SiouxSports.com Forum

Suspensions and Injurys

yellowknife

I just realized that too, not sure what is really going on with this guy.

On a sad note, Maturi is on with Bareiro on KFAN right now saying John Hill will be back next season as Gopher assistant. Great, more "encouraging" of players. Next season is ALREADY getting off to a bad start. :glare:

This surprises the hell out of me! :ohmy:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a sad note, Maturi is on with Bareiro on KFAN right now saying John Hill will be back next season as Gopher assistant. Great, more "encouraging" of players. Next season is ALREADY getting off to a bad start. :glare:

Is this the same as a vote of confidence (err... kiss of death) given to a head coach?

Does that mean GP is out? Maybe Tony L. will get his job if he moves on... :ohmy:

Can't imagine the U of M not doing something with the coaching staff, if nothing else but to change the momentum.

I feel like that Chelsea Dagger song should be going on right now. They aren't going to replace tDon because any new guy would may want to bring in his own guy. That would be particularly the case if they were going after a highly acclaimed coach with an history of kicking Gopher butt.

Actually the Gophers can only go up, even with the coaching staff. If I were Lucia I'd want Hill gone, but apparently tDon doesn't see it that way. Lucia can coach, but something is wrong with the Gophers the last couple seasons.

Yeah, we're finally getting smart and recruiting outside the borders more. :glare: Hammy said it's pretty much between the Gophers and Michigan Wolverines.

Rumor is that Kangas is going to bolt this off-season. I could have seen Patterson jumping ship too the way Lucia snubbed him this year, not giving him much of a chance of playing and proving himself. Gonna be an interesting off-season if Gopher land with player departures, possible coaching changes.

I suppose Michigan is anxious to get in a quality goalie recruit after Campbell bailed on them.

I never understood the Patterson situation. Lucia talked about that during the pre-season, saying he would split their time more evenly this year, and that never happened (33gp for Kangas, 8gp for Patterson). And it's not like Patterson played poorly or anything like that. Must be frustrating for him.

I suppose Michigan is anxious to get in a quality goalie recruit after Campbell bailed on them.

I never understood the Patterson situation. Lucia talked about that during the pre-season, saying he would split their time more evenly this year, and that never happened (33gp for Kangas, 8gp for Patterson). And it's not like Patterson played poorly or anything like that. Must be frustrating for him.

Even at UND we have seen a coach throw his saddle on his horse and have a real tough time making the change. It's not an easy thing to do, and yes i can totally understand why Patterson would leave.

As a goodwill token, I will help Minnesota subsidize Hill's wages as long they decide to keep him.

Always here to help our friends in need.

Maybe the coach felt that Kangas gave them a better chance to win, I haven't been impressed with Patterson at all. When he was in on Friday I wasn't that impressed his brief appearance. I am glad he is not with the Fighting Sioux.

From Brad's Blog

UND will likely be without defenseman Joe Gleason for Thursday's play-in game. He's listed as day-to-day with an undisclosed injury, but doubtful for Minnesota-Duluth. Gleason, who leads all WCHA rookie defensemen in plus-minus, appeared to be shaken up after blocking a shot on Sunday.

He said for the season and this just says doubtfull for the UMD game.

sucks to not have joe thursday but feinhage gets another chance to step up and fill a role

still good though for most part on his news, just tough to run with anything as we all know. i love it that people post inside info here but on the other hand its tough not to speculate or call them out. thats why i choose to just let it play out instead of jumping on anyone for no sources because if they gave the source up then they wont have it anymore :glare: hope this makes sense for some. this part isnt directed at you goon, just sayin

go sioux, beat those dogz!!

And then there's this from KFAN.com

MOUSE DROPPINGS

BY JONMOUSEMIKKELSON

RATHER FRUSTRATED AFTER

HIS GOPHS WERE BOUNCED

FROM WCHA PLAYOFFS

When talking about no class, I'm not talking about a Bob Huggins-coached basketball team. No Class means UND hockey. Just watch this pathetic team. They do something stupid on the ice, go sit in the penalty box and look up at their bench with that "coach, are you proud of me? Did you see me do that cheap shot? Did I do good, coach?" look on their face. Then the camera shows that smug grin on coach's face. If he's not doing that, he's bitching at the ref on why his player got called for his cheap shot. Hakstol, you probably aren't reading this because I doubt they have internet in Grand Forks, but if you are, how about coaching hockey? Not only are the usual suspects Malone, Hextall, Blood, MacWilliam and Lamoureux auditioning for the movie "Slapshot," now even the non-goons are getting into the act. Matt Frattin. Watch out Duluth Bulldogs Thursday night, you're next.........

On to the Gophers.... The Edina Hornets had multiple Division 1 players in 2008 and 2009..... Didn't win the big one. 2010, no D1 players, they win the championship. They worked hard and had no press clippings to fall back on. Minnetonka this year, 4 D1ers, didn't win. Just because you're drafted (or expected to be drafted high), doesn't mean you can coast around the ice waiting to get paid. 2 years ago, I looked at this team and was worried we'd lose some of these phenoms to the NHL. Schroeder, Hoeffel, Fairchild, Kangas, Ness.... I don't worry about that any more. I'm in the 10% that want Coach Lucia to return, but, From Don to John Hill on down to the players, they all have to look in the mirror and decide if they want to play hard and win, or google themselves on how great they're suppose to be...... Anyway, Go Tubby! Go Bulldogs, wipe that bleep-eatin' grin off the Sioux and their coach!

MOUSE DROPPINGS

BY JONMOUSEMIKKELSON

RATHER FRUSTRATED AFTER

HIS GOPHS WERE BOUNCED

FROM WCHA PLAYOFFS

When talking about no class, I'm not talking about a Bob Huggins-coached basketball team. No Class means UND hockey. Just watch this pathetic team. They do something stupid on the ice, go sit in the penalty box and look up at their bench with that "coach, are you proud of me? Did you see me do that cheap shot? Did I do good, coach?" look on their face. Then the camera shows that smug grin on coach's face. If he's not doing that, he's bitching at the ref on why his player got called for his cheap shot. Hakstol, you probably aren't reading this because I doubt they have internet in Grand Forks, but if you are, how about coaching hockey? Not only are the usual suspects Malone, Hextall, Blood, MacWilliam and Lamoureux auditioning for the movie "Slapshot," now even the non-goons are getting into the act. Matt Frattin. Watch out Duluth Bulldogs Thursday night, you're next.........

On to the Gophers.... The Edina Hornets had multiple Division 1 players in 2008 and 2009..... Didn't win the big one. 2010, no D1 players, they win the championship. They worked hard and had no press clippings to fall back on. Minnetonka this year, 4 D1ers, didn't win. Just because you're drafted (or expected to be drafted high), doesn't mean you can coast around the ice waiting to get paid. 2 years ago, I looked at this team and was worried we'd lose some of these phenoms to the NHL. Schroeder, Hoeffel, Fairchild, Kangas, Ness.... I don't worry about that any more. I'm in the 10% that want Coach Lucia to return, but, From Don to John Hill on down to the players, they all have to look in the mirror and decide if they want to play hard and win, or google themselves on how great they're suppose to be...... Anyway, Go Tubby! Go Bulldogs, wipe that bleep-eatin' grin off the Sioux and their coach!

Jealous much?

MOUSE DROPPINGS

BY JONMOUSEMIKKELSON

RATHER FRUSTRATED AFTER

HIS GOPHS WERE BOUNCED

FROM WCHA PLAYOFFS

Get some counseling punk.

I don't expect anything else from a writer who likely has no hockey knowledge except watching the pretty boy Gophers.

It's just as bad as listening to Sid Harman talk about hockey. He doesn't have a clue.

As a side note: I do enjoy the reminder of last year's Edina team, since it was my Moorhead Spuds who knocked them out in the state quarterfinals :glare:

1. The Sioux, while obviously not having to win a game in St. Paul to advance to the NCAA playoffs, do have something to play for: they stunk up the X last year. Time for some payback.

2. The quote from the Kfan board regarding Edina winning with no DI prospects: the Gophers really might want to take a look at that theory. We all get caught up in landing the "can't miss" prospect. But in spite of losing some of the blue-chippers lately, UND continues to put a great team on the ice, and they are always there in games that count. And I agree the quoted poster needs some long-term therapy.

3. If the Final Five doesn't sell well, I'd say that is more of a reflection of the fair-weather nature of Gopher fans than anything else. That tournament has become the true Mecca for college hockey fans. I hate it that I won't be there this week, but the orthodontist is more important right now. If these Gopher fans are really hockey fans they should be at the X to support the sport regardless if their beloved team isn't there.

And finally,

4. What is the freakin' deal with all the hate wafting northward from the Twin Cities? It is becoming quite pathetic.