SiouxSports.com Forum

FIGHTING SIOUX @ UNO - Saturday

AZSIOUX

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

This should be a barnburner. Come out flyin' and get that first goal. Although that strategy didn't work so well for the Mavs last night, did it? I keep hoping that this year's Sioux will develop into the kinda team they were in the late 90s. Come back kids. A four-goal lead by (for sake of example let's say, the visiting Gophers) was not safe from our guys. They OWNED the third, ground down their opponents, had legs of aerodynamic kevlar or something. Best conditioned team on the ice. That's the way I remember it, anyway.

Don't think the Mavs are about to roll over and present oysters for castration tonight but, once we get them down, let's keep them there.

I cannot wait.

Honestly, I don't know what Blais would have been so upset about (with the exception of hextall throwing elbows at guys on the bench, occasionally). Not everything was called, but they were fairly consistent with what constituted a penalty in regards to both teams.

Apparently Blais gave Campion an earful at the end of the game. Hopefully the intimidation of incompetent WCHA officials doesn't translate into a bunch of phantom calls against the Sioux tonight but it won't surprise me one bit.

There has been a trend building in that direction.

So far, UND has gotten screwed one night and then benefitted from crappy officiating the next.

I'd expect Campion to blow goats tonight but this time it would work in UNO's favor.

That being said, from my seats in Section 123 last night, we were much better short handed and 4 on 4 than we were 5 on 4 or even 5 on 5 for most of the game.

If this team learns to bring it every night, they'll be a serious contender for the National Championship. Tonight is where we start the process - we need to be ready, because Blais will have Omaha ready.

Looking back to last night, there was just a 2 minute stretch where UNO coasted and it cost them the game. I HIGHLY doubt UNO will coast like that tonight.

UNO is a massively underrated team that is impressively talented. In other words, they're a great team no one knows about (except for their coaching).

Very typical Blais team. Fast and skilled up front, big and strong on D.

Sustr is 6'8" tall. He's a monster...

And the UND faithful would hate him because he's a positional defender. He doesn't go for the big hit.

And Frattin gives UNO fits right now.

I just hope tonight we can come out fundamentally sound. Last night we couldn't pass for half the game if our lives depended on it.

UNO is a massively underrated team that is impressively talented. In other words, they're a great team no one knows about (except for their coaching).

Interesting because TH said on air last night he wasn't real impressed with UNO and that he thought they would of had more skill than what he was seeing.

Apparently Blais gave Campion an earful at the end of the game. Hopefully the intimidation of incompetent WCHA officials doesn't translate into a bunch of phantom calls against the Sioux tonight but it won't surprise me one bit.

That only works in Denver. :wink: