SiouxSports.com Forum

Team North Dakota

Bill Kiefer

Please check it out, it is a work in progress but efforts continue!

www.teamnorthdakota.com

Thanks for your interest!

Your site talks about "cost-cutting measures" by combining the two schools....then you talk about renovating Hillsboro's airport and building a 50,000 seat stadium with a retractable roof. You are a regular comedian...I hope I didn't have to pay to read these jokes.

• Upvote 1

Your site talks about "cost-cutting measures" by combining the two schools....then you talk about renovating Hillsboro's airport and building a 50,000 seat stadium with a retractable roof. You are a regular comedian...I hope I didn't have to pay to read these jokes.

There is a very strong economic link between eliminating inefficiency and expenditures that promote growth, visionary thinking for the future, and economic development. Before you jump to any conclusions please consider that concept.

Please check it out, it is a work in progress but efforts continue!

www.teamnorthdakota.com

Thanks for your interest!

Nice try but you are eliminating the best part of having the two schools: The Rivalry!!! Although right now its down it will be back. People are not going to back a 50000 seat stadium in Hillsboro. none of this makes any sense. Im glad your thinking to better the state, but lets try to be real.

There is a very strong economic link between eliminating inefficiency and expenditures that promote growth, visionary thinking for the future, and economic development. Before you jump to any conclusions please consider that concept.

This has got to be one of the most delusional thoughts I've ever read:

Now, I realize that eventually we need conference affiliation but wouldn

This has got to be one of the most delusional thoughts I've ever read:

Why don't you run this by the Big Ten office? Check with Commissioner Delaney. I'm sure he want's a good laugh now and then. BTW, Nebraska is the 12th member. Rutgers, Maryland and Syracuse are rumored to be next. Perhaps if the North Dakota interlocking logo could somehow dupe the Big Ten Presidents into really believing their vote was for someone else, we could get in. :lol:

BTW, you really need to remove references to any Dr. Joe Chapman, as the rest of the state does not worship at his feet and actually recognizes that he brought infamy to NDSU.

Actually the Big Ten is on our list of items, that one of our grass roots group sub-committees is dealing with as we speak. We have already received preliminary feedback from the NCAA that combining schools is out of their jurisdiction. None of this will happen overnight or come easy, but that is all part of the challenge. As for Joe Chapman, much was accomplished during his tenure, but alas he to is just a human being like all of us and subject to human error and mistakes. 16, I believe, is a long term magic number for the Big Ten(16). Two eight team divisions,of which collectively (UND/NDSU) could be a part of is our goal and it is a goal shared by others as well.

What does North Dakota bring to the Big Ten's table? It fits in geographically, but that's also the problem. The Big Ten wants to expand into new money-making markets, hence the reason they are considering the east coast with schools like Rutgers. Nebraska still has a national following, hence their addition. North Dakota would very little to add to the Big Ten's wallet, so there is little to no chance a UND/NDSU merger would even be considered. There are more people in many metro areas the Big Ten would like to expand into than there are in the entire state of North Dakota.

It would be cool, but I'm still in reality unlike a limited few people smoking the illegal stuff.

What does North Dakota bring to the Big Ten's table? It fits in geographically, but that's also the problem. The Big Ten wants to expand into new money-making markets, hence the reason they are considering the east coast with schools like Rutgers. Nebraska still has a national following, hence their addition. North Dakota would very little to add to the Big Ten's wallet, so there is little to no chance a UND/NDSU merger would even be considered. There are more people in many metro areas the Big Ten would like to expand into than there are in the entire state of North Dakota.

It would be cool, but I'm still in reality unlike a limited few people smoking the illegal stuff.

I believe you are selling our Great State, our combined alumni bases, and our pioneer ingenuity way to cheaply. In my travels across this Great Country, I have yet to see where we don't measure up and then some!

why not just build one big city in the RRV - yeah that would work :silly:

Why do we have interstate highways, energy pipelines, electric transmission lines, fiber optic cable, inter-community phone lines, mail service among many others joint services if we weren't meant to find common ground for the benefit of our communities. Our idea just takes all of that to a new level, but as I have said before everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I respect your right to be sarcastic and negative I just don't choose to be that way!

Why do we have interstate highways, energy pipelines, electric transmission lines, fiber optic cable, inter-community phone lines, mail service among many others joint services if we weren't meant to find common ground for the benefit of our communities. Our idea just takes all of that to a new level, but as I have said before everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I respect your right to be sarcastic and negative I just don't choose to be that way!

I would like to know what the respective athletic fundraising groups have to say about a merger of the two schools. Can't imagine the Teammakers like the idea!

You should really proof read all of your content on your website. Poor grammar can really cheapen a well thought out message.

We are just average people with an above average desire to make our Great State better. If you have noticed a mistake or poor grammar point it out. We may not be smart enough to figure it out for ourselves..

• Downvote 1

I recommend that you travel south and see if you can't merge ...

Clemson and South Carolina

Auburn and Alabama

Mississippi and Mississippi State

North Carolina and North Carolina State

Heck, why not even just go for ...

Kansas and Kansas State

Iowa and Iowa State.

Colorado has money issues. Tell them to merge Colorado and Colorado State whilest you are at it.

Like I said before, this smells of the Shelbyville monorail (reference: The Simpsons).

I recommend that you travel south and see if you can't merge ...

Clemson and South Carolina

Auburn and Alabama

Mississippi and Mississippi State

North Carolina and North Carolina State

Heck, why not even just go for ...

Kansas and Kansas State

Iowa and Iowa State.

Colorado has money issues. Tell them to merge Colorado and Colorado State whilest you are at it.

Like I said before, this smells of the Shelbyville monorail (reference: The Simpsons).

I will leave that up you to you, whatever your real name is, we have plenty to accomplish right here in Good 'ol North Dakota.

• Downvote 1

With a big crystal dome over it. And maybe a high-speed, underground train so students from Fargo can commute to CAS in time for 8:00 classes. :silly::lol:

Can you imagine the cost to build one of those things? Holy Cow! Pretty sure that suggestion wouldn't be very popular with the residents of North Dakota. :lol: