SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs Gophers

AZSIOUX

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lets fast forward til friday..................

go sioux and hit these guys every chance possible on our ice

JUST A REMINDER TO ALL FANS GOING TO THE GAMES - wear white shirt - sweatshirt - jersey

WHITE THE RALPH OUT!!!

Got my shirts already and ready for Friday.

lets fast forward til friday..................

go sioux and hit these guys every chance possible on our ice

JUST A REMINDER TO ALL FANS GOING TO THE GAMES - wear white shirt - sweatshirt - jersey

WHITE THE RALPH OUT!!!

GOLD OUT THE RALPH. MAROON. GOLD. WHATEVER YOU HAVE!!

:(:lol: :lol:

+1

Leddy should be a huge improvement over anyone on the roster, he played 1st line D in the exhibition and looked great

Hegeleson will be a bit help too

Leddy's a very talented young player, but WCHA defense is not something you jump into...look at the struggles that Ness had last year. Same could be said for any number of top-end d-men who have come into this league and moved on to the NHL I have no doubt that in the 2 years that you keep Leddy that he will become a big-time player, but for now I like Vande's chances against him 1:1 in the corners.

The number of gopher fans at the Ralph last year had to be the lowest that I have seen in years. What makes you think this series will be any different?

gopherz will do his part and he does a great job at being a solid gophs fan it but the others wont be a factor :( and never will be

gopherz will do his part and he does a great job at being a solid gophs fan it but the others wont be a factor :( and never will be

You know I will do my job AZ, like I said, you'll have no problem picking me out and I'll buy you a drink or something.

I am bringing some more Gopher fans with me this year as well, and you bet your ass we will be loud.

That being said, I know a TON of Gopher fans who wanted to make the trip but the Ralph and UND did a pretty good job of shutting us out this year with the whole pre-sale thing.

Kevin Wehrs has been a two year regular on the blue line and he will barely see the ice this year so that's an indication of the improvement on defense.

The next two weeks will be telling and may set the tone for the whole Gopher season. The Gophers follow up UND with DU, and the Gopher D will either know they have something positive, or wish they had the swine flu. No early season patsies to falsely fatten up your ego with as in past years.

it will be worse. the REA pretty much put a stop to the general public getting tickets to this series....

And rightfully so! There isn't much difference between general public Gopher fans and general population thugs at Riker's Island!

Don Lucia Show: (this is in no way a transcript or quoted statements, just some points made during the interview that i remember in regards to the upcoming weekend)

General views on returning UM team:

*overall, only lost 3 players last year so they're excited about the experience coming back this year. added some good freshmen like Helegeson who will add needed size to the blue line and Taylor Mattson who's coming off injury) Kangas, nothing solidified in net and take it as it comes. looking for his team to be more physical, puck posession team, and stick up for our guys more.

Regarding facing North Dakota this weekend:

*Facing the defending WCHA champs who is coming off 2 wins last weekend. typical UND team-a good skating, go to the net, physical team. Don thought there's no better place to start the season to get his young guys playing in a hostile environment like the Ralph and get team building going. last years drubbing will not have any effect on this year, like revenge factor, although those guys remember what happened.

** best part is that Mike Max kept mentioning that the Gophers were playing UMD Bulldogs about 4 times until Don corrected him. :(

F-THE GOOFERS!

Don Lucia Show: (this is in no way a transcript or quoted statements, just some points made during the interview that i remember in regards to the upcoming weekend)

General views on returning UM team:

*overall, only lost 3 players last year so they're excited about the experience coming back this year. added some good freshmen like Helegeson who will add needed size to the blue line and Taylor Mattson who's coming off injury) Kangas, nothing solidified in net and take it as it comes. looking for his team to be more physical, puck posession team, and stick up for our guys more.

Regarding facing North Dakota this weekend:

*Facing the defending WCHA champs who is coming off 2 wins last weekend. typical UND team-a good skating, go to the net, physical team. Don thought there's no better place to start the season to get his young guys playing in a hostile environment like the Ralph and get team building going. last years drubbing will not have any effect on this year, like revenge factor, although those guys remember what happened.

** best part is that Mike Max kept mentioning that the Gophers were playing UMD Bulldogs about 4 times until Don corrected him. :(

F-THE GOOFERS!

Mike Max is a tool.And yes F-THE GOOFERS!!

I can see this two ways. Either it's good that the Sioux have some games under their belt and the gophers might not be quite ready for D1 competition, or possibly the young Sioux team will have gotten a poor example of and not be ready for the kind of hockey they'll face in the WCHA and be a little shell-shocked at the increased talent level that will be coming at them.

Still, I'd probably be happier having a couple games under my belt and feeling there's a little rust kicked out of the gears.

That and you always hear players say no amount of practice can condtion you like real game conditioning does for you, so I'll take the two games. I don't know if I'm as worried about the freshman being a little shell-shocked at the increased talent level...this group of freshman really appear to have some talent. REALLY impressed with Kristo and Cichy this last weekend. What will put the freshman in a daze (if anything) is the volume level of the Ralph during introductions and the first 5 minutes. Nothing like the atmosphere of Friday night's Sioux/Gopher game.

No not really. WoO came to Grand Forks Twice this summer and I saw them in Fargo as well. Great racing. Just happens to be something I enjoy. I think I am one of the only guys that has had his wife fall asleep in a WoO race though.

Was she on valium or something??? WoO is one of the loudests events I've ever been to.

Was she on Valium or something??? WoO is one of the loudest events I've ever been to.

Nope, we were about 10 years younger and had been to a party the day before and she was hung over and fell asleep.

I think she had ear plugs in. I one of the few people that I know that actually follows this stuff religiously. I am big Donny Schatz Fan.