SiouxSports.com Forum

2010 Early Departures

stickboy1956

1. Jordon Schroeder - Vancouver

http://canucks.nhl.com/

not suprising, you could read from his play last weekend he was already checked out and the worst part is he was wearing an A for that team. i think he goes down as a okposo type player as in how gopher fans remember him and what he brought to the program. i could be wrong there but ive havent read too many good things about him from gophs fans. heck its probably a relief hes gone to some

he scored 45 points on a bad team last year, this year he has 28 points

story

INCH early departure tracker

the best part of jordan leaving is.....some gopher fans praising jordan for sticking out the 2nd half of the season and not bailing after world juniors :glare:

not suprising, you could read from his play last weekend he was already checked out and the worst part is he was wearing an A for that team. i think he goes down as a okposo type player as in how gopher fans remember him and what he brought to the program. i could be wrong there but ive havent read too many good things about him from gophs fans. heck its probably a relief hes gone to some

he scored 45 points on a bad team last year, this year he has 28 points

story

I forget....was he a sophomore or junior?

I can't blame him, hell if I was him I would have done the same thing. I doubt the Gophers will be righting the ship anytime soon, get out while you can, make some serious cash doing what you love.

Anyone who says, 'No way! I would stay and try to help the program I grew up watching.' is so full of it I bet my computer would smell just from displaying that S***.

It's too much money gauranteed and no parent would let their kid go out for another year, score 13 fewer pts for the second year in a row, and hurt their income potential even more.

Strib Gopher hockey writer is Tweeting that Tony Lucia has signed with San Jose!

He was a senior, so not an early departure. Tony, despite often-times cheap, and as hated as almost anyone from our side of the fence, he's still a decent player. I doubt he'll see the NHL anytime soon, but could develop nicely in the AHL if he works hard.

I'm extremely disappointed with Schroeder this season. I picked the guy at the beginning to be among the candidates for player of the year....instead his buddy Barribal gets hurt and he doesn't do anything the entire season. I couldn't believe that the empty net goal that he scored on UND was only his ninth goal of the season. Probably one of the more talked about recruits coming to the University of Minnesota, and other than his rookie season I would probably call his career a bust.

I agree with a previous poster, it was nice that he only put his whole heart into the world junior tournament, and not into WCHA play. Hey, the USA won gold, and to top it off, the gophers didn't make the final five!

Actually Schroeder was at least #2...

The Wild signed UMASS Sophomore Casey Wellman to a 2-year deal.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-w...p&type=lgns

If it's not WCHA, it doesn't matter :glare:

Didn't realize he was only a soph - quite a story on his progression from CA to the NHL, not the typical development path.

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/87781212....QiU17cQiU47cQUU

I'm extremely disappointed with Schroeder this season. I picked the guy at the beginning to be among the candidates for player of the year....instead his buddy Barribal gets hurt and he doesn't do anything the entire season. I couldn't believe that the empty net goal that he scored on UND was only his ninth goal of the season. Probably one of the more talked about recruits coming to the University of Minnesota, and other than his rookie season I would probably call his career a bust.

I agree with a previous poster, it was nice that he only put his whole heart into the world junior tournament, and not into WCHA play. Hey, the USA won gold, and to top it off, the gophers didn't make the final five!

You are comparing a two years you know. Some may say Soph. Slump. I think no Stoa hurt him.

I suppose you are right....but still....the kid is way too talented to only have 28 points. A lot of gopher fans I know admit that he mailed it in after the world junior tournament.

I guess Minnesota's top line could have been Stoa-Barribal-Schroeder.....that might have put his production up a bit.

On another thread it has been posted that Tony Lucia signed a deal. I can't find any supporting evidence of this. I know he was drafted by the sharks late (like 6th round) and I don't think he was ever part of any trades. I don't see anything on USCHO, INCH, the Sharks site, their Worcester AHL affiliates site or their ECHL afiliates site.

I am not ripping him, and please don't turn this thread into Tony Lucia bashing. I am just looking for corroboration.

I would guess that he will play in the east coast league, but who knows.

On another thread it has been posted that Tony Lucia signed a deal. I can't find any supporting evidence of this. I know he was drafted by the sharks late (like 6th round) and I don't think he was ever part of any trades. I don't see anything on USCHO, INCH, the Sharks site, their Worcester AHL affiliates site or their ECHL afiliates site.

I am not ripping him, and please don't turn this thread into Tony Lucia bashing. I am just looking for corroboration.

I would guess that he will play in the east coast league, but who knows.

Star Tribune article (at the end of the Schroeder story):

Star Tribune