SiouxSports.com Forum

2009 FCS Playoffs

dakotadan

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48-0 Griz, 4:00 left in 3rd. SFA got behind early on turnovers and Montana has kept the pressure on, I think SFA is up to 9 turnovers now.

EDIT: 51-0 Griz, SFA turnovers ended the game early.

Holy hell! Griz putting up 51 and shutting out a team that smoked us 65-31!? ???

We better get alot better between now and November.............

I'm guessing SFA wasn't enthused by the subzero wind chills in Missoula today. They may have had a SLIGHT influence on the game.

In the FBS, the Cincy-Pitt game was an instant classic and it's nice to see Florida being exposed for the fraud they were. There schedule was very weak. At least Bama had the win over Virginia Tech outside what was a really down SEC this year. Would love to see the 'horns go down to see some new blood in the title game, but if Bama-Texas rivals USC-Texas then that would be OK. Just think what we could have had if the big boys would go to a playoff.

I'm guessing SFA wasn't enthused by the subzero wind chills in Missoula today. They may have had a SLIGHT influence on the game.

In the FBS, the Cincy-Pitt game was an instant classic and it's nice to see Florida being exposed for the fraud they were. There schedule was very weak. At least Bama had the win over Virginia Tech outside what was a really down SEC this year. Would love to see the 'horns go down to see some new blood in the title game, but if Bama-Texas rivals USC-Texas then that would be OK. Just think what we could have had if the big boys would go to a playoff.

If Nebraska loses tonight, that's Cincinnati, TCU, or Boise for the other spot. What a mess. But if last seasons Oklahoma/Texas/Texas Tech roshambo situation doesn't spur any change, nothing will. ???

FBS

Alabama v Texas

FCS

App.St at Montana

W&M at Villanova

I agree that Texas-Bama will be the matchup, but Texas really got a gift. Even though the clock showed 1 sec the instant the ball hit the turf, that second will always run off the clock and would have at any other point in the game. I'm also not sure even in winning that they proved to be better than TCU, who has blown out everyone. The other bummer is that outside of the title game, it's looking like none of the other undefeated teams will play each other. We could possibly finish with four unbeatens after the Bowls. I'm not sure how the BCS can spin that as a good thing.

To me, Cincinatti made a better case to be in the BCS Title game than Texas did today. They won by 1 point on the road after trailing by 21 in the 4th against the #14 team in the country. Texas won by 1 point in what amounted to a home game against the #22 team in the country. Never happen though. ???

Never happen though. :glare:

They pick BC$ teams based on what the "BC$" abbreviation stands for: Big Cash $.

The Bearcats just don't bring the cash-money, travel or TV, that the Hook'em Horns do.

If it really turns out to be "Fiesta Bowl: Cincy and Boise" there'll be syndicated replays of "Everybody Loves Raymond" on local cable that'll get a bigger ratings number.

I agree that Texas-Bama will be the matchup, but Texas really got a gift. Even though the clock showed 1 sec the instant the ball hit the turf, that second will always run off the clock and would have at any other point in the game. I'm also not sure even in winning that they proved to be better than TCU, who has blown out everyone. The other bummer is that outside of the title game, it's looking like none of the other undefeated teams will play each other. We could possibly finish with four unbeatens after the Bowls. I'm not sure how the BCS can spin that as a good thing.

But spin they will, and spew their usual garbage about how a playoff system will "cheapen" the Bowl games. I've just about resigned myself to the fact that I'll never see a true FBS Football playoff series, but why can't they do this:

Play all the Bowl games like they do now, and have the 4 games with National Championship implications play on Dec. 31 and Jan. 1. Then take the winners of those 4 games and have them play the semifinals either the next Saturday/Sunday evenings after the NFL playoffs, or during the week sometime. Then play the TRUE National Championship game whenever they see fit, again after the NFL playoffs or during the week. That way it wouldn't "cheapen" their Bowl games and we would have a true champion, plus they would have 3 more televised paydays.

I personally hope there is 4 undefeated teams, just to put a little more egg on their faces.

*END OF RANT

I've just about resigned myself to the fact that I'll never see a true FBS Football playoff series, ...

That was obvious the instant the "DI-A" and "DI-AA" names were dropped in favor of ...

- Football Bowl Subdivision

- Football Championship Subdivision

Pretty clear right there that those in power view the bowls and a championship playoff as mutually exclusive arenas.

But spin they will, and spew their usual garbage about how a playoff system will "cheapen" the Bowl games. I've just about resigned myself to the fact that I'll never see a true FBS Football playoff series, but why can't they do this:

Play all the Bowl games like they do now, and have the 4 games with National Championship implications play on Dec. 31 and Jan. 1. Then take the winners of those 4 games and have them play the semifinals either the next Saturday/Sunday evenings after the NFL playoffs, or during the week sometime. Then play the TRUE National Championship game whenever they see fit, again after the NFL playoffs or during the week. That way it wouldn't "cheapen" their Bowl games and we would have a true champion, plus they would have 3 more televised paydays.

I personally hope there is 4 undefeated teams, just to put a little more egg on their faces.

*END OF RANT

I second your rant and will repeat what I have said on this forum and other forums before: The Bull Crap Series is a joke. It's the biggest joke in competitive sports this side of the shootout in hockey. All the bowl games outside of the BCS title game (#1 vs #2) are glorified exhibition games that mean nothing. The college football "postseason" has none of the drama or passion of the NCAA Basketball Tournament (which is very profitable, by the way). And if anyone is ready to respond with the charge of "apples and oranges" to that, I think it's fair to point out that some of the non-BCS schools are beginning to close the gap with the BCS leagues a little bit. Boise State is one example of this. TCU this year could give the Floridas, Alabamas and Texas' of the world a good game, maybe even beat them. But because of the Bull Crap Series, we will never know the answer to that question.

END RANT #2