SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Five Hoggsbreath Brunch

MafiaMan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one they always take me to is at 767 Raymond Ave, St. Paul. A bunch more have opened up around the cities and I don't know what the food is like at any of the others. This one is fantastic!! Homemade everything and the portions are huge!! Bacon is thick and crisp, French toast order can feed four, pancake is larger than the plate, eggs are perfect..... It's crowded on the weekends and the decor is very 1960s.

When we got there we found out there's one near our hotel, Hilton Garden Inn, St. Paul. Different cooks make for different experiences but maybe we'll try it next time.

That sounds like me kind of place.

• 11 months later...

Put Hoggsbreath on your calendar for 2011 and don't forget. Just hearing stories from MafiaMan is worth it.

Saturday, March 19th, 2011...sometime before the 7:00 pm title game but AFTER 11:00 am as we have done in years past. Book it, Danno.

Like in, say, 2011? :glare:

Rumor has it...door prizes!

The biggest problem preventing me from going this season is I am going to the Wild Game... I am not sure what time it starts, I am going to try...

The biggest problem preventing me from going this season is I am going to the Wild Game... I am not sure what time it starts, I am going to try...

Ouch. The Wild vs Blue Jackets game on the 19th is at 1:00 pm. If we keep the Hoggsbreath get-together an 11:00 am brunch, you might be able to pull that off. Any later and it's a no-go.

Ouch. The Wild vs Blue Jackets game on the 19th is at 1:00 pm. If we keep the Hoggsbreath get-together an 11:00 am brunch, you might be able to pull that off. Any later and it's a no-go.

How far was the place from the Xcel? I am tempted...

I'm in. Did you say that Al Pearson's bus will be attending? Perhaps I can ride with them. But I'll be there regardless.

I think it would be AWESOME if someone could convince Al's bus to make the trek. If I had advance notice of this, perhaps I could get the Hoggsbreath to put together some sort of late breakfast buffet or something. Someone with connections to Al, make it happen!

How far was the place from the Xcel? I am tempted...

Wasn't able to make it last year, but I"ve been by the Hoggsbreath to and from the X. Really quick and seems short, of course I wasn't driving and may have taken a longer way around if I was driving. Not sure about this year again with family now in Blaine (rather than Shoreview); may have to stick around with the grandkids and miss again.

Wasn't able to make it last year, but I"ve been by the Hoggsbreath to and from the X. Really quick and seems short, of course I wasn't driving and may have taken a longer way around if I was driving. Not sure about this year again with family now in Blaine (rather than Shoreview); may have to stick around with the grandkids and miss again.

The Hoggsbreath is kid-friendly during the daytime and from about 11am to 2pm, it's not all that busy. Kids are welcome!

The Hoggsbreath is kid-friendly during the daytime and from about 11am to 2pm, it's not all that busy. Kids are welcome!

Thanks, asked that last year also but then didn't make it. Can't commit now but hope son and I, at least, can come. Will post here later next week when we're in the TC.

OK, I've decided to keep this at 11 am Saturday morning. Can I please get a guess-timate on attendance. A little thin in the numbers last year...hoping for some more faces this year. As stated earlier, there will be some door prizes this year. Please post if you are attending and the number in your party. I would like to have a list to the Hoggsbreath by Friday morning so they can prepare for our group. Obviously, Saturday mornings aren't usually very busy...

OK, I've decided to keep this at 11 am Saturday morning. Can I please get a guess-timate on attendance. A little thin in the numbers last year...hoping for some more faces this year. As stated earlier, there will be some door prizes this year. Please post if you are attending and the number in your party. I would like to have a list to the Hoggsbreath by Friday morning so they can prepare for our group. Obviously, Saturday mornings aren't usually very busy...

We will be bringing three adults and four kids. Not so much kids anymore, but they will not be able to order the Bloody.

So that's 13 not including my gang. OK, I'll put out the word that we're looking at 15-20. Anyone else?

What do you want on the Hoggsbreath marquee? I'm calling Tom tomorrow and they will have the display up on Saturday morning for us.

So that's 13 not including my gang. OK, I'll put out the word that we're looking at 15-20. Anyone else?

What do you want on the Hoggsbreath marquee? I'm calling Tom tomorrow and they will have the display up on Saturday morning for us.

How about...?

OPEN BAR FOR SIOUX FANS

Add two more for Saturday morning.