SiouxSports.com Forum

Name that Line

PCM

Keep it simple.  I would say something like the "BP Line" or I like the "Century Line" to.

I have already mentioned BMP (Bochenski, Murray Parise). Simple to the point. I still think money line is pretty cool, not because of the counterfitting but money as in clutch.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the poll thread, I suggested "'Ski Patrol," y'know, for Bo-chen-SKI. But I do like the 7-11, open all night theme. I agree that "Brady Bunch" is too wussie-sounding. Just hope the Ralph doesn't decide to sell the "naming rights" to one of its corporate sponsors. We could wind up with the "Cloverdale Bringin' Home the Bacon Line," which, by the way, is STILL better than "Brady Bunch"!

Just hope the Ralph doesn't decide to sell the "naming rights" to one of its corporate sponsors. We could wind up with the "Cloverdale Bringin' Home the Bacon Line," which, by the way, is STILL better than "Brady Bunch"!

Or the BK Whopper Line. ;):)

This shows that you never let the media make up slogans for anything. ;):)

Hey, I didn't say it was a good name. I was agreeing with YaneA that it's a name we'd rather avoid.

Here are a few more possibilities:

Assembly Line

I'm surprised the defense (well at least a part of it) hasn't been tagged:

The Matt Pack.

I can see the poster now: Jones, Smaby, Greene standing on a blueline with menacing glares and nasty smirks. The caption would have to be the title of an old Sinatra or Dean Martin or Sammy Davis tune.

Maybe: "Ring-a-Ding Ding" .... your bell.

Who'd have believed that Matt Jones could be the smallest guy in any photo. :)

So I asked a friend (who's only been to a handful of games) to come up with some catchy names -- well, the ones offered are funny, but not necessarily ones to use:

Looney Line (all 3 from MN and the Loon is the state symbol and 'cause they score/rack up points crazily against other teams)

The BusyBee Line (as in B(randon) Z(ach) B(rady) BZB)

The Royal Line (obviously Brady is the prince since he's the son of a King and well, the other two are similar to your favorite European royals, that while loveable, can run amuck of the law) :)

I think the assembly line, putting points together is great.

I agree that the Brady Bunch shouldn't catch on, if it already hasn't. The line shouldn't be named after one player. They all work hard. How about Life Line? Adding life to our team and fans with each goal.

I still like The Money Line. We can start calling all 3 of them "Money" -- so as to not single out Bochenski. Then, we could shorten "Money" up to "M" and refer to them collectively as "Triple M" (ala "Triple H"), M^3, "MMM, MMM Good!" or my favorite: Emineminem. :) (I know, I know -- no need to go that far. Just having fun. The Money Line is good enough by itself!!)

Too few suggestions comin' out of left field, so I'll lob a few in from F7 territory:

I've noticed that there's quite a few good conservatives posting on this site, so you may appreciate where I got this first one:

1) "It's Open Line Friday!" (from R.L.'s show) or just OLF. Of course it would have to change to "Open Line Saturday!" the next night, but the cartoon bubble in my head pictures Hennessy screaming the phrase in the 2004 NCAA Championship game against [insert team here].

2) Or someone much more clever than myself could come up with an actual Sioux language phrase to name the line. For instance, part of the Sioux word for "Eleven" is AKEWAZI. Kind of a mouthful, but I'm sure there's better. Anyway, here's a link for those who are both clever and intrigued by the idea:

http://www.nativeweb.org/hosted/language/L...translation.htm

3) Or my final suggestion is to simply ask Ed Schultz come up with a name :)

It's so easy and we've all missed it.

I have many friends who "draft" their own football teams and "play" them in leagues throughout the NFL season. They try to pick the best of the best for their team and put them together.

Those are called "fantasy" leagues.

If you were picking from college hockey to form your team who would you want on your first line?

Parise, Bochenski, Murray.

And to note their speed down the ice, don't call them a "line," call them

The Fantasy Draft

They'd get special intro music for games that they start:

The intro to the old Aldo Nova tune "Fantasy"

OK, from the left field department, how about the Abracadabra Line, because they are like magicians with the puck. The Steve Miller band song is a pretty obvious theme and you could have a fan group dress like magicians, complete with top hats, ready to be thrown on the ice when one of them gets a hat trick.

OK, from the left field department, how about the Abracadabra Line, because they are like magicians with the puck. The Steve Miller band song is a pretty obvious theme and you could have a fan group dress like magicians, complete with top hats, ready to be thrown on the ice when one of them gets a hat trick.

No for the sole reason that the Steve Miller song and video are horrible. ;) And I don't wanna see anyone dressed up as magicians. They would be taunted mecilessly by the students. :)

First he admits to watching Chicago and now this. It's time to start a rumor that the Sicatoka has been abducted by aliens. ;)

Yeah, but they've got a great wireless, broadband connection. :)

"Fantasy" has a couple of .... messages. I wouldn't call either really 'hidden.' :)

So forget all that you see,

It's not reality,

It's just a fantasy.