SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

The Nebraska walk on program has hit us pretty hard this year. Not counting Foltz (in case he does come visit and changes his mind and commits to UND), we've lost three players off our offer list.

Also, per the Yote board, TE Matt Miller has committed to USD.

Kenny Golladay looks the part. Lets hope he's another great wide receiver recruit for us. It'll be interesting to see the offense evolve with the young talent and qb and wr. I wonder if we'll spread it out a bit more to use Ivery, McGill, Barientos, Jackson, Young, Bridges, and Adler to their full potential.

Kenny Golladay looks the part. Lets hope he's another great wide receiver recruit for us. It'll be interesting to see the offense evolve with the young talent and qb and wr. I wonder if we'll spread it out a bit more to use Ivery, McGill, Barientos, Jackson, Young, Bridges, and Adler to their full potential.

You forgot Hardin. I think if our qb play allows us, we will throw it around next year. I'm hoping either Young or Jackson (or both) fill that bigger, more physical WR role to compelent our other guys. Even though all have proven they won't shy away from crossing the middle.

I was just naming the really young receivers. Hardin was too old to make that cut. But I am very excited to see what the offense looks like with all of the talent that has been collected. Also I am excited to see the new players on defense like Ratell, Peters, Welch, Fafita, the Browns, Butler and Idowu.

Assuming all of our curent reported commitments sign, I'mstill hoping to see a few OL added. We have done a pretty good job at building some depth (2 injuries last year), but I would like to see more added. We know Mussman can coach O-linemen so I'd like to see a Lauer or similar talents commit to add to that line.

Is Zach Adler going to be playing TE or DL? He is listed as a DL on undsports.com and his jersey number is #93 which would be odd for a TE. Also is Breon Butler expected to be back this year?

TE. Think Hernandez with the Patriots. More of an H back TE. And I wouldn't be surprised that Butler would be back from his shoulder injury after rehabbing in California.

TE. Think Hernandez with the Patriots. More of an H back TE. And I wouldn't be surprised that Butler would be back from his shoulder injury after rehabbing in California.

Wow Aaron Hernandez comparison not quite Gronk but pretty close! Any videos out there on Bayer or Galladay

Anyone know anything about a Nate Ellingson from Jamestown who may be walking on?

About 6' 2 1/2" 200 lbs. Started for Wadena, Mn. for 2 years, then family moved to Jamestown for his senior year. Great kid, will work very hard, good student. Younger brother was Soph and is also a very good athlete. Nice walk on. Might be able to put on 30 lbs and play linebacker or FB. Will be work in progress.

About 6' 2 1/2" 200 lbs. Started for Wadena, Mn. for 2 years, then family moved to Jamestown for his senior year. Great kid, will work very hard, good student. Younger brother was Soph and is also a very good athlete. Nice walk on. Might be able to put on 30 lbs and play linebacker or FB. Will be work in progress.

Thanks, Ira - apparently his walking on is fact?

Are you aware of any other recruiting news?

Thanks, Ira - apparently his walking on is fact?

Are you aware of any other recruiting news?

I know he wanted to go to UND and play FB but I do not know if he has decided to walk on at UND. I haven't heard anything else lately other than one of the coaches said recruiting is going very well.