SiouxSports.com Forum

Suspensions and Injurys

yellowknife

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Gleason is hurt, I wouldn't play him for the Final 5 anyways.

I find myself at a loss though.

Davidson has played very well. But Fienhage hasn't played poorly either.

I can't help but wonder if Davidson was put in over Fienhage due to, perhaps, some sort of offensive strategy? Davidson comes in as a converted forward and may be able to spark something offensively? But then again, Gleason was his partner so that should have done it for him?

I dunno.

I guess, without having seen practice, I'm not at all sure how Fienhage worked (or lack thereof) his way out of playing.

If Gleason is hurt, I wouldn't play him for the Final 5 anyways.

I find myself at a loss though.

Davidson has played very well. But Fienhage hasn't played poorly either.

I can't help but wonder if Davidson was put in over Fienhage due to, perhaps, some sort of offensive strategy? Davidson comes in as a converted forward and may be able to spark something offensively? But then again, Gleason was his partner so that should have done it for him?

I dunno.

I guess, without having seen practice, I'm not at all sure how Fienhage worked (or lack thereof) his way out of playing.

I've heard Fienhage has a broken thumb. I know they've said he is a healthy scratch, but someone close to him told me he was at a party and his thumb was all bandaged up. Don't know if this is true or not but it would make sense as I don't believe Davidson is better than Fienhage. If it is true I'm guessing he'll be playing with a broken thumb if Gleason is out. I saw him limp off too and thought it might be serious.

That is funny because the WCHA hands out suspensions on Tuesday.

could it be a day earlier now since the sioux play thursday? could be with 1 less day off or actually 2 less off days with sundays game..just a thought

This is from Bruce Ciskie's Twitter there is no way that hit is worth a three game suspension. The league doesn't suspend Marvin on the first hit which was worse than the Frattin hit and then suspend him three games after the. UND would have a huge complaint and reaks of inconstancy and Buress broke Pointers leg and only got a game.

@Sean_Leahy There has been a lot of talk about sending a strong message, and I have to think Frattin gets 2-3 games despite clean record.

about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck in reply to Sean_Leahy

Reply Retweet @Sean_Leahy They suspended a guy for three games a couple weeks ago ... kinda came out of nowhere even though player was repeat offender ...

about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck in reply to Sean_Leahy

Reply Retweet @Sean_Leahy It was a dirty hit, and as I reported earlier on Twitter/FB, the WCHA is going to suspend Frattin. Should know more tomrorow.

What's with all these "dirty" adjectives on the hit? Where did these people learn hockey?

Brutal? Yes, Unnecessary? Yes, Violent? Yes, Reckless? Probably, Dirty? No, Cheap? No.

Dirty to me intimates cheap play like extra stick work or Slough foots or hitting from behind. Cheap to me means never going at a guy man to man, but taking shots when they aren't in a position to meet you head on, then turtling to a challenge.

Frattin's charge was brutal and violent, but it was man to man and face to face. If the Gophers had such a problem with it they certainly had an entire period to settle the score like men. It's not like Frattin is a goon that we'd be fine losing, he is the sniper on our second line.

Have the helicopter parents finally taken over hockey?

exactly what i expected. hes been on a tear so that sucks for thursday. someone elses chance to step up

It's not like Duluth is on a goal-scoring tear of late. They hung 4 on CC last night, 6 on Anchorage to close the regular season, but then you have to go back to the end of January to see the Dogs score more than 3 goals.

Frattin's *cough cough* energy on the ice will be missed, but the Sioux have a few other guys who can score.