SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Five Hoggsbreath Brunch

MafiaMan

Well, it's that time of year again...spring weather, St Patrick's Day, drunken Gopher fans looking forward to their team playing at the X, and the SiouxSports.com get-together on Saturday, March 20th, at the Hoggsbreath. I'm once again taking a head-count for attendance and have been told that Tom and Jossie will put something up on the marquee welcoming Sioux Hockey Fans or SiouxSports.com members. Who's in this year?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's that time of year again...spring weather, St Patrick's Day, drunken Gopher fans looking forward to their team playing at the X, and the SiouxSports.com get-together on Saturday, March 20th, at the Hoggsbreath. I'm once again taking a head-count for attendance and have been told that Tom and Jossie will put something up on the marquee welcoming Sioux Hockey Fans or SiouxSports.com members. Who's in this year?

I'll be there with between 2 and 5 others.

If Mafia Man would swing by the AmericInn and pick my carcass up, I'll go. I think this is the same hotel Al had us staying in before, which MM said was in his neighborhood, but I can text the address when we get there Thursday.

I've never been to the brunch, but I've got the full package for the weekend. If it's ok, I think I'd like to go. I would bring one other person. Where is the Hoggsbreath located?

The Hoggsbreath is located at 2504 Rice Street in Little Canada. It's about 10 minutes north and west of downtown St Paul. Take 35E north out of St Paul to Highway 36 west, exit at Rice Street and go about 1 mile north. It's on your right-hand side. We've typically met there at 11:00 am and left around 1:00 pm, plenty of time to get back to downtown, park, and hit the 3rd place WCHA game. NorthDakotaHockey, Sioux-cia, YaneA, as well as some "lurkers" from the board have come out and we've had as few as 7 or 8 people or as many as 20 chatting about Sioux hockey and sharing stories. Tom promised me last year the name on the Hoggsbreath sign and disappointed me when he got us confused with NDSU basketball fans. He won't let me down this time around.

I do live in the Bloomington area and if YaneA and others are boarding the Al Pearson bus and need a ride, I'd be happy to assist you.

If Mafia Man would swing by the AmericInn and pick my carcass up, I'll go. I think this is the same hotel Al had us staying in before, which MM said was in his neighborhood, but I can text the address when we get there Thursday.

I'd be happy to give you a ride to the Hoggsbreath...provided you shower and clean yourself up a bit before getting into my truck. :glare:

Just teasin'...you know I'm your biggest fan.

I've never been to the brunch, but I've got the full package for the weekend. If it's ok, I think I'd like to go. I would bring one other person. Where is the Hoggsbreath located?

The more the merrier! I just want to give Tom and Jossie a heads-up before-hand because Saturday mornings are usually a bit quiet and I want them to be prepared for our arrival. Thanks!

They have very good taste! :D May be the best breakfast in this town.

That may be, but it isn't the same without the ambiance fellow SiouxSportsters bring.

Put Hoggsbreath on your calendar for 2011 and don't forget. Just hearing stories from MafiaMan is worth it.

Is that a nice place to eat and where is it? :D

The one they always take me to is at 767 Raymond Ave, St. Paul. A bunch more have opened up around the cities and I don't know what the food is like at any of the others. This one is fantastic!! Homemade everything and the portions are huge!! Bacon is thick and crisp, French toast order can feed four, pancake is larger than the plate, eggs are perfect..... It's crowded on the weekends and the decor is very 1960s.

When we got there we found out there's one near our hotel, Hilton Garden Inn, St. Paul. Different cooks make for different experiences but maybe we'll try it next time.