Brucy....

I assume we'll see normal lines as well as Dell for this weekends coming games. I sure hope we give Dell, Frats and Co the 2nd night off to give us a relief.

I understand momentum, but more importantly we don't want to risk injury the 2nd night in Michigan (assuming we win Friday).

This strech of the WCHA playoffs, into the final six, and then the tourey just beats up teams, especially if you make it to the final at the Xcel.

Senior day is a day for ... the seniors.

Cup day is a team day.

Don't let one overshadow the other.

Sorry, but skating the MacNaughton would have been the cherry on the sundae and have in no way diminished senior day. The MacNaughton is a regular season award and should be given when it is won. The playoff series is about moving on to the Final Five and a shot at the Broadmoor. Plus, two weeks after the fact it is anticlimactic.

Sorry, but skating the MacNaughton would have been the cherry on the sundae and have in no way diminished senior day. The MacNaughton is a regular season award and should be given when it is won. The playoff series is about moving on to the Final Five and a shot at the Broadmoor. Plus, two weeks after the fact it is anticlimactic.

not that it would happen but I'm thinking the thought was to present it to us when we have it all to ourselves without the possibility of sharing it with someone else. I have no problems with waiting another two weeks to get it all to ourselves and I'm guessing Hak and co were asked about this scenario heading into the weekend.

not that it would happen but I'm thinking the thought was to present it to us when we have it all to ourselves without the possibility of sharing it with someone else. I have no problems with waiting another two weeks to get it all to ourselves and I'm guessing Hak and co were asked about this scenario heading into the weekend.

That's how they did it in '09. The presentation was after we took Tech out in the first round of the WCHA. In fact if memory serves, that was the year Tech spent about 10 days here because they were our last series of the regular season and then our first round opponent.

That's how they did it in '09. The presentation was after we took Tech out in the first round of the WCHA. In fact if memory serves, that was the year Tech spent about 10 days here because they were our last series of the regular season and then our first round opponent.

that was 2004.

If UND earns a point (or if DU loses a point, remember, that gives UND a full share also) on Friday, I'd expect to see Eidsness on Saturday.

I'm well aware, that's why I expect to see normal lines on Friday and hope to see all of our healthy reserves in for the series finale. I sure hope we don't see Dell, Frat, Gregoire, Trupp, and a few others on Saturday.

I'm well aware, that's why I expect to see normal lines on Friday and hope to see all of our healthy reserves in for the series finale. I sure hope we don't see Dell, Frat, Gregoire, Trupp, and a few others on Saturday.

first this isn't the NFL where you start sitting players as NCAA positioning is still happening. second you can only bring three extra players one of which is your backup goalie. so with two extra players I don't think you'll see wholesale changes. that and we don't know the staus of rowney plus with kristo and chay being out we don't have a lot of reserves left to begin with. a loss will kill our rpi which in effect could keep us from being a number one seed down the road. that said I do expect to see Eids start on sat.

first this isn't the NFL where you start sitting players as NCAA positioning is still happening. second you can only bring three extra players one of which is your backup goalie. so with two extra players I don't think you'll see wholesale changes. that and we don't know the staus of rowney plus with kristo and chay being out we don't have a lot of reserves left to begin with. a loss will kill our rpi which in effect could keep us from being a number one seed down the road. that said I do expect to see Eids start on sat.

Maybe at least the Pony line time on the ice is minimal on Saturday and the third and fourth line see a lot of ice. This gives Fratt, Malone, and Trupp a breather and protects them a bit from injury or getting pulled into a fight. If they are on the bench they can at least be plugged in as needed to assure the win but not overexerted. I think that is a win win compromise.

You will see the full Fighting Sioux on Friday night. Saturday night we will rest anyone with injuries, but everyone who's healthy will be on the ice. We might see a little more of the third and fourth lines in terms of minutes played, but the top 6 will play in both games unless someone has a nagging little injury.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe that some fans are thinking that we should take a page out of the Ron Gardenhire book of playoff prep. There is no way that we should rest anyone. I totally agree with Yzerman that the team needs to play the lines and go for the wins. They need to lock up the #1 overall seed. There is plenty of time to rest this summer.

You will see the full Fighting Sioux on Friday night. Saturday night we will rest anyone with injuries, but everyone who's healthy will be on the ice. We might see a little more of the third and fourth lines in terms of minutes played, but the top 6 will play in both games unless someone has a nagging little injury.

Agreed. You will see the playoff lineup on the ice on Friday night. Saturday could be different with Eidsness possibly getting a start in the net to give Dell a bit of a break.

If the Sioux lose on Friday night I would almost expect them to have a playoff like attitude on Saturday, even if they win the cup by Denver losing on Friday night. I'm of the belief that you need to have all guns blazing going into the postseason. I would hope that UND goes into Houghton this weekend and tries to send a message to Tech that there is no way they'll win a series in Grand Forks.