SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Team USA

AZSIOUX

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there were some rumblings earlier this season about some of the freshman coming in a little too cocky, if kristo was one of them think they'll be a few hard shots put on him?

I'm sure they'll try to rough up the team's leading scorer just to send him a message for coming in too cocky. OK. :huh:

there were some rumblings earlier this season about some of the freshman coming in a little too cocky, if kristo was one of them think they'll be a few hard shots put on him?

no, you play hockey and make sure kristo isnt one of the players that you are lining up :huh: would be nice to see the sioux give these guys a real game and battle for the win whihc will be very tough missing 2 of your top scorers in kristo and genoway then throw zajac in there who is so solid on D. very tough team to play against because of pure skill but add dean blais to the mix and im sure this isnt gona be you last 4-5 years usa teams.

Sorry for being lazy here folks and not going back through the thread.

Two things.

1. I sure hope Davidson plays. He deserves to and I assume that he will.

2. Any of these US kids incoming Sioux recruits?

Thanks. I'll be in The House, and will be signing baseball cards between periods at a card table

outside the building, Northwest entrance.

Two things.

Thanks. I'll be in The House, and will be signing baseball cards between periods at a card table

I would be surprised if Davidson doesn't play. Sounds like Hakstol wants to give everyone a chance to play.

No Sioux recruits aside from current player Kristo on the team. All of the players are already playing college, are committed to a different school, or are from MJ and ineligible. Here's the preliminary roster...sounds like the final roster will be set on the 22nd.

GOALTENDERS (2)

Name Ht (cm) Wt (kg) Birthdate S/C Hometown 2009-10 Team (League)

Jack Campbell 6-2 (188) 185 (85) 1/9/92 L Port Huron, Mich. U.S. National Under-18 Team (USNTDP)

Mike Lee 6-1 (185) 195 (88) 10/5/90 L Roseau, Minn. St. Cloud State University (WCHA)

DEFENSEMEN (11)

John Carlson 6-3 (190) 210 (95) 1/10/90 R Colonia, N.J. Hershey Bears (AHL)

Matt Donovan 6-0 (183) 190 (86) 5/9/90 L Edmond, Okla. University of Denver (WCHA)

Justin Faulk 5-11 (180) 195 (88) 3/20/92 R South St. Paul, Minn. U.S. National Under-18 Team (USNTDP)

Cam Fowler 6-2 (188) 198 (90) 12/5/91 L Farmington Hills, Mich. Windsor Spitfires (OHL)

Jake Gardiner 6-2 (188) 200 (91) 7/4/90 L Minnetonka, Minn. University of Wisconsin (WCHA)

Brian Lashoff 6-3 (190) 204 (93) 7/16/90 L Albany, N.Y. Kingston Frontenacs (OHL)

Jon Merrill 6-3 (190) 200 (91) 2/3/92 L Brighton, Mich. U.S. National Under-18 Team (USNTDP)

John Moore 6-2 (188) 200 (91) 11/19/90 L Winnetka, Ill. Kitchener Rangers (OHL)

Max Nicastro 6-2 (188) 189 (86) 3/2/90 R Thousand Oaks, Calif. Boston University (HEA)

John Ramage 6-0 (183) 195 (88) 2/7/91 R St. Louis, Mo. University of Wisconsin (WCHA)

David Warsofsky 5-9 (175) 170 (77) 5/30/90 L Marshfield, Mass. Boston University (HEA)

FORWARDS (16)

Ryan Bourque 5-8 (173) 170 (77) 1/3/91 L Boxford, Mass. Quebec Remparts (QMJHL)

Chris Brown 6-2 (188) 191 (86) 2/3/91 R Houston, Texas University of Michigan (CCHA)

Jerry D

Two things.

1. I think with kristo, genoway and zajac all out, we will see everyone this saturday, possibly hill even dresses?

2. As someone said before me, just kristo from the sioux, unless you count blais as an ex-sioux.

Should be an exciting game, a lot of talent on the ice tomorrow! Go sioux! And usa I guess, can't root against our country right?

I'm sure they'll try to rough up the team's leading scorer just to send him a message for coming in too cocky. OK. :huh:

IF there were issues with attitude I'll be that got itself ironed out by now, on a rink out of our eyesight. It won't happen in the game tomorrow night.

yeah thought that was weird too.

I wasn't suggesting it should happen, I was just asking if anyone thought it could-nothing illegal but just a clean hard hit. second I don't even know if kristo is one of the freshman that there were issues with supposedly. hak has made more than one mention inthe last couple of months about their locker room. thirdly with some of the maturity issues displayed on the ice and lack of self discipline if there were an issue who knows what may or may not happen. fourthly I hope kristo is hands off and everyone walks away tonight on both sides healthy.

I wasn't suggesting it should happen, I was just asking if anyone thought it could-nothing illegal but just a clean hard hit. second I don't even know if kristo is one of the freshman that there were issues with supposedly. hak has made more than one mention inthe last couple of months about their locker room. thirdly with some of the maturity issues displayed on the ice and lack of self discipline if there were an issue who knows what may or may not happen. fourthly I hope kristo is hands off and everyone walks away tonight on both sides healthy.

In one word: No.

The WJC tended to not have a lot of hard hitting and, since this is an exhibition game, there is no call to be as physical. No team wants to endanger the health of their nation's team before a major tourney. Likewise, no team wants to risk injury in overly physical games that do not count.

Think of this game like this: UND is providing the U20 team with a practice in a game environment... tourney like atmosphere without the brackets so that if they lose, nothing is gained. Like test driving a car.

THere's not going to be very many (if at all) big hits by either side. I do predict that Kristo will lead Team USA in SOG. And I do believe he'll pot either one.

The question for us is: If we lose this game, what will be the reaction? Seriously! I won't know what to think!

I'm not one to get all bent out of shape because we're missing our best underclassman forward. I dislike that attitude in sports (See Crosby, Sidney and the Penguins or Red Wings this year).

I want both teams to win. UND because it is important that we find a working combination (with/without Kristo) for the tourney ahead. Team USA because I want them to once again amount to something (and not have a fluke like Fleury's gaff to give it to us).

The question for us is: If we lose this game, what will be the reaction? Seriously! I won't know what to think!

I won't really care if UND wins or loses this game, just no injuries.

UND lost 3-0 the last time they played the WJC team in 04/05 (the year the WJC was at the REA).

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20041219&am...nd&gender=m

This is a group of the best U20 players in the nation, I wouldn't be surprised if they won. The main thing going in the Sioux's favor IMO is that the WJC team has had limited practice time together. The talent level is high enough to overcome that though.

This is a group of the best U20 players in the nation, I wouldn't be surprised if they won. The main thing going in the Sioux's favor IMO is that the WJC team has had limited practice time together. The talent level is high enough to overcome that though.

I'd actually be really impressed if UND can play with them given they are missing Kristo and Genoway. Additionally I don't think Blais hasn't made his final cuts and I'd be shocked if there weren't roster spots on the line for USA. No matter how much pride the boys take in wearing the Sioux sweater, motivation would seem to be on the last 6-9 guys on the USA roster trying to make it to the WJC.

I hope the sioux win just to go into break with positive momentum.

Agreed! This would be a great way to head into the break. Don't need any more injuries though. I wonder if Kristo and Mac chatted before the game. The only other time they played in a game against each other was last year in the World Junior A Challenge. Mac demolished Kristo with a huge legal open ice hit. Danny almost passed out when he tried to get to his feet. Kristo made a great recovery and was named Player of the Game. Lets hope they avoid each other tonight.

I'd actually be really impressed if UND can play with them given they are missing Kristo and Genoway. Additionally I don't think Blais hasn't made his final cuts and I'd be shocked if there weren't roster spots on the line for USA. No matter how much pride the boys take in wearing the Sioux sweater, motivation would seem to be on the last 6-9 guys on the USA roster trying to make it to the WJC.

Blais is going to pull a Herbie and suit up David Toews in the 2nd, just to scare the current guys on the pre-roster. :huh: