SiouxSports.com Forum

Janet Napolitano to give Commencement Address

GeauxSioux

Keeping politics aside, it is quite noteworthy that UND will have Janet Napolitano, US Secretary of Homeland Security, give the commencement address this spring. With all of the work UND is doing with Unmaned Aerial Vehicles, it wise to bring in someone who may be instrumental in helping UND in that capacity.

Additionally, I know that there is also a push by Conrad to have GFAFB as the home for two squadrons of the MC-12 surveillance aircraft.

Maybe a collaborative effort going on here.

Keeping politics aside, it is quite noteworthy that UND will have Janet Napolitano, US Secretary of Homeland Security, give the commencement address this spring. With all of the work UND is doing with Unmaned Aerial Vehicles, it wise to bring in someone who may be instrumental in helping UND in that capacity.

Additionally, I know that there is also a push by Conrad to have GFAFB as the home for two squadrons of the MC-12 surveillance aircraft.

Maybe a collaborative effort going on here.

Oh Goody!

Just what UND needs on campus, another liberal brain-child to tell us the ways of political correctness. Janet Incompetano will enlighten our graduates with her National Security wisdom! While she is at it, maybe she can shed some light on why the nickname change will be so good for us.

Just what UND needs on campus, another liberal brain-child to tell us the ways of political correctness. Janet Incompetano will enlighten our graduates with her National Security wisdom! While she is at it, maybe she can shed some light on why the nickname change will be so good for us.

Heck, while UND is at it they might as well have Rev. Wright or Farrakhan give the invocation/prayer to kick things off!

This women doesn't have a clue as to the job she's in.

While I disagree with most of her politics, it is good for UND to have a high profile speaker. Napolitano is on the short list for Justice Stevens US Supreme Court seat, which while scary is not any scarier than having a 90+ year old Stevens on the bench.

While in GF she can get a good look at all of the crime coming from the Canadian border :D

In April 2009 Napolitano, trying to defend her plans to thicken US-Canadian border security, claimed incorrectly that September 11 attack perpetrators entered the United States from Canada. Her comments provoked an angry response from the Canadian ambassador, media, and public.

In response to criticism, she later said, "Nonetheless, to the extent that terrorists have come into our country or suspected or known terrorists have entered our country across a border, it's been across the Canadian border. There are real issues there".

As opposed to the moron's under Bush who allowed the worst terroristic attack in our history?

You do realize that DHS was born after the 9/11 terrorist attacks? There wasn't a DHS before 09/11/2001. The Department of Homeland Security was born on November 25th 2002. Swing and a miss there. The fact remains that the current DHS head is in way over head and I would take any of the Bush admin's DHS heads over her. You might want to stick to drooling all over the Gopher hockey team and leave the real issues to the adults.

You do realize that DHS was born after the 9/11 terrorist attacks? There wasn't a DHS before 09/11/2001. The Department of Homeland Security was born on November 25th 2002. Swing and a miss there. The fact remains that the current DHS head is in way over head and I would take any of the Bush admin's DHS heads over her. You might want to stick to drooling all over the Gopher hockey team and leave the real issues to the adults.

I am very aware of when the DHS was started thank you. My point is that Republican's talking about national security is laughable considering who was in power at the time of the worst attack we've seen. Did I mention that Bush received a national security memo in early August 2001 titled "bin Laden determined to strike within U.S.? " Yeah he did a great job of keeping us safe. :D Keep drinking your right wing Hannity BS kool aid and I'll stick to reality.

I am very aware of when the DHS was started thank you. My point is that Republican's talking about national security is laughable considering who was in power at the time of the worst attack we've seen. Did I mention that Bush received a national security memo in early August 2001 titled "bin Laden determined to strike within U.S.? " Yeah he did a great job of keeping us safe. :D Keep drinking your right wing Hannity BS kool aid and I'll stick to reality.

So basically we can blame you for Al Franken getting elected in Minnesota then?

Here's a memo to Obama - The terrorist hate us and are going to strike the US. Think this will help DHS? You can't be that simple can you?

Here's a memo to Obama - The terrorist hate us and are going to strike the US. Think this will help DHS? You can't be that simple can you?

That is the case the terrorist are going to kill us no matter who is charge of the White House. Also, if Michael Moore's fat ass walked down main street in some terrorist haven they are still going to kill him whether he says there is a terrorist threat or not.

If a democrat president received that memo and then a month later we are attacked just as it predicted we would never ever hear the end of it from the likes of Hannity, Limbaugh, and Beck and you can't deny that. The number one priority for a President hands down is to keep the American people safe and Bush failed miserably in that regard.

If a democrat president received that memo and then a month later we are attacked just as it predicted we would never ever hear the end of it from the likes of Hannity, Limbaugh, and Beck and you can't deny that. The number one priority for a President hands down is to keep the American people safe and Bush failed miserably in that regard.

Why was he not shown the door in 2004 if that's the case?

Yep. I ran to the polls to vote for Franken and Obama that day. Now if we could only do something about Bachman.

And Since we have tripled the National Debt and A president apologizing to all the Nations that we are America,While we Disarm our Defenses and have a Healthcare bill that nobody who voted for it even read.... Good Move. Thanks for your vote!