SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ South Dakota

bincitysioux

Lets also not forget USD lost to a heck of a team in NDSU, which just moved up to 13th in the Coaches Poll this week and the computer ranks have them at 7th in the country!

I hope I am wrong but I believe USD has a 60% chance to win this game with the most likely score of 31-28, especially since USD is at home. ;)

The old days D2 days of dominating are over. Theres a lot of parity now.

Just remember that that close loss, which UND could have won on the last play, was to a team that thoroughly dismantled the Gophers last week. I hate comparative scoring, but that makes me think that UND would have just as good a shot to beat the Gophers as the Yotes did. I'm not saying that they would have, or it was not a huge win for USD, but I think using those two games as a barometer that this should be a close game.

Comparative scores are a horrible indicator.... especially when teams are playing "up" or "down".

Due to the amount of FBS/DII/NAIA/DIII/FCS non-scholly type matchups it takes FCS 6 or 7 games (IMHO) before you can get a read on things

By playing the comparative score game SDSU would be better than Idaho.... which could be bad news for UND.

Comparative scores are a horrible indicator.... especially when teams are playing "up" or "down".

Due to the amount of FBS/DII/NAIA/DIII/FCS non-scholly type matchups it takes FCS 6 or 7 games (IMHO) before you can get a read on things

By playing the comparative score game SDSU would be better than Idaho.... which could be bad news for UND.

Of course, we could simply scrap the comparative score analysis altogether, and instead rely on the "UND-has-a-hex-on-Meierkort-just-like-Behrns-had-a-hex-on-UND" theory as the primary basis for predicting a UND win. ;)

USD at home. Former DC for USF Chuck Morrell was able to stop the Sioux with lesser athletes last season....so they plug the run an the Sioux makes mistakes in the passing game..while the USD offense gets points early and make the Sioux play chase on the road..

USD 30

UND 17

USD at home. Former DC for USF Chuck Morrell was able to stop the Sioux with lesser athletes last season....so they plug the run an the Sioux makes mistakes in the passing game..while the USD offense gets points early and make the Sioux play chase on the road..

USD 30

UND 17

You have to admit, although Morrell will probably get the USD defense to a higher level in the coming years, they haven't looked very good so far. USD doesn't stop the run well, and Hardin's presence makes putting eight in the box risky. UND may lose, but I see a lot of points being scored on both sides.

With a healthy Sutton, I was going to say the Sioux by 10 points. Without Sutton, I'll say 31-28 Sioux.

That 1-2 punch is nice to have. Hopefully Miller can contribute like he did in the Northeastern State game.

Go SIOUX!!

I really hope I'm wrong, but with each passing week I'm afraid this may turn out to be a season-ending situation, similar to Genoway last year... :sad:

IF Sutton does miss the rest of the season, is there any opportunity for a Medical Redshirt? Being he's only played in 2 games this year.

..in the little bit that I've followed the Sioux, it seems like Sutton is always hurt..like it's expected.

As for the Morrell USD defense....they haven't played all that well so far, but they did shutdown the Gophers running game and force the pass. With Morrell having gameplanned well for the Sioux just last year, he will be familar with the Sioux and how to thwart them. However, Bamba was a big part of the gameplan last year and I watched the Sioux game the other day (midco cable) and they didn't mention anything about Bamba not being there. In an effort not to hi-jack this thread about Bamba....92,96 can you PM me what's the deal with him..I assume suspended for the year or something. He's was kinda a difference maker..

Bamba is gone and won't be back. At the beginning of the season, everyone wondered who was going to be the deep threat. Hardin has made people forget about Bamba.

Added to the mix is the recent passing connection between the big arm of quarterback senior Jake Landry (Grand Forks, N.D.) and wide receiver Greg Hardin (RFr., Bellevue, Neb.). The two have combined for 348 yards on 11 catches the last two weeks.

Notes and quotes: One goal for Saturday

..in the little bit that I've followed the Sioux, it seems like Sutton is always hurt..like it's expected.

As for the Morrell USD defense....they haven't played all that well so far, but they did shutdown the Gophers running game and force the pass. With Morrell having gameplanned well for the Sioux just last year, he will be familar with the Sioux and how to thwart them. However, Bamba was a big part of the gameplan last year and I watched the Sioux game the other day (midco cable) and they didn't mention anything about Bamba not being there. In an effort not to hi-jack this thread about Bamba....92,96 can you PM me what's the deal with him..I assume suspended for the year or something. He's was kinda a difference maker..

I think I'd be a little more of a believer in the USD defense had they not given up so many more rushing yards against NDSU than the Bison had managed against anybody else this year. If the Sioux can avoid turnovers, I think there's enough firepower to do some serious damage tomorrow. Murray has done it before in Vermillion, and Hardin has been unbelievable so far.

Bamba is gone and won't be back. At the beginning of the season, everyone wondered who was going to be the deep threat. Hardin has made people forget about Bamba.

Notes and quotes: One goal for Saturday

Bamba scored five touchdowns all of last year. Hardin has six through four games, and is well on his way to far exceeding Bamba's receiving yardage total from last season. Not that it wouldn't be nice to have somebody to take some of the pressure off Hardin like Bamba would have, but yes, Hardin has essentially made people forget Bamba.

I saw that Bamba got off to a decent start last year, and then seemed like more of a deep THREAT than anything (from the games I saw).

I did see your new WR (from NE if I recall right) had a huge game in the one I was watching..but I couldn't tell if it was also due to the opponent.

I could see Jake hitting your new target against USD, but not in the frequency that he's been recently.

I was just asking about Bamba because I remember how USF gameplanned around him last year a fair amount, due to his gamebreaking abilities..

Sioux by 14.

USD's d-line pretty much quit last week against the Bison and the secondary hasn't been impressive this year.

UND's young team may start out a little slow but the defense will keep them in it until the offense gets rolling.

USD looked harder to stop than in the past with their very speedy QB..and the downfield targets he's got. Kinda figured Chuck Morrell would be able to keep the Sioux in-check. Once his guys fully learn his system, that defense will only get better in the years to come.

The Yotes used their TE much like USF did last year against the Sioux..gobbling yards.

Looks like the Yotes could be a pretty tough team in their building this year. (keep in mind, I'm a Sioux Falls person..not a USD person)

Good luck the rest of the year Sioux fans. See you guys next season when we come up there again.