SiouxSports.com Forum

2010 Olympics - Hockey

AZSIOUX

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I yelled at the TV because it was bad enough that Canada won, but that Jesus Crosby got the game winner... Ugh.

It kills me to see Toews in the Canada jersey. Such a great kid on such an arrogant team.

OH! Did NBC and Team Canada hire the NBC broadcasters? I swear to god they passed out when Crosby scored the game winner and just about jumped the Swiss player that got him in the 3rd. Yeah, it was a legit high sticking penalty missed but did you see the great embellishment Crosby did? He got a bloody nose and he laid on the ice like he just got McSorley'd.

Should've been 4 on 4 but even Olympic officials know better than to call Jesus Crosby for anything.

But hey, let's look at it away from hockey and just look at the awards ceremony.

NBC seems to think "who cares about bronze and silver. GOLD BABY! And if it happens to be Canada, pump it for all its worth!"

The bias is incredible. Yeah, Canada is the host country but... well, to be fair, can anyone answer this question for me:

When the last winter olympics was in the US, was NBC or whoever biased to the US?

If so, then my point still stands anyways: Hire a foreign service to do the commentating. BBC should do the commentating for these Olympic games. That keeps pro-Canada and pro-US commentators off the mic.

OBJECTIVITY is key. Celebrate the Gold, for sure, but give credit to those who were runner up because there were a boat load of people who would do ANYTHING to be on that podium, even if it is "just a bronze medal."

I yelled at the TV because it was bad enough that Canada won, but that Jesus Crosby got the game winner... Ugh.

It kills me to see Toews in the Canada jersey. Such a great kid on such an arrogant team.

OH! Did NBC and Team Canada hire the NBC broadcasters? I swear to god they passed out when Crosby scored the game winner and just about jumped the Swiss player that got him in the 3rd. Yeah, it was a legit high sticking penalty missed but did you see the great embellishment Crosby did? He got a bloody nose and he laid on the ice like he just got McSorley'd.

Should've been 4 on 4 but even Olympic officials know better than to call Jesus Crosby for anything.

But hey, let's look at it away from hockey and just look at the awards ceremony.

NBC seems to think "who cares about bronze and silver. GOLD BABY! And if it happens to be Canada, pump it for all its worth!"

The bias is incredible. Yeah, Canada is the host country but... well, to be fair, can anyone answer this question for me:

When the last winter olympics was in the US, was NBC or whoever biased to the US?

If so, then my point still stands anyways: Hire a foreign service to do the commentating. BBC should do the commentating for these Olympic games. That keeps pro-Canada and pro-US commentators off the mic.

OBJECTIVITY is key. Celebrate the Gold, for sure, but give credit to those who were runner up because there were a boat load of people who would do ANYTHING to be on that podium, even if it is "just a bronze medal."

If we're lucky maybe he'll rub off on the rest of his teammates. :lol:

Meh... I don't really care either way. I just realized a lot of my favorite players are playing on that team. :silly: Doesn't matter though, unlike some people, I cheer for my own country.

Then the BBC crew would be bragging how English hockey players (both of them) are the best.

Then the BBC crew would be bragging how English hockey players (both of them) are the best.

Both of them or would it be like it is now? Team Canada in every broadcast regardless of whether or not they are actually playing and then throw in Ovechchrist to make it seem like they're not completely fixated like a 6 year old girl hoping to get picked to meet the Jonas Brothers.

Today's Norway-Switzerland game has been a barn-burner. The new top Norwegian line has actually looked very strong. Would be quite an upset if the "little brother" of Scandinavian hockey could pull off the win. Today and tomorrow's games should be great as teams battle for a good seeding position.

Swiss just won it in OT and kept themselves from finishing bottom of the group. That could have made for a harrowing pre-quarterfinal game for one of the big powers.

Russia wins to grab a bye and the #3 seed

If U.S. can beat Canada in regulation, that would put Canada and Russia in the same quarterfinal bracket. If USA can grab that top seed, they would get the Swiss or Belarus in the quarters and in the opposite half of the bracket of the Canadians and Russians.

Bottom 7 now set

7 Slovakia

8 Switzerland

9 Belarus

10 Norway

11 Germany

12 Latvia

call and upgrade for a week.....they should prorate you. this is the first time this has been a relevant hd channel for me.

Thanks for the heads up, checked my account and am supposed to get it. They've hooked me up with 9511, still need to get 209 HD going.