SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruiting

Siouxhockey03

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the breathing techniques were Excellent!..haha..i understand what you mean, and i know ..twin cities teams have been doing it since they have had hockey programs. it seems so much worse because within a 30 mile radius up north..you will find..maybe 2 or 3 high schools..at most..where as in the twin cities..you couild find well over 20 to chose from...so switching seems to be the norm..i dont like the idea of recruiting ONE bit..but i guess i chose to be a little more accepting with warroad..seeing how they have such a rich hockey heritage..and arent a rich high school in the suburbs..

the breathing techniques were Excellent!..haha..i understand what you mean, and i know ..twin cities teams have been doing it since they have had hockey programs. it seems so much worse because within a 30 mile radius up north..you will find..maybe 2 or 3 high schools..at most..where as in the twin cities..you couild find well over 20 to chose from...so switching seems to be the norm..i dont like the idea of recruiting ONE bit..but i guess i chose to be a little more accepting with warroad..seeing how they have such a rich hockey heritage..and arent a rich high school in the suburbs..

Ahhhh, that is where you are wrong my friend. The high school might not be rich, but they don't do the recruiting. Marvin windows is rich and hooks parents up. I hear that Wyatt Smith's mom was given a beauty salon for them to move from TRF.

Ahhhh, that is where you are wrong my friend. The high school might not be rich, but they don't do the recruiting. Marvin windows is rich and hooks parents up. I hear that Wyatt Smith's mom was given a beauty salon for them to move from TRF.

For some good news (so long as your not from EGF) Moorhead beat EGF 12-0, Lee looked amazing. Nice to see a defenseman move the puck like he can. It appears that is where the Sioux are lacking. Blais should make Smaby watch him play, he could learn something. EGF was ranked #10 in class A. To destroy a ranked team like that is amazing. Should be fun watching Moorhead and Warroad back to back in the championship games at the Excel in March. :D

That said EGF has got to be the worst "homer" rink I've ever been to. They said the final saves were 21-14. Anybody watching the would tell you it was more like 50-10. EGF does have a very classy team though, they never played dirty, which is what most teams do when they are down like that. Well coached and good discipline.

This was posted on a Minnesota HS Hockey board to my question regarding which school will land Hardwick....I KNOW THIS MEANS NOTHING(He's just guessing), but I thought it was interesting....

"Well like you said I've heard all 3 schools in the running, I've heard alot of different rumors and all I truely know is that him and Oshie are good friends so I would guess you will see him in the UND colors holding up that blue line"

It looks like the future of Sioux hockey is looking extremely bright.

Does anyone know the goalie situation for the next couple of years?

Phil Lamoureux is coming in next year and I've talked to people that have played against him in the USHL who think he'll take the #1 job next year. The Sioux goaltending should be solid for 4 years!

Phil Lamoureux is coming in next year and I've talked to people that have played against him in the USHL who think he'll take the #1 job next year. The Sioux goaltending should be solid for 4 years!

I would be willing to bet that JPar will get some time in the pipes too.

Should make for some great competition in training camp next season.

Four goalies, all on Scholarship. I have absolutely no idea how Blaiser will deal with that situation, but trust me on this, Lamoureaux will get his time in the net. The kid reminds me a lot of Karl Goehring, yet Lamoureax may be a better goaltender. :D

Four goalies, all on Scholarship. I have absolutely no idea how Blaiser will deal with that situation, but trust me on this, Lamoureaux will get his time in the net. The kid reminds me a lot of Karl Goehring, yet Lamoureax may be a better goaltender. :D

I wouldn't doubt that Phil will get his time in net but I would be willing to bet that both Brandt and probably more so JPar will split time with Lammy. I wouldn't write off Jordan yet, he has had some great moments in net this season. If you look at the stats both goaltenders have played the same number of games. Looking back to last season both goaltenders played about the same number of games too.

It's rather unfortunate, Ziggy is a good goalie, doesn't seem as if Dean wants to give him a chance. He's only played what, 20 mins in maybe 3 games? I guess with how things are going now, Ziggy won't get any games in this season, and next year doesn't look much better, Maybe by his Jr year he'll get to show UND what he is capable of. Should be interesting to watch Ziggy and Phil competing during practices, they spent 2 yrs in Lincoln battling for the top spot, They both drive eachother to be better.

Necessary? :silly:

Necessary? Downright uncalled for.

From all I have read and heard, Sofie was anything but a joke. Wasn't he one of the better athletes on the team? (Or am I mixing him up with someone else?) Nor did we ever hear of any problems or issues with him as a member of the team. He had a role to play, and never made waves that I'm aware of. Came in, did his duty to the best of his ability, and never complained that he wasn't given a chance. He's no Rudy, but it sounds like that was his role.

Necessary? Downright uncalled for.

From all I have read and heard, Sofie was anything but a joke. Wasn't he one of the better athletes on the team? (Or am I mixing him up with someone else?) Nor did we ever hear of any problems or issues with him as a member of the team. He had a role to play, and never made waves that I'm aware of. Came in, did his duty to the best of his ability, and never complained that he wasn't given a chance. He's no Rudy, but it sounds like that was his role.

Sorry. Again, I say the wrong thing. I editted my post and deleted the passage.