SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MANITOBA

AZSIOUX

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can tell it's the beginning of the season. The chemistry isn't quite there yet, as is evident from the blind passes to nobody. By the end of the season the boys will know where they expect their linemates to be, and they'll be there.

Is it just me or is Manitoba getting called a lot this period? More so than usual? Is the WCHA trying to be tough again?

Maybe.... but the hit on MacWilliam was fortunate for Manitoba. It was a CFIB.

So far, Manitoba only has had 1 scoring chance.... result? 1-0.

The Sioux have burrowed a hole in Christie's jersey.

Maybe a matter of time, but so far... a lot of playmaking and very little finishing.

Fienage looks a little intimadated out there.

Agreed. Definitely can tell he's hasn't played much game hockey for a while. Both Gleason and McWilliams look great. Also Blood definitely has some confidence. I'm really excited about Gleason though.

-LaPoint looks really good.

-Kristo is speedy and you can tell he has the skill

-MacWilliam played real well after his first shift

-Genoway has been quiet

-Had a few good opportunities...didn't take advantage

Let's hope they start clicking in the 2nd :(

Agreed. Definitely can tell he's hasn't played much game hockey for a while. Both Gleason and McWilliams look great. Also Blood definitely has some confidence. I'm really excited about Gleason though.
Sounds like McWilliams coiuld be the next Matt Greene.Already yakking at the Manitoba bench.Love it.

Blood looks good.

Maybe.... but the hit on MacWilliam was fortunate for Manitoba. It was a CFIB.

So far, Manitoba only has had 1 scoring chance.... result? 1-0.

The Sioux have burrowed a hole in Christie's jersey.

Maybe a matter of time, but so far... a lot of playmaking and very little finishing.

If that's a check from behind then maybe we should all start playing ringette. He caught MacWilliam off balance with a little push of his arm.

I hope the refs let these teams play. The Bison are playing their third game in 48 hours. Making them kill penalties all game shouldn't be what the Sioux are looking for in an exhibition. At least I hope not. U of M comes down every year with the intention of giving the Sioux a good game. They nearly always play this game with some disadvantage and this year is no different.

Maybe the Sioux should be forced to come up to Winnipeg after playing a two game series and then kill penalties for an entire game. We'll see how fast they look under those conditions.

Sounds like McWilliams coiuld be the next Matt Greene.Already yakking at the Manitoba bench.Love it.

Blood looks good.

I think McWilliams is going to be that bruising defenseman that we need, pair him with Blood and I think people are going to want to come dance around the Sioux net too much.

I think McWilliams is going to be that bruising defenseman that we need, pair him with Blood and I think people are going to want to come dance around the Sioux net too much.

I don't think you want to pair our two biggest dmen together.

Put them out there with Genoway and another smaller, more offensive dman and you're set. :(