SiouxSports.com Forum

Bye Week............

AZSIOUX

How will this play out??

What if Calculator

Sioux sit in 1st place but with 2 games in hand over DU and UMD who sit right behind them.

As of today they sit tied for 2nd with DU in the pairwise rakings

WCHA Standings

Pairwise Rankings

DU takes on CC this weekend in a home and home. GO TIGERS!!

UMD hosts the Gophers who are battling for home ice with CC for that 6 spot. I just noticed UAA and SCSU are in cc and the gophs rearview.

How will this play out??

What if Calculator

Sioux sit in 1st place but with 2 games in hand over DU and UMD who sit right behind them.

As of today they sit tied for 2nd with DU in the pairwise rakings

WCHA Standings

Pairwise Rankings

DU takes on CC this weekend in a home and home. GO TIGERS!!

UMD hosts the Gophers.

Great, now I have to hold my nose and cheer for Goldy. :( Oh well, anything for the boys! GO TIGERS!!! GO (cough, cough) GOPHERS!!!

Great, now I have to hold my nose and cheer for Goldy. :( Oh well, anything for the boys! GO TIGERS!!! GO (cough, cough) GOPHERS!!!

umm, screw that. :lol: just root for a couple ties or duluth to drop 1 hopefully. not for the gophs to win :D

• Upvote 1

umm, screw that. :lol: just root for a couple ties or duluth to drop 1 hopefully. not for the gophs to win :D

There is no way I could ever cheer for the Gophers, ever! I would rather see B.C. or BU win an NCAA title over the Gophers...

This is going to be a tough weekend for UND.

Thus far, this season, Bye has gone unbeaten. True, they haven't won any games, but no wins, no losses, and a bunch of ties is somewhat impressive.

I think UND will be lucky to get 2 points this weekend. :)

You better check the numbers again. Bye hasn't given up a point yet this season. I would be surprised if UND gets anything out of the weekend.

• Upvote 2

No points will come out of this weekend, thats for sure..... :lol:

What would be nice around the league would be all splits in the top end series. CC never sweeps DU, so lets be realistic about the fact that a split is the most we can hope for. At the same time I'd like to see Duluth and Minnesota split as that would prevent Duluth from jumping ahead of the Sioux, and at the same time Minnesota can tack on another loss to their total which hopefully ensures they would have to win their way in the NCAA tournament.

Other series:

~We need a SCSU-UNO split

~We don't care about Anchorage vs. Tech (don't let Anchorage get on too much of a roll Tech)

~BSU-Mankato.....hmm....the battle for 10th in the league....GO BEAVERS!

I heard Bye's strength of schedule is near that of Yale.

Actually, I'm pretty sure their strength of schedule will end up right in the middle of the pack, at least by the end of the season. I guess that's what happens when you have every team in college hockey on the schedule. ;)

After this weekend..the Sioux will most likely be in 3rd. (maybe tied for second)

Denver will sweep Colorado College (though I really hope that the Tigers at least win 1 of the games, as this will help the Sioux tremendously)

Minnesota Duluth will most likely split with Minnesota, being that the game is in Minneapolis.

Wisconsin is off this weekend and really don’t see them moving up in the standing's too much over the next 4 weeks.

The Sioux have the benefit of a weaker schedule compared to Denver, and if the Sioux take care of business and win the next 4 series, they should be near the top and hopefully compete for the MacNaughton cup.

After this weekend..the Sioux will most likely be in 3rd. (maybe tied for second)

Denver will sweep Colorado College (though I really hope that the Tigers at least win 1 of the games, as this will help the Sioux tremendously)

Minnesota Duluth will most likely split with Minnesota, being that the game is in Minneapolis.

Wisconsin is off this weekend and really don

Wisconsin is off this weekend and really don

The gophs are on the road at Duluth, but I agree that we'll most likely see a split out of this series. Series from this point out where top six teams are playing one another helps UND, as it almost assures them of not getting passed by multiple teams.

The Sioux can realistically finish the year going 7-1. Heck, if they played well they could go 8-0. Going 6-2 gives them a great chance of winning the league, anything better than that almost assures them of a league title. (Unless Denver plays lights out and doesn't lose again).

Not realistic to go 8-0 the rest of the year, although I think we'll all be pretty disappointed if we don't. I expect us to go 6-1-1 or 7-0-1 the rest of the way. I could see us dropping a close one at SCSU or Bemidji.

It was so nice seeing the Gophers get swept at home against Duluth last year, I'd love to see that in Duluth this year. But also i agree the hot and cold Gophers will come to play one night.