SiouxSports.com Forum

Suspensions and Injurys

yellowknife

I feel about exactly the same way. I'll be cheering for them to win on Thursday but maybe just has happy if they lose.

I almost completely agree with this post. I don't think it's a problem to "go after the other guy". That's what you do when you are making a check. I think by definition of the charging and contact to the head rules Frattin is probably getting what he deserves. My point is that I don't think he was head hunting. I don't think it was a dirty hit. I think it was almost a clean hit that went too far. I'm not too upset with the suspension because this was a very close call for the refs and the league to have to make.

Sioux fans clamored all year for huge discipline on Marvin. Now, in a borderline situation our guy gets 1 game and some of us are just as outraged. Can't have it both ways. It's not the same type of infraction, I know that. But the WCHA was in a spot. We can already tell from the outcry in MN that had the WCHA NOT handed down a suspension ever fan and coach who wanted to rip the WCHA had an easy target. It's a borderline call and this time the WCHA chose to at least appear that they wanted to protect the player.

And that's what Sioux fans have been asking for all year.

But they also have set a precedent that if you hit someone like this, you can retaliate with a hit to the head yourself. I guess in the league's eyes that is better than just dropping the gloves.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it will be my first time at the Xcel and the Final Five, I'll have trouble being fine with the Sioux losing Thursday, because, I want to see them on Friday and Saturday also.

I must be from the same mold as you because everytime they put that uniform with the Sioux logo on the front they are representing UND and that means something. This isn't Minnesota.

Here, here! Totally agree with inconsistency being the major problem! Can't even say from week to week, minute to minute is more like it! If there truly is a ZERO TOLERANCE when it comes to hits to the head (in the rule book), then Kangas' stick to Frattin's head, retaliatory or not, should have been a no-brainer. (There should not have been an opinion involved in that one.) Clean house from the top and start over!

Exactly, Kangas should be sitting the first game of next season for hitting Blood and Frattin in the head. and so should Seth Helgeson for his man handling the official.

Since it will be my first time at the Xcel and the Final Five, I'll have trouble being fine with the Sioux losing Thursday, because, I want to see them on Friday and Saturday also.

You picked a good year to go.

Some of the fairweather Gopher fans that attend aren't that best.

IMO the Gopher fans attending this year will be much better...a non-Gopher F5 keeps out the riff-raff. :glare:

You'll love the tourney though, it's one of the things I look forward to all year.

Hope to run into some posters while there!

You picked a good year to go.

Some of the fairweather Gopher fans that attend aren't that best.

IMO the Gopher fans attending this year will be much better...a non-Gopher F5 keeps out the riff-raff. :glare:

You'll love the tourney though, it's one of the things I look forward to all year.

Hope to run into some posters while there!

Tell your AD that when they split up the play-off money

Exactly, Kangas should be sitting the first game of next season for hitting Blood and Frattin in the head. and so should Seth Helgeson for his man handling the official.

Aww c'mon now!! We should be more like goofy fans! A hit face to face is unacceptable. Frattin should miss the rest of the year for that!! A hit to the back of one's head when he is turned away from you is being a 'team player' especially when the rest of your 'team' isn't.....a team. :glare:

By the way, I think Kangas will be sitting out the next season, as a bench warmer for whatever, if any, minor league team that needs a back up goalie.

By the way, I think Kangas will be sitting out the next season, as a bench warmer for whatever, if any, minor league team that needs a back up goalie.

As he watches the game he can stew about how it was the Fighting Sioux from the Ralph Englestad Arena on the campus of the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks, North Dakota that ended his lousy college career.

Tell your AD that when they split up the play-off money

I guess the league is going to have to make an exemption so their money maker can get into the tourney every year.

Word I got was there was still lots of tickets sold even without the goofs in it.

Aww c'mon now!! We should be more like goofy fans! A hit face to face is unacceptable. Frattin should miss the rest of the year for that!! A hit to the back of one's head when he is turned away from you is being a 'team player' especially when the rest of your 'team' isn't.....a team. :glare:

You forgot how Gopher players are really brave when they are swinging at the oppostion while hiding behind the ref.

Funny thing everyone says UND is a bunch of goons but hasn't had a fighting major in three season now.

Did Kangas sign? He was only a junior this year I thought?

I don't know. I was just speculating based on the trend over there in Rodent Land. Given the losing streak the goofs have been experiencing the past few years, like a rat on a sinking ship, I think Kangas may leave before his 'cred' drops any more points.

The rumors earlier this year is that either Kangas or Patterson will bolt due to them bringing in that Canadian goalie recruit this fall.

A Canadian? :glare: NO WAY!! :ohmy::lol:

Last I heard and that was a few weeks ago, the kid hasn't committed anywhere yet. A guy in Ohio was telling me that his team (one of the Michigan teams, I forget which one) was also recruiting him.

Last I heard and that was a few weeks ago, the kid hasn't committed anywhere yet. A guy in Ohio was telling me that his team (one of the Michigan teams, I forget which one) was also recruiting him.

I've heard its down to the U or Michigan. Kangas came to the U as a drafted 20 year old freshman so I dont think the coaches ever expected him to stay four years. Its probably time for him to start his pro career.

I've heard its down to the U or Michigan. Kangas came to the U as a drafted 20 year old freshman so I dont think the coaches ever expected him to stay four years. Its probably time for him to start his pro career.

You mean we'll have another goalie to ruin?

Last I heard and that was a few weeks ago, the at kid hasn't committed anywhere yet. A guy in Ohio was telling me that his team (one of the Michigan teams, I forget which one) was also recruiting him.

Yeah, we're finally getting smart and recruiting outside the borders more. :D Hammy said it's pretty much between the Gophers and Michigan Wolverines.

Rumor is that Kangas is going to bolt this off-season. I could have seen Patterson jumping ship too the way Lucia snubbed him this year, not giving him much of a chance of playing and proving himself. Gonna be an interesting off-season if Gopher land with player departures, possible coaching changes.

Yeah, we're finally getting smart and recruiting outside the borders more. :glare: Hammy said it's pretty much between the Gophers and Michigan Wolverines.

Rumor is that Kangas is going to bolt this off-season. I could have seen Patterson jumping ship too the way Lucia snubbed him this year, not giving him much of a chance of playing and proving himself. Gonna be an interesting off-season if Gopher land with player departures, possible coaching changes.

Is there a timeline when the incoming recruits have to commit? Seems kinda late in the year to still not know.

Is there a timeline when the incoming recruits have to commit? Seems kinda late in the year to still not know.

I just realized that too, not sure what is really going on with this guy.

On a sad note, Maturi is on with Bareiro on KFAN right now saying John Hill will be back next season as Gopher assistant. Great, more "encouraging" of players. Next season is ALREADY getting off to a bad start. :glare: