SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA 2009-2010 Midseason Report

Dave Berger

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say we finish sixth and go on the road for the playoffs, early exit and no NCAA's this year. I wonder if that will just be bad luck or lack of coaching? Hak has the same canned response after every loss, I for one am getting tired of watching this brand of hockey.

Perhaps we can bring in a midseason replacement? I heard that Jutting and Lucia are getting pushed out of their respective jobs, maybe we can bring one of them in?

Maybe we could bring in a player/coach like Reggie Dunlop? He could really motivate the boys pretty well.

und, cc, umn will finish in spots 5-7 it's all a matter of where. I'm willing to bet either we host the gophs in the first round or are there. we won't catch, du,umd, uw and probably scsu. in fact it's in our best interests for home ice that the gophs and huskies either split or the huskies sweep. also go uaa.

why not the next two weeks they play cc and umn at home and as everyone seems to say that is a very difficult place to play. just ask the sioux and du. so why not hope for splits?

You want to add that to the Beer total? ;)

UND and CC will finish 5th and 6th. I think we finish 5th. UM's schedule is as brutal as ours...they sneak up to 6th at best.

I actually still have hope that UND finishes in the 4th. But I don't think 5th is that bad either, because I don't know if the Sioux want to go three games with UAA. I also don't worry that much about UND facing C.C., SCSU or Minnesota in the WCHA playoffs.

I actually still have hope that UND finishes in the 4th. But I don't think 5th is that bad either, because I don't know if the Sioux want to go three games with UAA. I also don't worry that much about UND facing C.C., SCSU or Minnesota in the WCHA playoffs.

Granted that we haven't played CC yet... I don't know how I would feel about playing them. I don't know how we match up this year with them. I've seen a few of their games but it's difficult to say how we would do against them until we play them at the end of the season. I don't think much of SCSU or Minny...or UMD for that matter. I think this weekend will be a huge factor in where we finish at the end of the season in the league. I hate to say it, but I think we need a sweep to pull us even with CC and Wisco because we have a bye week after DU series. (Wisco has non-conf this weekend) It's going to be hard to move up and make up some ground without a) some sweeps and b) help from others.

Granted that we haven't played CC yet... I don't know how I would feel about playing them. I don't know how we match up this year with them. I've seen a few of their games but it's difficult to say how we would do against them until we play them at the end of the season. I don't think much of SCSU or Minny...or UMD for that matter. I think this weekend will be a huge factor in where we finish at the end of the season in the league. I hate to say it, but I think we need a sweep to pull us even with CC and Wisco because we have a bye week after DU series. (Wisco has non-conf this weekend) It's going to be hard to move up and make up some ground without a) some sweeps and b) help from others.

if cc splits the rest of the way and we sweep at least two series and do no worse then splitting the others we'll finish at least fifth.

I'd be worried about playing any team with a solid positional goaltender right now.

Not because their offense is better than ours or whatever other permutation you'd like to bring up...

but because our only real weakness is finishing.

We get a TON of chances every game. We did against UMN, DU, UW, Cornell, and so on but we didn't put them away.

We heard TH say a lot of "puck bounced over his stick," "whiffed," "hit the post," "great save!," "just wide," "into the breadbasket," etc. this season. And to me, that speaks volumes over whatever crap this team has gone through this year.

We're doing REALLY well in almost EVERY facet of the game except untimely penalties (insert your usual Blood-hater banter here :( ) and finishing.

Yes, there are the blown calls aspect but with the number of blown finishing attempts we've had per game, they don't really matter. Doesn't make the officials any less competent (because they aren't), but it is true.

Howe is a solid goaltender and if we're not finishing well, then we're going to have trouble winning.

Granted that we haven't played CC yet... I don't know how I would feel about playing them. I don't know how we match up this year with them. I've seen a few of their games but it's difficult to say how we would do against them until we play them at the end of the season. I don't think much of SCSU or Minny...

I don't know, the Huskies looked pretty good against those same Gofers that just took 3 points from the Sioux...

not to count my chickens before they hatch but we have a real bonus that last weekensd of the year in that we play tech at home. that weekend cc plays du, uw plays minny, scsu plays msu-mankato and duluth heads out to uaa. if we can be at least tied for fifth going into that weekend I really like our chances.

not to count my chickens before they hatch but we have a real bonus that last weekensd of the year in that we play tech at home. that weekend cc plays du, uw plays minny, scsu plays msu-mankato and duluth heads out to uaa. if we can be at least tied for fifth going into that weekend I really like our chances.

Count 'em.

You see.... I say DU/CC split, UW sweeps UMN easily, SCSU sweeps MSUM easily, and in a shocker, UMD only gets 2 in Anchorage.

Forgive my lack of mathematical foresight, but I don't know where that would put us.

One advantage we have is CC still has a non-conference weekend left and we don't, they are definitely the first team in our sights to take home-ice from.

They are the only team in our sights. My gut says we'll be making 2 trips to CC in a span of 2 weeks.