SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

O-Coord. Greg Breitbach:

I'm out of time. Coach Schleusner is up next. Before I go I'd like to thank our fans and all of the support. You'll like this recruiting class in the seasons to come.... We'll be ready for 2012!

Gotta love that quote!!

I posted this over on the FCS Recruiting thread - meant to have it here....>

I think Wiki is fully updated with the 21 signees and 7 PWOs (assuming those that haven't paid their fees will show up on campus this fall). It will be interesting to learn if any of the guys had more offers than we are aware of. I like the class but it appears there weren't many who had other offers. No need to comment on that comment - I fully realize some kids who weren't highly recruited turn out to be great college FB players. However, I would prefer that they were more highly thought of by other schools

Not sure whether anybody else follows "Edgy Tim" on twitter, but he tweeted a little while ago that "Daveed Carter from Loyola Academy will NOT be signing an LOI with North Dakota today". I can only assume there must have previously been a report that he would be. I've never heard of him before.

Not sure whether anybody else follows "Edgy Tim" on twitter, but he tweeted a little while ago that "Daveed Carter from Loyola Academy will NOT be signing an LOI with North Dakota today". I can only assume there must have previously been a report that he would be. I've never heard of him before.

Maybe that's what Kotelnicki said when he noted during chat that they are looking for one more LB.

I'm still somewhat shocked by the fact that only one OL was signed. I can't recall that ever happening before.
I agree - I have been following UND FB recruiting closely for many years. I don't every remember only one OL in a class. Even with the PWOs, Schwartkopf is expected to be on defensive side of the line.

I will take BLAME for that, maybe he is just a fan, my mistake. The bottom line is the kid chose NDSU, whether he changed his mind or not. May never know and it probably doesn't matter at this point. He would have been a nice ND walk-on but didn't happen.

The names are coming in though - I love the live blog thing from UND!

Fixed it for you. And your right it doesn't matter at this point.

I thought this was a pretty interesting response by Mussman to a question about replacing Belmore as recruiting coordinator:

We have not named that position yet. There will be a number of different staff responsibilities that will change here in the future. Hopefully, this can reenergize some guys and give them different areas to recruit.

WIth the group that was signed today, I'd have to say that UND football looks to go a lot more vertical. A nice collection of QBs and WRs in the bunch.

The addition of Braden Hanson for one year is huge, on and off the field, as a leader and mentor.

Watching the video of Kodee Varner, wow, does that kid have speed.

Big Sky here we come!!!

I agree - I have been following UND FB recruiting closely for many years. I don't every remember only one OL in a class. Even with the PWOs, Schwartkopf is expected to be on defensive side of the line.

SFI just tweeted that Mussman said another OL will likely be signed in the next few days.