SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ SCSU

AZSIOUX

What I don't understand is why Friday's game can be on but not Saturday's?

I was actually surprised when he said they were picking it up. I am guessing that it will take viewers away from the Womens game going on at the same time.

Found this link which shows both listed on Charter. Not sure which areas of the state show which, but I hope my area will have the Sioux!

http://www.chartermainstreetgld.com/webstuff/HockeySchedules/10-11_WCHA_HockeyScheduleMN.pdf

I hate to say it but I'm having a miniature nervous breakdown about this whole thing! We're too broke to get tix to the SCSU game and I have to work Thursday-Friday (cannot get out of it) of the Final Five :sad: . I sure hope the SCSU game is really on Charter main Street. :crazy:

I hate to say it but I'm having a miniature nervous breakdown about this whole thing! We're too broke to get tix to the SCSU game and I have to work Thursday-Friday (cannot get out of it) of the Final Five :sad: . I sure hope the SCSU game is really on Charter main Street. :crazy:

Not to burst your bubble, but living in Superior, my Charter digital box says I will get to see the Duluth-Mankato game.

The info on that channel has been wrong before though.

I think it's funny how some SCSU fans thinks Hakstol is going to let the Huskies wear black this weekend, against the Sioux. If I am not mistaken and Brad confirmed it as well on the Chat this afternoon, that visiting coach is the one that makes this decision. I think the Sioux can sweep them no matter what jersey they are wearing. Reading the article from today Herald makes me think that UND is due again Sterns County Community College...

If SCSU does wear there blacks.... I saw it coming when we did it back in Dec. when they played up in GF. SCSU does not have an original idea in their head. More motivation for our guys.

I can't believe that Hakstol would approve it. I would tell them hell no...

You are correct that last season was a tie (splits in Grand Forks [W 4-2, L 2-3] and St. Cloud [L 3-4, W 8-1]). Since we "share" the trophy when the teams each earn four points in the regular season series (no playoff tiebreaker or anything like that, at least not yet...), and since we had held the Challenge Cup since January 2009, I left the Cup with the Center Ice Club after the February 2010 series.

And yes, UND needs one point this weekend to claim the Cup outright.

Look for more information about the history of the UND/SCSU Challenge Cup later this week.

Dave

+1 Dave. Thanks as always for the facts.

It's hit or miss in the Twin Cities...the link above indicates that Saturday's game will be available on Comcast (nothing about Friday's game however)...I did check my online guide for Comcast and as of right now it only shows paid programming (i.e. infomercials) for both nights...hoping that at least Saturday's game will be shown here...

Brad Schlossman keeps telling everyone that the game will not be televised on Saturday unless you're in a Charter area. That's contrary to what the St. Cloud website is saying, but right now my Comcast Channel 13 (Burnsville, MN) lists the good old "TBA." Probably won't know for sure until the puck drops.

On tonight's BB broadcast, Sweeney said, "If you've installed your digital converter box, you'll be able to get the Friday men's hockey game on 323." My mother-in-law has a new digital/HD TV.........shouldn't she be able to get it on MIDCO without the converter box they seemed to have sent everyone? (She hasn't hooked it up yet, but seems to get a bunch of 3-digit channels anyway.)

Thank you for the info! I just installed our digital converter box yesterday and had no idea we could get channel 323 considering we have the most basic cable package available. I just tried it out and it works. :)

Thank you for the info! I just installed our digital converter box yesterday and had no idea we could get channel 323 considering we have the most basic cable package available. I just tried it out and it works. :)

Hey, good for you! I'm a Polar cable guy so I'm hoping my mother-in-law gets it so I can go to her place and watch it.

Brad Schlossman keeps telling everyone that the game will not be televised on Saturday unless you're in a Charter area. That's contrary to what the St. Cloud website is saying, but right now my Comcast Channel 13 (Burnsville, MN) lists the good old "TBA." Probably won't know for sure until the puck drops.

Interesting. My Comcast channel 23 in the metro area, that has the occasional WCHA game, shows Paid Programming... :(

Hopefully it gets updated later this week.