SiouxSports.com Forum

Thought's About The Sioux Ever Playing In A Winter Classic Outdoor

siouxcool

Waste of time? The outdoor games are the only time most people in America care about the NHL.

I think they are over hyped and boring. Yawn! IMHO. I don't want to sit outside and watch a hockey game when it's 40 below like it was between the Habs and Oilers.

We should have a permanent outdoor stadium and play there when it's not so windy. Well the wind doesn't always blow.

I think the games are GREAT for the NHL. They get a lot of interest in the game.

I could see us being the visiting team in some venue or the other that would really bring them in. Not only would they have the gimmick of an outdoor game but the Sioux play pretty well.

Maybe we should just take the room off of the Alerus.....

Maybe someday the Sioux can play in one of those winter/holiday outdoor games?

The Sioux/Gophers could have a game at the new Target Field? :glare:

I Love Watching The Yearly NHL Winter Classic Game!

They would play it at TCF Bank Stadium and I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see this come to fruition in the next 3-5 years.

UND is a tougher ticket down here, any Gopher fan will tell you that.

Some Gopher fans will admit that, but some of them just can't stomach the notion that we belong on the same ice as them and have had success as a D-I program. But you are right, Sioux-Gophers in Marriucci is an almost impossible ticket unless you know someone with season tickets.

UND is a tougher ticket down here, any Gopher fan will tell you that.

Tickets wouldn't be tough to get for a Winter Classic.

The tickets sold to a Winter Classic would draw a lot more general hockey fans who would rather watch UW.

Not to mention there are more UW alum in the Metro than UND.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see an outdoor game in MPLS: Sioux vs Gophers

:glare:

Tickets wouldn't be tough to get for a Winter Classic.

The tickets sold to a Winter Classic would draw a lot more general hockey fans who would rather watch UW.

Not to mention there are more UW alum in the Metro than UND.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see an outdoor game in MPLS: Sioux vs Gophers

:glare:

I only have a small sample base to work from, but the UW alumni that I've crossed paths with are by a vast majority basketball and football fans and could care less about Badger hockey. It doesn't seem to have much of a following outside of a 50-mile radius of Madison. Again, just my observation from a handful of people.