SiouxSports.com Forum

2009 FCS Playoffs

dakotadan

House panels passes college football playoff bill

But the measure faces long odds getting through Congress, given the wide geographic representation of schools in the six conferences that get automatic BCS bowl bids. "The schools in those six conferences, which have such a huge financial benefit from the system, have enormous clout," said Gary Roberts, dean of the Indiana University School of Law-Indianapolis and a sports law expert. "I don't see anything coming from this." BCS officials don't appear worried that Barton's bill will become law. "We just can't imagine that the members of Congress will think it's their job to dictate how college football should be played," Hancock said.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villanova defeated the Tribe of William & Mary last night 14-13 in front of 4171 fans.

4171 fans for a national semi-final game?

By comparison how many fans will be at Wa-Griz this afternoon? 25k?

I wasn't overly impressed with 'nova (#4 Matt Szczur is a gamer)...I say the winner of App St/Montana takes it all.

GO SIOUX

Listening to the App St - Montana game on www.goasu.com.

While I've always respected Montana...I lived in North Carolina for 3 years and managed to get to Boone for a Mountaineer game. So my heart is with Appalachian State today..and next week, too.

Now if only App would come play at UND or NDSU (not wanting to offend anyone, but App usually draws 24K + at home and not sure if the AC would be big enough of a draw for ASU. For that matter, not sure if the Fargodome would get filled for a game, given the current state of the Bison.

Griz strike first...

00 ASU

07 Griz

1st 7:49

App's 4th down gamble set the stage for this rough patch. ASU radio crew curious that it wasn't pass interference.

First time in 5 weeks that ASU has given up a scoring play of 30 yards or more.

Commentators say that ASU doesn't look to comfy. And yet the High Country reminded me of Manitoba and the Dakotas when I watched a game there in 2007.

After observing the talent level of Montana, ASU, and the two CAA squads that played last night it's evident that it's a level above anything seen in the MVFC. All four of the semi-finalists are much better measuring sticks of what it takes to be nationally competitive than UNI or even SIU in my opinion.

I figured the Griz faithful would be indifferent to the weather (15F light snow) but it looks like 1/2 the crowd (or more) went home at half time...

:lol:

EDIT - Maybe they were warming up...the stands looked pretty empty to start the half but look "full" again. My bad.

Griz win!!

Great game. App. State didn't seem too shook up by the weather, amazingly only a couple turnovers in the game despite the weather and quite a few BIG hits.

Despite being undefeated I didn't think they would make it to the championsip game, too inconsistent all year. I guess the comeback against SDSU must have woke them up.

Go Griz!

After observing the talent level of Montana, ASU, and the two CAA squads that played last night it's evident that it's a level above anything seen in the MVFC. All four of the semi-finalists are much better measuring sticks of what it takes to be nationally competitive than UNI or even SIU in my opinion.

In consultant-speak, next November in Wa-Griz will provide for some "gap analysis".

Montana may be one of those teams that plays to the level of its competition, which results in many games being closer than you'd think--Idaho St., UC-Davis, Cal Poly and spotting a good-but-not-great SDSU team a huge lead before the big comeback being examples from this year.

Montana may be one of those teams that plays to the level of its competition, which results in many games being closer than you'd think--Idaho St., UC-Davis, Cal Poly and spotting a good-but-not-great SDSU team a huge lead before the big comeback being examples from this year.

That's exactly how it has been all year... they need a big pass play to beat winless Idaho State at the end, then the next week blow out a decent Montana State team, then spot SDSU a huge lead before coming back, then blow out SFA.

At least now it appears they are focused, have played very well for the last 2+ games.

I really don't agree, I watched several SIU games this year and if they had any type of passing game they would be at least as good as the teams still in it. I really feel they are only a player or two away.