SiouxSports.com Forum

Anyone else get their Final 5 Tix and are absolutely

beebsb010

irate about the Sioux not being on the tickets? Unless my memory is going, the previous Broadmoor Champion has ALWAYS been on the face of the tickets and I've had season tix since 2001. I open up my ticket package this year fully expecting our very own Fighting Sioux on the face of the tickets only to see they've been replaced with white "shadows" if you will of some hockey figures.

What gives? I'm trying to remember if they did that to us the last time we won it which was in like 05 or 06 I believe. Is it because of our nickname "issue"? All I know is that it bugs that hell out of me that we aren't on the face of these tix.

Thoughts??

I think there are bigger things to worry about, like winning the tournament, getting the first round bye. Plus we have been called North Dakota State University in the past, this is relatively minor.

Well OBVIOUSLY winning the tournament and getting a 1st round bye is more important. THANK YOU for pointing that out to me Scherlock. :silly:

Anyways, I called the X and they said it's just because they changed the format this year to 6 teams so the girl who "designs" the tickets thought it'd be a good idea to change the look of the ticket this year as well. Pretty Lame IMO as the design was awesome the way it was and I always enjoyed seeing the previous Champ on them, but whatever I guess.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Well OBVIOUSLY winning the tournament and getting a 1st round bye is more important. THANK YOU for pointing that out to me Scherlock. :silly:

Anyways, I called the X and they said it's just because they changed the format this year to 6 teams so the girl who "designs" the tickets thought it'd be a good idea to change the look of the ticket this year as well. Pretty Lame IMO as the design was awesome the way it was and I always enjoyed seeing the previous Champ on them, but whatever I guess.

You actually called the X? Not much going on for ya huh.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

It is an odd design. I was more concerned about my order being goofed up with seats in places they were not supposed to be and no seats where they were supposed to be. This was largely my fault as I do not always speak or write with clarity. Great folks at the X corrected to my satisfaction and did not even suggest me an idiot while doing so.

As I often preach, if you ain't got 'em yet, buy 'em now. Even with the Thursday package prices included, the street cost and demand could go sky high on Friday night and Saturday. Who knows?

Sioux 6. Gophers 1. Championship Final.

It is an odd design. I was more concerned about my order being goofed up with seats in places they were not supposed to be and no seats where they were supposed to be. This was largely my fault as I do not always speak or write with clarity. Great folks at the X corrected to my satisfaction and did not even suggest me an idiot while doing so.

As I often preach, if you ain't got 'em yet, buy 'em now. Even with the Thursday package prices included, the street cost and demand could go sky high on Friday night and Saturday. Who knows?

Sioux 6. Gophers 1. Championship Final.

I would be surprised if the Gophers make the Final Five and if they do they will probably be eliminated before Saturday... :lol:

They keep the name Final Five because now it is the final five games of the league season.

That make sense, is that what the final 5 always referred to, thought it was the number of teams. At any rate, with the third place game gone, the name then still applies.

Good to learn something new every day, even though I'll forget by tomorrow.

Says the guy who replied to a thread that he must not care to much about. Not much going on for you either huh? Yes, that's a question mark after my question, but your period is a nice touch too.

Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.... :huh:

Those of us that get our tickets from ticketmaster just get the old generic yellow and orange tickets. I wouldn't be complaining too much.

That make sense, is that what the final 5 always referred to, thought it was the number of teams. At any rate, with the third place game gone, the name then still applies.

Good to learn something new every day, even though I'll forget by tomorrow.

I am sure the Final Five reference was initially to remaining teams. Then, with the expansion of the league to twelve, and with the Wild wanting to muscle in on the fun with their stupid Saturday afternoon game, my Uncle Bruce was left to change horses and change the reference to the final five games of the league's season.

I just hope mine show up. But it is real interesting to change the ticket with no real reason. I always thought it was neat to have the champs on the next year tix.

Well, they already changed the trophy to that stupid hotel replica, and they changed the format of the tournament, so I guess nothing's safe? I have my ticket pack from last year up in my cube because tUMD is on there, and I did think it was cool, but certainly not something to rage about.

However, if the original poster feels his tickets are now worthless, I'll gladly take them off his hands for $5 per set. :lol:

Well, they already changed the trophy to that stupid hotel replica, and they changed the format of the tournament, so I guess nothing's safe? I have my ticket pack from last year up in my cube because tUMD is on there, and I did think it was cool, but certainly not something to rage about.

However, if the original poster feels his tickets are now worthless, I'll gladly take them off his hands for $5 per set. :lol:

I will give him $6.00 per seat and scalp them at the front door.

irate about the Sioux not being on the tickets? Unless my memory is going, the previous Broadmoor Champion has ALWAYS been on the face of the tickets and I've had season tix since 2001. I open up my ticket package this year fully expecting our very own Fighting Sioux on the face of the tickets only to see they've been replaced with white "shadows" if you will of some hockey figures.

What gives? I'm trying to remember if they did that to us the last time we won it which was in like 05 or 06 I believe. Is it because of our nickname "issue"? All I know is that it bugs that hell out of me that we aren't on the face of these tix.

Thoughts??

I was actually going to start this thread! Wasn't too happy not seeing black ice on the cover of my tickets.. Glad you called the X actually, just to see what was up. I guess it makes sense being that the tournament (EDIT: League consists of two more teams) consists of two more teams, o'well. I do hope there is another way to restructure this tournament for years to come. In my opinion, the 7:30 game on Thursday was perfect! Now 3 pm and 7:30 (or whatever it is)..... I don't know how much can be done in restructuring it, but the Wild game shouldn't even be tossed into the advertisement of this tournament, unless the tickets are free :) Glad to see sioux sports finest are coming out to rip on you beebs for voicing your opinions....

I was actually going to start this thread! Wasn't too happy not seeing black ice on the cover of my tickets.. Glad you called the X actually, just to see what was up. I guess it makes sense being that the tournament consists of two more teams, o'well. I do hope there is another way to restructure this tournament for years to come. In my opinion, the 7:30 game on Thursday was perfect! Now 3 pm and 7:30 (or whatever it is)..... I don't know how much can be done in restructuring it, but the Wild game shouldn't even be tossed into the advertisement of this tournament, unless the tickets are free :) Glad to see sioux sports finest are coming out to rip on you beebs for voicing your opinions....

While I disagree with a little of your post (o.p. was a little histrionic), I do agree that the format of the tournament totally sucks. Under the old format, three fanbases were guaranteed two games and two fanbases gambled on getting either one or three games. Now no fanbases are guaranteed more than one game, not even the top seeds. I live in the Twin Cities and always take Thursday and Friday off anyway and I go to the games even when tUMD is not there, but it would totally stink if I had to take two days off work, spend money driving/flying in, and book a hotel room for three nights only to see my team lose at 3PM on Thursday afternoon.

but it would totally stink if I had to take two days off work, spend money driving/flying in, and book a hotel room for three nights only to see my team lose at 3PM on Thursday afternoon.

I look at it this way, the Final Five is an excuse to get out of work with paid vacation and reload and get mentally prepared for the spring and summer. I am sure once the Big Ten Hockey Farce is upon us the WCHA may look at revamping the WCHA conference tourney. I could care less what my tickets look like... Like someone mentioned earlier the new Broadmoor Throphy is ugly. Nice that the Sioux won the first new one though...

Edited by Goon