SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs ST. CLOUD ST.

AZSIOUX

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going deer hunting? :)

Yes, if I end up hitting one with my car. I will be traveling to Walsh county near the Pembina escarpment. There are many deer in those parts.

Who's getting the start for SCSU Fri/Sat? I'd like to see what Lee has on Saturday. Will Dunn see action as a veteran presence to combat our depth and offensive potency?

Yes, if I end up hitting one with my car. I will be traveling to Walsh county near the Pembina escarpment. There are many deer in those parts.

Who's getting the start for SCSU Fri/Sat? I'd like to see what Lee has on Saturday. Will Dunn see action as a veteran presence to combat our depth and offensive potency?

The weather has been horrible for deer hunting you're going to have to knock them out of where they are at.

Too warm, too nice and the deer are only moving at night. I am hoping the Sioux get a chance to welcome Lee and Dunn to the REA.

The weather has been horrible for deer hunting you're going to have to knock them out of where they are at.

Too warm, too nice and the deer are only moving at night. I am hoping the Sioux get a chance to welcome Lee and Dunn to the REA.

Been meaning to ask you Goon because I think you were around Devils Lake last weekend, have the northern geese started coming down yet? We haven't seen hardly any here, I think it's been too nice to drive them out of Canada. Local geese are getting too snaky, need some new blood!

Sorry to turn this into the Cabela's thread Goon but I got this pic of this guy last night in my backyard.

another

Last Week

According to Brad's blog, Hakstol doesn't know yet if Hextall will be available to play against SCSU or not.

Everyone else will be available to play.

i know he only has two goals on the season, but this is a huge hole to fill. he's one of the proven guys who can just flat bury it when need be. hope he heals quick and we see him back out soon! GO SIOUX!

Any guesses on how many time(s) Garret(sp?) Roe is gonna dive during the series overall?

And I'm truly hoping that the Sioux give Mike Lee a very warm welcome to the REA by lighting him up. :)

That's a very hard question to answer because it all depends upon the temperment of the officials at the game.

It will be AT LEAST twice this weekend. One per game to test the officials' reactions to his dive. If he gets called for diving (despite the stunned silence that will overcome the diehards as they'll all have thought A) they've drank too much alcohol/taken some sort of hallucinogenic substance or B) they've accidentally stumbled into a UNO vs MSU game instead of SCSU vs. UND and have CCHA officials instead of WCHA officials), he will not dive until the next game to see if the officials are still going to call it. If he dives and there is no call, he'll try again until there is a call. If the call is diving, see above. If UND goes to the box, you'll see it a lot until Roe goes to the box for diving.

So, I'm forced to give a range. I'm going to say no less than 2 and no more than 8.

And NO, as I stated before, this has nothing to do with Roe himself. I do not believe he is a hack or cheap. I believe he's like every other high stakes person be it in sports or business. He wants to win or get ahead. If there is no punishment for what normally would be considered against the rules, there is no incentive NOT to take advantage of it. Roe knows this.

Frankly, with the current state of officiating in the WCHA, it surprises me that there is so few players in the WCHA that dive.

That's a very hard question to answer because it all depends upon the temperment of the officials at the game.

It will be AT LEAST twice this weekend. One per game to test the officials' reactions to his dive. If he gets called for diving (despite the stunned silence that will overcome the diehards as they'll all have thought A) they've drank too much alcohol/taken some sort of hallucinogenic substance or B) they've accidentally stumbled into a UNO vs MSU game instead of SCSU vs. UND and have CCHA officials instead of WCHA officials), he will not dive until the next game to see if the officials are still going to call it. If he dives and there is no call, he'll try again until there is a call. If the call is diving, see above. If UND goes to the box, you'll see it a lot until Roe goes to the box for diving.

So, I'm forced to give a range. I'm going to say no less than 2 and no more than 8.

And NO, as I stated before, this has nothing to do with Roe himself. I do not believe he is a hack or cheap. I believe he's like every other high stakes person be it in sports or business. He wants to win or get ahead. If there is no punishment for what normally would be considered against the rules, there is no incentive NOT to take advantage of it. Roe knows this.

Frankly, with the current state of officiating in the WCHA, it surprises me that there is so few players in the WCHA that dive.

You might have to adjust your number. :)

Garrett Roe suspended for Friday night

According to tvguide.com -

For Friday, NHL Network: Ferris/Miami, FCS Atlantic: UND/SCSU, FCS Central: AA/WI and FCS Pacific: MI St/MI. Last time I looked at the NHL Network, they were highlighting the UND/SCSU game - now they are highlighting Ferrris/Miami - something may have changed?

For Saturday, FSN North: BSU/MN, FCS Atlantic: UND/SCSU, FCS Pacific: BSU/MN

For Sunday: FSN North: BSU/MN

Not a bad weekend on the tube, eh?

Does anybody know if the games will be on the Directv Fox College Sports channel (617)? I don't see anything listed yet, but I thought somebody may have heard something elsewhere.