SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ DULUTH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um... those of you who dislike Kristo on the first line.... uh... might want to tune out pretty quick. He's heading right back to the first line.

He may be what the first line needs. I agreed with Hak moving off the first line to lighten up the pressure for him, and it appears to have worked, as Kristo's caught fire the past 3 weeks. He's definitely turning into the player we all thought he'd be. Fun to watch too.

I tuned in for the second period to the end.

It seemed like a roller coaster ride, but we did great.

Much of the third period was rather stressful.

UMD looked A TON like UND vs DU. Lots of penalties, lots of missed chances....at time playing better than UND.

UND got a nice win.

We're going to have to work even harder to win tomorrow.

Hak post-game comments:

It was a good hockey game. Pretty good game up and down. A lot of good plays made. Different outcome than last Saturday night. Come out with 2 points.

I thought they had the majority of the 3rd, until strangely enough, the penalty kill with 5 minutes to go. We got aggressive, held the blue line, and got back to our aggressive ways.

The 2nd period had a heck of a lot of good in it. We had an okay PP. Darcy made a heck of a play to put one in the net and that one really ignited us. I think that may have been our best period of the year. When the puck left his tape, it couldn't of been more than 4 or 5 inches off the ice, and it caught top shelf.

The 2nd goal, we found a bounce to get it into the goal. I thought Rider was fighting it some tonight. We had 3 or 4 good opportunities on that PP and finally Gregoire finished it off.

The only thing I can come up with for Eids is one puck may have bounced out of his glove, and they got a rebound chance on him. I'd have to be pretty picky to find something wrong with his play tonight.

I don't know what it looks like up here, but on the ice, you take two strides and you're through the neutral zone, so forwards have to be quick, have their heads up, and know what they want to do with it. I thought we did a good job tonight at creating opportunities, creating cycles, and getting chances.

We came to the rink today with our lunch pails. I don't think we had any passengers. Everyone came to play. That's what it takes. Duluth is hard to beat in this building. We knew they were going to come out and play very well. We knew we were going to have to kill two penalites. They made a hungry play to make it 3-2. It was a heck of a game and it should be another heck of a game, up and down, tomorrow night.

Sounded pretty exciting. Two big points on the road against an always gritty team.

No college hockey on the TV here in the cities on Comcast or DirecTv. The Gophers were even pre-empted on FSN. But who would want to watch the #9 team in the WCHA anyway?

You can pay $8 a month more on Comcast and get all the Sioux homes games and all the Fox Sports channels.