SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ CORNELL

AZSIOUX

ECAC web site shows the Friday game on Time Warner Cable-CNY. Don't know what CNY is but I don't believe it's a station that is part of the sports paks on directtv and dish. The ECAC games are, however, often (maybe always?) uplinked and can be scanned in on FTA systems.

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/broadcast/Television_Schedule

Edit: Just received an email response that the telecast will not be uplinked, but can be watched by video stream available for $7.95/day or $15.95/month at Cornell's Redcast.

ECAC web site shows the Friday game on Time Warner Cable-CNY. Don't know what CNY is but I don't believe it's a station that is part of the sports paks on directtv and dish. The ECAC games are, however, often (maybe always?) uplinked and can be scanned in on FTA systems.

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/broadcast/Television_Schedule

Edit: Just received an email response that the telecast will not be uplinked, but can be watched by video stream available for $ at Cornell's Redcast.

Normally can you run the lap top to the TV and watch it that way?

Last year in GF the Sioux dominated Cornell on Friday night and then lost a close one on Saturday.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the same type of scenario happen this upcoming weekend.

In fact, with the way things went in Minneapolis, I'd be happy with a split. ;)

That said, the Sioux need two wins if they want to keep their OOC record stellar and put them in a good position PWR-wise.

Gut check time, Sioux. Go out there and prove last weekend was a fluke.

Bottom line is we need our playmakers, you insert who you think that is/they are, to start making plays. I'm not going single anybody out, but there a couple guys IMO that are underachieving badly and are due! Got to start scoring more that 2-3 goals a game if we are going to turn this around.

Plus BE has got to step it up a notch from here on out. Not that his body of work this year has been bad by any stretch, but I just think he has the ability to be better than he has been lately.

Bottom line is we need our playmakers, you insert who you think that is/they are, to start making plays. I'm not going single anybody out, but there a couple guys IMO that are underachieving badly and are due! Got to start scoring more that 2-3 goals a game if we are going to turn this around.

Plus BE has got to step it up a notch from here on out. Not that his body of work this year has been bad by any stretch, but I just think he has the ability to be better than he has been lately.

I'll name an obvious one....VANDE VELDE. What a letdown this year. Sure, he wins a few more faceoffs than he loses, but hasn't been deserving of his scoring line roles. He used to be a power forward that was incredibly hard to knock off the puck. Now, someone looks at him and the puck is going the other way. He's managed to get a decent amount of assists just because he is on a decent line, but only has 6 goals...at least one of which was complete garbage and luck. He should be a 20-25 goal guy, but might not get to 15. I think he's trying too hard to be a goal scorer, insted of letting them come.

GAME ON CHRIS!

ECAC web site shows the Friday game on Time Warner Cable-CNY. Don't know what CNY is but I don't believe it's a station that is part of the sports paks on directtv and dish.

Cornell: It's somewhere in central New York state. I believe Ithaca, NY. I think that's somewhere in central New York state also. I'd guess their primary target demographic would live in central New York state also.

I wonder what the CNY on "Time Warner Cable-CNY" stands for.

I dont know how many of you caught the Cornell/UNH game a couple of weeks ago on ESPNU. Cornell is big, fast, and skilled, Scrivens is a good goaltender, and they have the Nash brothers. We will need an "A" game both nights.

So you are saying split!? We don't have an "A" game on Sat. nights.

Cornell: It's somewhere in central New York state. I believe Ithaca, NY. I think that's somewhere in central New York state also. I'd guess their primary target demographic would live in central New York state also.

I wonder what the CNY on "Time Warner Cable-CNY" stands for.

Not sure what it stands for, but, from the Cornell media guy via email:

will be available only on Time Warner Cable throughout New York (Rochester, Syracuse, Albany) and on Channel 198 in New York City.

I dont know how many of you caught the Cornell/UNH game a couple of weeks ago on ESPNU. Cornell is big, fast, and skilled, Scrivens is a good goaltender, and they have the Nash brothers. We will need an "A" game both nights.

didn't catch the game but I caught a clip on chn that showed them cycling the puck for 2 1/2 minutes straight and then scoring.

That is on dish network right?

Time Warner Cable-CNY is on Dish Network? ;)

Note that in the link 'sprig' gave it shows "Time Warner Cable-CNY" and "Time Warner Cable Albany". Time Warner runs a "regional" network based on location. What they show in Albany may not be the same as what they show in "CNY" (meaning Syracuse or Rochester or Ithaca) or they can run the same on both.

Key example: They run Rensselaer games on "Time Warner Cable Albany" because Rensselaer (Troy, NY) and Albany are adjoining cities. :huh:

Rensselaer (Troy, NY) and Union (Schenectady, NY) touch Albany, NY, hence they'd run it on TWC-Albany.

Cornell (Ithaca, NY) and Colgate (Hamilton, NY) are in Central NY (CNY), hence they'd run it on TWC-CNY.

January:

16 Rensselaer at Union (Time Warner Cable Albany)

22 North Dakota at Cornell (Time Warner Cable - CNY)

23 Harvard at Rensselaer (Time Warner Cable Albany)

29 Clarkson at Colgate (Time Warner Cable - CNY)

30 St. Lawrence at Colgate (Time Warner Cable - CNY)

It's the same concept as running it on "Midcontinent - Grand Forks" but not "Midcontinent - Rapid City" (if such things existed).

CNY ... Central New York, like where Ithaca, Albany, Syracuse, and Rochester are. ;)

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?state=NY&country=US

Not to split hairs, but Rochester and Albany aren't really considered CNY out here. Rochester is more WNY and Albany is considered to be in the "Capital District" or Hudson Valley. Friday night's game won't be televised on Time Warner SportsNet - Rochester.

Been looking forward to this series for a loooooong time. Hope it lives up to the hype.