SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ GOPHERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it'll be on in HD :(

Could this be the first time the Sioux have ever been broadcast in HD? I realize that the frozen four was on ESPN2 HD but it was not broadcast in HD. I can't think of a game that the sioux played in that was in HD. Anyone?

Could this be the first time the Sioux have ever been broadcast in HD? I realize that the frozen four was on ESPN2 HD but it was not broadcast in HD. I can't think of a game that the sioux played in that was in HD. Anyone?

FSN Rocky Mountain aired a Sioux/Denver game in HD earlier this season....hopefully we see more Sioux games in HD in the future!

I just thought of a funny debate we have had in the past on HD.

Whenever I see posts like this it really upsets me. You complain and taunt like mad when DaveK responds to your posts about certain subjects. But when he's not around, you goad him into arguments. In this case, you're not taking the high road that you think you are. It's not just you, Goon, but I felt like I should say something.

That being said, I wish I could see more hockey in HD. Once a week on NBC isn't enough, but I don't have fancy satellite packages to pull it in. In fact, it sounds like I'll have to go out to watch the game since I don't get the BTN. I live in Fargo so I'm thinking South BWW, anyone have a place in mind other than that?

Whenever I see posts like this it really upsets me. You complain and taunt like mad when DaveK responds to your posts about certain subjects. But when he's not around, you goad him into arguments. In this case, you're not taking the high road that you think you are. It's not just you, Goon, but I felt like I should say something.

That being said, I wish I could see more hockey in HD. Once a week on NBC isn't enough, but I don't have fancy satellite packages to pull it in. In fact, it sounds like I'll have to go out to watch the game since I don't get the BTN. I live in Fargo so I'm thinking South BWW, anyone have a place in mind other than that?

Wasn't trying to goad anyone I just found the HD debates to be funny. Oh boy... Repeat after me breath in, breath out...

Wasn't trying to goad anyone I just found the HD debates to be funny. Oh boy... Repeat after me breath in, breath out...

I guess upset was the wrong word, as I'm sitting here cool as a cucumber at work, but I went a bit "Thread Police" so I apologize. I just don't like seeing crazy long tangents in threads, and they get started by little posts like that. And now I'm contributing :lol::(

So anyway, about the series...

If you had to make a guess, who starts in goal for the gophs? Is it a split? I'd probably go Kangas both games, but I haven't seen enough of them lately to make that call. I'm thinking Eidsness goes both games for UND. If Dell is healthy, he hasn't played in a really long time, and it's a hostlie/important road game.

I didn't like the Lucia opinion article from the Trib. He didn't really talk about UND at all, just about what the Gophers have done in their last couple games. I like to read interviews where they give a little scouting on the opposing team. It helps me see how the coaches/players view some of the things we as fans see from opposing teams. I'm thinking we'll see more of that after the media day interviews today.

I guess upset was the wrong word, as I'm sitting here cool as a cucumber at work, but I went a bit "Thread Police" so I apologize. I just don't like seeing crazy long tangents in threads, and they get started by little posts like that. And now I'm contributing :lol::(

Nah it's ok...

Just read Cardinal's preview on gopherpuck. Just wanted to say that I appreciated his insight. I know you read this board and comment occasionally. Nowhere in that long writeup was there a jab at the state of ND, jabs about "25 year old Canadians", Mullets, etc. There was ACTUAL HOCKEY KNOWLEDGE! Facts were abundant, which is refreshing.

I am big about reading opponent sites and newspapers to get "the other side" of things. Good article Cardinal.

I should add that I didn't mean Cardinal has written crappy stuff in the past, but "others" have, including Mr. Roman A. of the Strib.

If you had to make a guess, who starts in goal for the gophs? Is it a split? I'd probably go Kangas both games, but I haven't seen enough of them lately to make that call. I'm thinking Eidsness goes both games for UND. If Dell is healthy, he hasn't played in a really long time, and it's a hostlie/important road game.

I'm thinking we see Kangas vs Eidsness both nights, unless one of them gets pulled.

From the sounds of it, Patterson didn't look that good against Harvard (from what the Gopher fans said).

Just read Cardinal's preview on gopherpuck. Just wanted to say that I appreciated his insight. I know you read this board and comment occasionally. Nowhere in that long writeup was there a jab at the state of ND, jabs about "25 year old Canadians", Mullets, etc. There was ACTUAL HOCKEY KNOWLEDGE! Facts were abundant, which is refreshing.

I am big about reading opponent sites and newspapers to get "the other side" of things. Good article Cardinal.

I should add that I didn't mean Cardinal has written crappy stuff in the past, but "others" have, including Mr. Roman A. of the Strib.

Ryan is better than the Gophers hockey beat writer for the Red Star and Sickle.

FSN Rocky Mountain aired a Sioux/Denver game in HD earlier this season....hopefully we see more Sioux games in HD in the future!

Since I do not get FSN Rocky Mountain I did not know about this. I did see those games on FCS which picked up the FSN RM feed, but unfortunately it was only in SD. This weekend will be my first time seeing the Sioux in HD on the BTN, but lucky for me it will be from my DVR as there will be several of us heading to "The John" for the games.

Sioux/Gophers week - what could be better? Go Sioux!

Since I do not get FSN Rocky Mountain I did not know about this. I did see those games on FCS which picked up the FSN RM feed, but unfortunately it was only in SD. This weekend will be my first time seeing the Sioux in HD on the BTN, but lucky for me it will be from my DVR as there will be several of us heading to "The John" for the games.

I am thinking a huge donny brooke to end a Sioux sweep. :lol::D:D:( Then we will have something to talk about all next week.

I get the FSN Rocky Mountain feed on FCS from time to time but on Midco that is not available in HD.

With Hextall out of the lineup, I guess it's up to Malone to mix things up. :(

From what I saw of the gophers against Hahvahd, they'll really have to ramp up their speed game if UND brings their A game. The gophs looked decent in the offensive zone once established, but I keep coming back to that transition. It will be another big key.

It's not really a brawl unless DU is involved, right? :lol:

i dont think we will have enough players if more than 1 forward and 1 d man gets a DQ for next weekend though :(

with that being said get 4 points and knock gophs all over their own ice. put an end to any hopes they may have in digging themselves out of the black hole they are in ncaa picture wise. yes i know the wcha standings are closer but the poll that matters is the pairwise and lets knock them right back out of the pwr!!

for some of the fans that wonder how the sioux can be so much higher in the pwr comparing to wcha standings just look at overall records. the sioux are undefeated in non conference play and the gophers overall are 3-9-1 vs teams with winning records and 1-5-0 at home vs teams with winning records. (thanks cardinal for the stats) nice write up as well on gpl homepage! well done

i dont think we will have enough players if more than 1 forward and 1 d man gets a DQ for next weekend though :(

with that being said get 4 points and knock gophs all over their own ice and put a end to any hopes they may have in digging themselves out of the black hole they are in ncaa picture wise. yes i know the wcha standings are close but the poll that matters is the pairwise and lets knock them right back out of the pwr!!

I think Davidson has one DQ to waste. I would send him after Schack or Flynn.

I think Davidson has one DQ to waste. I would send him after Schack or Flynn.

:( doubt we see him the way the other 12 forwards have been playing but you never know i guess. i expect he and hill to be the extras in the press box