SiouxSports.com Forum

Goaltending

Boogieman

A lot of thing in play here with our goaltending situation. Does anyone know what the timetable is (might be) on Gothberg's arrival? If Dell can continue his level of play and with Gothberg on the horizon, I guess I'm wondering what that does to Eideness' mindset for coming back for his "senior" season considering that he graduates this spring as a junior? Like most of us, I figured that Eidesness would be the man this year and obviously enroll in graduate courses next year so he could continue to play.

I think the duo of Dell and Eidsness are good enough for this team to win consistently and I think if Gothberg needs more developmental time that we should just let him do that. I am not one of those fans that blames our goaltenders every time we lose and I think we are better than average in this area right now. Nothing to worry about unless someone gets hurt or leaves early.

I think the duo of Dell and Eidsness are good enough for this team to win consistently and I think if Gothberg needs more developmental time that we should just let him do that. I am not one of those fans that blames our goaltenders every time we lose and I think we are better than average in this area right now. Nothing to worry about unless someone gets hurt or leaves early.

In a a recent chat Brad said that Brad Eidsness "could" be a flight risk based on the amount of playing time that he got this season. I suppose that UND could get a goaltender from the USHL like they did with Jordan Parise and leave Gothberg to develop in the USHL. It will be interesting to see what happens the rest of this season and in the off season. From what I have read, it sounds like Eids is a great student.

Edited by Goon

Huh. I guess there are more than a few of those.

I like Eidsness. I hope he doesn't bolt because, if he does, I fear that he'll spend even more time than he will already will in the minors. Better for him to finish the 4 years here before embarking on his AHL/ECHL development phase.

Huh. I guess there are more than a few of those.

I like Eidsness. I hope he doesn't bolt because, if he does, I fear that he'll spend even more time than he will already will in the minors. Better for him to finish the 4 years here before embarking on his AHL/ECHL development phase.

huh?

How is that better for him? Especially after he has a degree. Look, for selfish reasons as a Sioux hockey fan, I want BE to stay at UND, too, but to think any of us fans knows what is better for his development is quite a stretch. Maybe the kid won't even give pro hockey a shot and wants to get on with the rest of his life?? Nothing wrong with that, either.

huh?

How is that better for him? Especially after he has a degree. Look, for selfish reasons as a Sioux hockey fan, I want BE to stay at UND, too, but to think any of us fans knows what is better for his development is quite a stretch. Maybe the kid won't even give pro hockey a shot and wants to get on with the rest of his life?? Nothing wrong with that, either.

I think you misread the statement. RedWing is not saying it will be better for Eids.

huh?

If Brad Eidness did four yeats of college in three years I have the feeling he is a very good student and might have aspirations of some kind of a graduate degree... It has to be tough to play division one hockey and excelerate your studies as well.

If Brad Eidness did four yeats of college in three years I have the feeling he is a very good student and might have aspirations of some kind of a graduate degree... It has to be tough to play division one hockey and excelerate your studies as well.

That's what I'm saying. I think whether he comes back or not is more a "life" decision than a "hockey" decision. With a degree in hand, that decision whether to return to UND or not might be a little easier. Different scenario than a kid that has two years worth of credits after three years of attending school.huh.gif

As I attempted in my reply to RW77, if he is just going to spend "even more time in the minors", when is the best time to leave? Having a degree already in hand might make that decision easier for him.

That said, I hope BE does return next year, as this year has proven that you never know from season to season how things will go at any position, especially goaltender. Depth is never a bad thing.

• Upvote 1

I could be wrong but I think I remember hearing that he had a head start on his studies before he came to UND while he was playing junior.

I have quietly wondered to myself that getting a bachelors degree in 3 years may have contributed to his lesser performance this year over last. Sort of a mental "burnout" (which is way to harsh, but I am not a wordsmith).

When i read this "for selfish reasons as a Sioux hockey fan, I want BE to stay at UND" , I had the thought that selfishness wants him to move on with either hockey or his degree and bring in a rising, hungry star... be it Gothberg or someone else.

Personally i think our goalies are hung out to dry too often, but i am a hockey fan and not a coach.

Rick

I have quietly wondered to myself that getting a bachelors degree in 3 years may have contributed to his lesser performance this year over last. Sort of a mental "burnout" (which is way to harsh, but I am not a wordsmith).

When i read this "for selfish reasons as a Sioux hockey fan, I want BE to stay at UND" , I had the thought that selfishness wants him to move on with either hockey or his degree and bring in a rising, hungry star... be it Gothberg or someone else.

Personally i think our goalies are hung out to dry too often, but i am a hockey fan and not a coach.

Rick

He had post secondary credits from when he was in juniors, and he's taken a few summer classes when he's been in GF anyway...I think it is a good achievement, but I don't think it has affected his play...I don't think he's taking 7 classes a semester or anything

He had post secondary credits from when he was in juniors, and he's taken a few summer classes when he's been in GF anyway...I think it is a good achievement, but I don't think it has affected his play...I don't think he's taking 7 classes a semester or anything

Something has. Like I said elseThread, you don't make a drop in performance like he has without something affecting him.