SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire head coach Dave Hakstol

Goon

Get out the pitch forks and rakes  

143 members have voted

1. 1. If Hakstol's team doesn't win a national title should he be fired.

• Yes
    • No

Yeah, I know. Whats your point? I was talking about when the coaches took over the programs. Not going through every season they've ever coached.

My point is that this is not only Hak's 7th year coaching at UND, it is only his 7th year as a head coach in college hockey. Just like anything else, it usually takes people some time to learn how to coach at a new level. Being an assistant in that same program helps. But being the head guy is a whole different ball of wax. That is why I keep pointing out that even the most successful head coaches don't often have great success at the beginning of their career.

haks going to get #8 this year! then the floodgates will open to pass michigans 9 :D

this team has a hell of a shot like they have every season since he arrived as the head coach. the BC debacles are what hurts him the most and i agree that those were just awful to watch and even worse live. hak will get his and it may start in april. we will see.

in hak i trust!!

go sioux!! i want BC in the title game! wait, did i just say that?? :lol:

all is good in sioux hockey land (leading the country in wins, 3rd in pairwise and 1 point out of 1st in the wcha) these next 3 months are going to be a fun run to watch

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

haks going to get #8 this year! then the floodgates will open to pass michigans 9 :D

this team has a hell of a shot like they have every season since he arrived as the head coach. the BC debacles are what hurts him the most and i agree that those were just awful to watch and even worse live. hak will get his and it may start in april. we will see.

in hak i trust!!

go sioux!! i want BC in the title game! wait, did i just say that?? :lol:

all is good in sioux hockey land (leading the country in wins, 3rd in pairwise and 1 point out of 1st in the wcha) these next 3 months are going to be a fun run to watch

If the Sioux do hang #8 this year, Hak better follow with #9 in '12. Gwoz and Lucia did it, and with all the talent that will still be on the team, he'd better or I say he should go. I mean, we have standards.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

If the Sioux do hang #8 this year, Hak better follow with #9 in '12. Gwoz and Lucia did it, and with all the talent that will still be on the team, he'd better or I say he should go. I mean, we have standards.

wow, no sense of humor by your fellow posters...you are currently sitting at -2... :(

Does it? Check your math again. Hak has more HC experience to date by several years. Hak started coaching in 1996, Johnson in 1995. All of Johnson experience prior to this year was in the USHL, Hak had GM/HC responsibilities in the USHL and then 4 years at UND. He had a hand in recruiting Parise, Bochenski, Greene, etc etc. I'll take Hak all day over Johnson who had no experience recruiting or HC experience at the college level. I'm sorry but 9 season in the USHL does not equal 4 seasons in the USHL and 4 seasons as an associate HC at UND.

Hak had a far better resume in 2004 than Johnson.

Read the last line where it states that Steve had more head coaching experience than Hak when Hak became head coach. Do you not realize that Steve was also the GM at Lincoln and Fargo? If Hak is such a great recruiter why did he not get Potulny to play here? Oh wait because he never even tried.

• Downvote 1

Read the last line where it states that Steve had more head coacjing experience than Hak when Hak became head coach. Do you not realize that Steve was also the GM at Lincoln and Fargo? If Hak is such a great recruiter why did he not get Potulny to play here? Oh wait because he never even tried.

You are a moron! Grant was recruited to Gooferville while Dean was still the coach. If Dean would have really wanted Grant he would have played for the Sioux.

Ryan followed his brother and Irman followed his friends.

• Upvote 1

You are a moron! Grant was recruited to Gooferville while Dean was still the coach. If Dean would have really wanted Grant he would have played for the Sioux.

If I remember the story Grants dad told Blais that he either takes both or get neither of them (Ryan and Grant).

Read the last line where it states that Steve had more head coacjing experience than Hak when Hak became head coach. Do you not realize that Steve was also the GM at Lincoln and Fargo? If Hak is such a great recruiter why did he not get Potulny to play here? Oh wait because he never even tried.

You have absolutely no idea as to what you are talking about when it comes to the recruiting process or the coaching situation. Go sit down for now and then at the end of the year you can be first in line to buy your national championship shirt.

You have absolutely no idea as to what you are talking about when it comes to the recruiting process or the coaching situation. Go sit down for now and then at the end of the year you can be first in line to buy your national championship shirt.

I think that is a good point, I bet its much easier to sit in the stands and be critical than it is to stand down on the bench and coach.

Edited by Goon

Ryan never was going to play for the Sioux, he was wearing Gopher gear around Soph year. Irman would follow Ryan to the ends of the earth at that time.

Hak IS a great recruiter, you'll sole example was Grant Potulny? Hahaha, get real. Have you ever thought that maybe Grant wanted to play for the Gophers instead of the Sioux? Kids have choices to make or maybe Dean didn't want him. One player the Sioux didn't get, but of course you forgot Toews and Parise. Actually I forget, where is Toews/Parise now days? How bout Grant? You win some, you lose some when it comes to recruiting. I would agrue that Toews has done more for recognition of our program than Grant has for Minnesota. Our program was amazing when Hak took over, its now an elite stopping point for US/Canada players to get to the NHL and play for a winning program and get a quality education.

I did realize Steve was a GM and HC at Lincoln and Fargo, again, whats your point? Fargo was in 2009 so thats irrelavant to your agrument.

Again, when Hak took over he had 4 yrs at UND, recruiting, teaching, and developing as a COLLEGE coach. Steve Johnson during those 4 yrs was a head coach in the USHL. By far better experience at UND then in the USHL. Just my opinion.

UND associate HC > USHL GM/HC.

PS. Hak was a GM/HC for 4 yrs prior to that. Again, career progression, thats what its all about.

Ryan never was going to play for the Sioux, he was wearing Gopher gear around Soph year. Irman would follow Ryan to the ends of the earth at that time.

Hak IS a great recruiter, you'll sole example was Grant Potulny? Hahaha, get real. Have you ever thought that maybe Grant wanted to play for the Gophers instead of the Sioux? Kids have choices to make or maybe Dean didn't want him. One player the Sioux didn't get, but of course you forgot Toews and Parise. Actually I forget, where is Toews/Parise now days? How bout Grant? You win some, you lose some when it comes to recruiting. I would agrue that Toews has done more for recognition of our program than Grant has for Minnesota. Our program was amazing when Hak took over, its now an elite stopping point for US/Canada players to get to the NHL and play for a winning program and get a quality education.

I did realize Steve was a GM and HC at Lincoln and Fargo, again, whats your point? Fargo was in 2009 so thats irrelavant to your agrument.

Again, when Hak took over he had 4 yrs at UND, recruiting, teaching, and developing as a COLLEGE coach. Steve Johnson during those 4 yrs was a head coach in the USHL. By far better experience at UND then in the USHL. Just my opinion.

PS. Hak was a GM/HC for 4 yrs prior to that. Again, career progression, thats what its all about.

Give a break on your constant recruiting, this was done well long before Hak, the program is considerably bigger than just Hak. This argument you keep going on about, heard it when Gasparani took over, heard it when Blais took over, they did pretty well don't you think. The recruits will still come, the program is going to do well with or without Hakstol. This is a credit due to more than just him, give it a rest about Johnson, good coach, good proven record. I would also say based on you going on about this, should have gone deeper into post season with what you keep saying, teams have been unprepared in those losses.

Give a break on your constant recruiting, this was done well long before Hak, the program is considerably bigger than just Hak. This argument you keep going on about, heard it when Gasparani took over, heard it when Blais took over, they did pretty well don't you think. The recruits will still come, the program is going to do well with or without Hakstol. This is a credit due to more than just him, give it a rest about Johnson, good coach, good proven record. I would also say based on you going on about this, should have gone deeper into post season with what you keep saying, teams have been unprepared in those losses.

I never once said Hak is THE reason the program is where its at. Its Hak and Co doing a great job with what we have and improving on it. I'm tired of this whole arguement and its sad that I need to defend things like this (especially this early in the season). There is still a lot of hockey to be played and the post season results are frustrating, it doesn't mean we need a change in the staff.

Johnson is a great coach, I never brought it up though. Another poster said Johnson was a better successor and I disagreed.

UND hockey is more than me and you, Hak and Co., and the current players. I understand that, Hak and Co sure as heck understand that, and the current players know that too. Thats why kids stick around at UND.

Try the fact that Hak was doing the recruiting and told Dean not to bother with Grant.

• Downvote 1

Actually it is most of the posters here have no idea what they are talking about. Don't have any national t-shirts and never will. Grant's dad told me that they never recruited Grant. In fact he told me that Hak was suppose to watch Grant and did not and lied to Blais and told him not to bother. So then you are saying Grant's dad is a liar?

So Grant's dad is a liar because he was the one who told me about Grant and Hak.

Show me where I once said that Steve would be a better coach? You people like to make up what someone else wrote or have a real problem with your reading skills. You brought up Hak's GM experience and I pointed out only that Steve had more GM experience than Hak and more head coaching experience when Hak was hired. I just posted his resume and that was it. Jeez you people really do need to get a life. Does Hak have to wipe your drool off his shoes? I was not even the person who brought up Steve to start with. The question I responded to was who else is there to coach and I brought up Berry and someone else brought up Steve.