SiouxSports.com Forum

New Sioux Hockey TV Show

star2city

The show will also air weekly on Fox College Sports on Thursdays at 9:30 p.m., Fridays at 1:30 a.m. and Saturdays at 12:30 a.m.

Great news there now I who have Directv can watch. Boy UND is sure exposing themselves to the country with FCS!

Good deal! I think Tim Hennessy will do a great job with this show and I wouldn't mind an appearance or two by Virg Foss. It's nice to see that it will air nationally as well.

So, the way I read it, it won't be on another cable provider like Polar even though the games are on that system. Is that correct?

This was long overdue considering how popular the hockey program has been. They've had basketball and football shows every year for years, but there was a void for those who want a little more Fighting Sioux hockey coverage.

The show is being produced by the UND Television Center, which means it will be an outstanding program in terms of quality. I got to see a few of the stories they've been working on and it should be an interesting show; both for fans of Sioux hockey and anyone else who happens to tune in. It will be a great thing for gaining positive exposure for the hockey program and UND.

I'm not really sure that anything other than live game broadcasts make it onto the DirecTV version of Fox College Sports.

Also have not been able to get an answer to, or decipher, whether this will be uplinked to satellite for those with a system; assume it will be?

As far as FCS goes, the article states:

The show will also air weekly on Fox College Sports on Thursdays at 9:30 p.m., Fridays at 1:30 a.m. and Saturdays at 12:30 a.m.

Not 30 minutes prior to game time as on Midco, but on FCS nevertheless,

So, the way I read it, it won't be on another cable provider like Polar even though the games are on that system. Is that correct?

Would seem to be accurate, although if it's satellite uplinked, it should be on all cable providers of FSSN.

Wondering if someone in the GF area could call media controller Jami Lunski at 774-4774 and get this settled, since email addresses are no longer given on theralph web site.

While articles on televison never mention satellite, this one, http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=58684&SPID=6405&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=204983705, states the show will be on FSSN.

"Inside Fighting Sioux Hockey," the new men's hockey television show, will air on Midco Sports Network, Fox College Sports and on the Fighting Sioux Sports Network beginning the week of Oct 5.

• 3 months later...

Resurrecting an old thread, but just wanted to state once again how cool it is to be able to watch Sioux sports on FCS. Our cable provider down here just started carrying FCS in the past few weeks and i've been able to watch some Sioux BB and a lot of Sioux hockey. My kids are starting to get hooked on hockey. My wife watched some hockey during the Olympics and now sits down and watches Sioux games. Watching local GF commercials is pretty cool, too.

Whoever was responsible for getting FSSN on FCS deserves major praise.

Resurrecting an old thread, but just wanted to state once again how cool it is to be able to watch Sioux sports on FCS. Our cable provider down here just started carrying FCS in the past few weeks and i've been able to watch some Sioux BB and a lot of Sioux hockey. My kids are starting to get hooked on hockey. My wife watched some hockey during the Olympics and now sits down and watches Sioux games. Watching local GF commercials is pretty cool, too.

Whoever was responsible for getting FSSN on FCS deserves major praise.

Dittos. 10 years ago in D.C. we got to see 1 hockey game a year, at the alumni satellite party. Now it's well over half (when you include road games at schools with their own coverage). It's absolutely changed what it means to be a Sioux fan outside of N.D.