SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SCSU

AZSIOUX

Old Time & Hrkac you forgot ................. Excuse #6 Our conditioning is not as good as the other team therefore we can't finish the job late in Saturday games! :angry:

Last six games:

shots:

12-7

16-7

10-10

15-10

13-18

14-12

goals:

1-0

3-2

3-1

0-1

2-1

1-1

ahhh.....can you clarify your stats? is this the last 6 Saturday 3rd periods?

Sorry, I was busy. That's the last six games played, in order. In the Friday WI game, UND outshot WI 12-7 in the third period and outscored them 1-0. In the Saturday Notre Dame game, UND outshot them 14-12 and tied them 1-1 in goals. In each of the last three weekends, UND outshot the opponent by larger margins in Saturday's third period than Friday's third period. There's nothing conclusive here, but I have felt that UND is a better third-period team this year than in recent years.

Sorry, I was busy. That's the last six games played, in order. In the Friday WI game, UND outshot WI 12-7 in the third period and outscored them 1-0. In the Saturday Notre Dame game, UND outshot them 14-12 and tied them 1-1 in goals. In each of the last three weekends, UND outshot the opponent by larger margins in Saturday's third period than Friday's third period. There's nothing conclusive here, but I have felt that UND is a better third-period team this year than in recent years.

Our stats for the last 6 Saturday Games ..........

Opponent / 3rd period/ Final

ND/ Leading/ Tied

UNO/ Tied/ Lost

Wisc/ Leading/ Win

Duluth/ Tied/ Lost

Denver/ Behind/ Lost shutout

Maine/ Behind/ Lost

These don't look like very impressive 3rd period stats to me.

1 win .......... given up the lead 3 times ........... no come from behind wins.

All I was saying is the boys need to finish much better than they have especially in 3 out of the last 4 Saturday Nights.

Go Sioux!

Our stats for the last 6 Saturday Games ..........

Opponent / 3rd period/ Final

ND/ Leading/ Tied

UNO/ Tied/ Lost

Wisc/ Leading/ Win

Duluth/ Tied/ Lost

Denver/ Behind/ Lost shutout

Maine/ Behind/ Lost

These don't look like very impressive 3rd period stats to me.

1 win .......... given up the lead 3 times ........... no come from behind wins.

All I was saying is the boys need to finish much better than they have especially in 3 out of the last 4 Saturday Nights.

Go Sioux!

Exactly, Greico.

The one thing that bothers me...... I've watched all those games in person, tv, or webcast and I thought the Sioux were the better team in every game except Maine.

We are a much better team with Gregoire and Hexy in the lineup, however, we have guys who can step up...

I'd put the following lines together:

Knight with Kristo and Rodwell

Malone with Trupp and Frattin

Nelson with Cichy and Rowney

Lammy with Davidson and Bruno

I do hope that Gregoire can play...

We are a much better team with Gregoire and Hexy in the lineup, however, we have guys who can step up...

I'd put the following lines together:

Knight with Kristo and Rodwell

Malone with Trupp and Frattin

Nelson with Cichy and Rowney

Lammy with Davidson and Bruno

I do hope that Gregoire can play...

If we are short Messers Gregoire and Hextall the following lines may be more advantageous:

Trupp <> Malone <> Frattin

Kristo <> Knight <> Genoway

Cichy <> Nelson <> Rodwell

Rowney <> Lameroux <> Bruneteau (or Gleason)

which gives us a d corps of

Blood - Forbort

Lapoint - Marto

MacWilliam - Simpson

Moving Chay up to forward opens more options 5x5, imho.

If we are short Messers Gregoire and Hextall the following lines may be more advantageous:

Trupp <> Malone <> Frattin

Kristo <> Knight <> Genoway

Cichy <> Nelson <> Rodwell

Rowney <> Lameroux <> Bruneteau (or Gleason)

which gives us a d corps of

Blood - Forbort

Lapoint - Marto

MacWilliam - Simpson

Moving Chay up to forward opens more options 5x5, imho.

Which is NOT happening. EVER.

Which is NOT happening. EVER.

;-)

It may well not. But it's fun to dream. Nice thing about this team is the depth. There are a number of line options even with two key players set aside.

Hopefully Hextall will mend quickly and completely, and Gregoire is able to play.

What's funny is Chay Genoway plays defense for the Sioux like a typical B*ston C*llege forward. Fast and aggressive with a scoring mentality, but can still play defense.

I don't know why people are so anti-Genoway forward. He hasn't played great defense this year, and his offensive numbers haven't been spectacular by any means. Why not give him a chance to go to town with the puck down low. He's great at finding open areas and getting shots off quick and accurate.

Imagine these five guys on the ice at the same time:

Knight centering Frattin and Genoway with Forbort and Blood on the blue line. That's a great combo of three scorers (who all do it in their own way, and can play defense), along with two defensemen who can move the puck and play pretty good defense. Everyone knows how good Chay can maneuver through opponents to get the puck up ice. However, he always ends up running out of space eventually, even if he beats a couple guys. Now, put him at a forward position. Picture Forbort making a good outlet pass, and then Chay only has a guy or two (which he does regularly anyways), and getting off a higher quality shot than we would have. Also, Chay can stay aggressive and his turnovers are less costly because there are always two guys (the defensemen) to back him up.

We have the depth at defense to do it, so why not take Genoway and showcase his scoring abilities even more by getting him more opportunities with the puck.

And yes, I know it will never happen, so you don't have to tell me.

What's funny is Chay Genoway plays defense for the Sioux like a typical B*ston C*llege forward. Fast and aggressive with a scoring mentality, but can still play defense.

I don't know why people are so anti-Genoway forward. He hasn't played great defense this year, and his offensive numbers haven't been spectacular by any means. Why not give him a chance to go to town with the puck down low. He's great at finding open areas and getting shots off quick and accurate.

Knight centering Frattin and Genoway with Forbort and Blood on the blue line. That's a great combo of three scorers (who all do it in their own way, and can play defense), along with two defensemen who can move the puck and play pretty good defense. Everyone knows how good Chay can maneuver through opponents to get the puck up ice. However, he always ends up running out of space eventually, even if he beats a couple guys. Now, put him at a forward position. Picture Forbort making a good outlet pass, and then Chay only has a guy or two (which he does regularly anyways), and getting off a higher quality shot than we would have. Also, Chay can stay aggressive and his turnovers are less costly because there are always two guys (the defensemen) to back him up.

We have the depth at defense to do it, so why not take Genoway and showcase his scoring abilities even more by getting him more opportunities with the puck.

I''m not negative about it. I just know it's not going to happen so there's no point in giving it any considerationn (in my head) :D

I like it, especially considering the depth we have at D when everybody is healthy. And I also agree that it will never happen.

Weekend Preview: UND vs. St. Cloud State

Discuss. :)

Oh, and please join us for the SiouxSports.com pre-game social tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. at Southgate Grill and Bar in Grand Forks. Great fun and fabulous door prizes!

Dave

Dunn has roughly 90 saves in his last 2 starts vs. UND and the way UND shots the puck, Dunn might need a new jersey by middle of the 2nd period Sat. night!