SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Mussman

darell1976

I have a couple of friends, both hard core, long time Bison football fans who spent the last 2 regular seasons telling me why Craig Bohl should be fired......over and over. Now they seem to think pretty highly of him. I think what has been a big plus for 'SU is the continuity of staff and the long time strength of it's D2 program. The move into FCS prominence has been a fairly methodical, ongoing process. But, I think it was a result of a good football school patiently standing by a good football man and letting him continue to build the program through the transition years and beyond. The same thing will pay similar benefits for the Sioux over the next few years. I see the Sioux sticking with Mussman and building through recruiting and conference affiliation, into as strong an FCS program as we were a dominant D2 program. I'm willing to believe it will happen under Mussman, just like what we're seeing in Fargo right now.

What has Mussman shown that gives you the slightest indication he can lead us to the promised land? I saw a lot of things I didn't like this season, and not much I did.

Matt-

You are right on the coaches. Casey Bradley was probably the most popular and he is out of here. 90% of Bison fans have been overly critical of Bohl/Vigen and an absolutely vanilla offense. You can put that on the O. Coordinator, Head Coach and the fact that neither QB really established itself for whatever reason due to talent or injury. The passing game or lackthereof this season has been attrocious.

Just saw your signature and wanted to note....I am a season ticket holder but I'm not a kool-aid drinker. I will tell you though that the 12,000 fans at the FargoDome were loud as hell. My family has had season tickets since 2004 and the Robert Morris game was probably the 2nd most rowdy game I've seen....right up there with Sam Houston State (Rhett Bohmar can't remember season) and SDSU in 2006. Sorry a little off base, just wanted to point that out.

I think Mussman will be alright in the long run for UND. Keeping Dale Lennon would've been massive but that has obviously passed. When the Bison were in the transition and now that UND is....I always hated that waiting period. I can understand it if you play down....schools opting up I don't get it. Whatever.

Matt-

You are right on the coaches. Casey Bradley was probably the most popular and he is out of here. 90% of Bison fans have been overly critical of Bohl/Vigen and an absolutely vanilla offense. You can put that on the O. Coordinator, Head Coach and the fact that neither QB really established itself for whatever reason due to talent or injury. The passing game or lackthereof this season has been attrocious.

Just saw your signature and wanted to note....I am a season ticket holder but I'm not a kool-aid drinker. I will tell you though that the 12,000 fans at the FargoDome were loud as hell. My family has had season tickets since 2004 and the Robert Morris game was probably the 2nd most rowdy game I've seen....right up there with Sam Houston State (Rhett Bohmar can't remember season) and SDSU in 2006. Sorry a little off base, just wanted to point that out.

I think Mussman will be alright in the long run for UND. Keeping Dale Lennon would've been massive but that has obviously passed. When the Bison were in the transition and now that UND is....I always hated that waiting period. I can understand it if you play down....schools opting up I don't get it. Whatever.

I went to the game. It was louder than the avg reg season game. The humor is the "imagine if there were 7,000 more people there" bit. What stadium, arena, rink, ballpark, etc., anywhere couldn't we "imagine" a better atmosphere when sold out rather than missing 20% or so of its fans? It's a captain obvious statement.

I went to the game. It was louder than the avg reg season game. The humor is the "imagine if there were 7,000 more people there" bit. What stadium, arena, rink, ballpark, etc., anywhere couldn't we "imagine" a better atmosphere when sold out rather than missing 20% or so of its fans? It's a captain obvious statement.

My math says they were missing 36.8% of their fans.

7000/19000.

My math says they were missing 36.8% of their fans.

7000/19000.

I "imagine" that would have been awsome if that other 36.8% would have gone to the game. While we are at it, imagine if the NIU game would have been a 'w'. Would Kill be the gopher coach today?

I gotcha...7000 more would've been loud be they obviously weeded out the corpies and half assed fans for that game. I had more fun at that one than any the past two years and I think a majority of the crowd did as well. Didn't mean to derail the thread into a pissing match....back to Coach Muss.

So you like math? Missing fans or just no fans?

2010 UND home games 37.30% missing

Last UND Playoff game 60.97% missing :lol:

I love how you guys talk about our attendance when your's is so bad.

The difference is that NDSU spends a lot of time bragging about their attendance for football and then when they finally get a home playoff game they have 7000 empty seats. We know we have empty seats at football games so it isn't a surprise. NDSU had to have been crushed when they looked at the number of empty seats at the Fargodome for their playoff game. When UND gets out of transition and possibly making the playoffs in FCS hopefully the Alerus will have a nice crowd.

Continuity of staff? They have lost many key assistants. One one the more prominent reasons I have read regarding ndsu's lackluster performance in the mvfc post transition is the program's inability to keep key assistants from moving to FBS. Vigen has been the mainstay and he has been a small step above Brewster over at bville. What continuity are you referring to?

Bohl in his 8th year (second stint) OC Vigen in his 13th year ( plus as a player) DC Hazelton in his 4th year. Pretty fair continuity at the key positions if you ask me. Plus, look at the experience of many of the assistants. You're always going to have turnover in the coaching ranks of successful programs. Coaches and administrators know that, and good teams that can limit that turnover are often much more successful. That's why I agree you'll see Mussman as UND's coach for the foreseeable future.

• 2 weeks later...