SiouxSports.com Forum

South Dakota v North Dakota

Yote 53

Game Notes

- Nice to tailgate at home...

- Defense and Offense continues to bland

- Defense gets little to no penetration on teams with big o-lines

- If USD didn't drop 3-4 passes in the game, I believe it would have been a closer game.

- 3rd quarter was awesome until we puked in the last 3 minutes with stupid mistakes and not throwing the ball away

- Wish we could commit more to the I formation and let the RBs beat some D lines down a bit, but pretty good RB game for the Sioux

- Saw the Bison lost at home to a no name conference opponent...Wow, they are eating their own kids at Bisonville...Guys actually calling it quits for watching the herd terds for the rest of the year...Man up and get a pair!

Hockey starts tomorrow baby!!!! God Bless the Fighting Sioux!!!!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping someone was going to say something about the uniforms - I'm not going to be as friendly as you were - they are HORRIBLE! It is the ugliest gawd-awful shade of green I have ever seen in my life!! Not even CLOSE to the correct green. They look like they were washed with a gallon of bleach. Absolutely awful..... if the company didn't have the correct shade of green then they shouldn't have ordered from them...Who ever did order them should be fired.....I couldn't even concentrate on the game for the whole first quarter - couldn't take my eyes off the horrible uniforms. And... no Sioux logo on them anywhere! They used to have a little logo on the neck of the top - no more. HATE, HATE, HATE them...... Was that too harsh??

Buddy, the reason the color is light because they actually changed the uniforms to a kelly green which is our schools official colors... I like the color since it is actually the schools color. http://www.ssb8.net/users/33354/kelly_green.jpg theres a link to the color kelly green and it looks pretty close to me.

I was hoping someone was going to say something about the uniforms - I'm not going to be as friendly as you were - they are HORRIBLE! It is the ugliest gawd-awful shade of green I have ever seen in my life!! Not even CLOSE to the correct green. They look like they were washed with a gallon of bleach. Absolutely awful..... if the company didn't have the correct shade of green then they shouldn't have ordered from them...Who ever did order them should be fired.....I couldn't even concentrate on the game for the whole first quarter - couldn't take my eyes off the horrible uniforms. And... no Sioux logo on them anywhere! They used to have a little logo on the neck of the top - no more. HATE, HATE, HATE them...... Was that too harsh??

It seems to me that the FB team and the BB teams have been shying away from the logo and name the past few years.....Summit League prep?:( The hockey team, on the other hand, seems to embrace both (God bless them)

The good:

-yet another win over USD;

-Sutton and Bamba are legit playmakers, and Landry played his best game thus far;

-offensive line took a huge step forward;

-goal line stand late in the fourth quarter was huge;

-blocked two extra points;

-very good attendance.

The not-so-good:

-Boyle's injury;

-still had some tackling problems;

-far too many rushing yards allowed;

-almost no pass rush;

-kicking game was sub-par today with a missed field goal, a high snap resulting in an unsucessful PAT, and two kickoffs out of bounds.

Overall the good far exceeded the bad--a very good day!

I'll echo everything that UND92,96 said.

This defense can definately be run against, which is concerning especially for the upcoming week since Stony Brook will bring in an extremely talented and effective running attack.

I give alot of credit to the coaching staff and players for the adjustments they made during the half. The 2nd half was nearly a perfect half of football in all phases of the game.

Ty Boyle appeared to be favoring his right knee on the sidelines after his injury.

I liked the dressing up of Alerus to make it more UND-ish.

The new uniforms and helmets look good.

Ismael Bamba could develop into a very special receiver. He has put together a string of 3 consecutive very good games. Took a real stupid penalty though.

4 games played, just one sack. Not good.

Shepard was held in check. Good.

Our marching band needs a baton twirler.

Great turnout. Sold out. Potato Bowl next week, coming off a big win, could we sell out 2 weeks in a row?

- Saw the Bison lost at home to a no name conference opponent...Wow, they are eating their own kids at Bisonville...Guys actually calling it quits for watching the herd terds for the rest of the year...Man up and get a pair!

Someone Twittered me this video. At first glance, I thought it was from Vermillion (It looked FAMILIAR) but you were right Bob! It's getting ugly in the "metro" ...the "MOB" stormed and destroyed Dakotah field on a witchhunt to tar and feather Mr. Clean and ride him (and his fiancee) out of town on a rail....WOW! They're harsh down there! :(:lol:

Linky

The chances of NDSU winning a national title aren't very good right now. I am sure their marketing department will make every one down there feel like there is still a pretty good chance that it will happen though. There so worried about how far they are going to go in the playoffs that they forget they need to just win a football game first.

Buddy, the reason the color is light because they actually changed the uniforms to a kelly green which is our schools official colors... I like the color since it is actually the schools color. http://www.ssb8.net/users/33354/kelly_green.jpg theres a link to the color kelly green and it looks pretty close to me.

Not to be a stickler, OK, to be a stickler, UND's official green color-shade is Pantone 347 in the Pantone color matching system.

See bottom of page in this link: http://www.und.edu/dept/our/html/logosPrint.html#5

The chances of NDSU winning a national title aren't very good right now. I am sure their marketing department will make every one down there feel like there is still a pretty good chance that it will happen though. There so worried about how far they are going to go in the playoffs that they forget they need to just win a football game first.

You mean it takes more than slick marketing and flashy self-aggrandizing promotions to really be something? :(

I see that NDSU is at least ahead of one team in the Missouri Valley conference standings. Indiana State is behind them. But Indiana State hasn't won a game in their conference for years. They are a real doormat. It will come down to the NDSU/Indiana State showdown in a few weeks to see who finishes last in the Missouri conference. It should be a real barn burner. It will indeed be a whale of a game.

I see that NDSU is at least ahead of one team in the Missouri Valley conference standings. Indiana State is behind them. But Indiana State hasn't won a game in their conference for years. They are a real doormat. It will come down to the NDSU/Indiana State showdown in a few weeks to see who finishes last in the Missouri conference. It should be a real barn burner. It will indeed be a whale of a game.

NDSU will be back, but not sure they will be able to do it with Bohl. Over the past few years, NDSU has had some great assistants and it's becoming more and more apparent that they had much to do with NDSU's great transition. Character questions have seemingly always surrounded Bohl, and it seems those issues have seeped into the program as evidences by all the off-field issues. Off field issues almost always have on-field conterparts that affect desire and teamwork.

NDSU will be back, but not sure they will be able to do it with Bohl. Over the past few years, NDSU has had some great assistants and it's becoming more and more apparent that they had much to do with NDSU's great transition. Character questions have seemingly always surrounded Bohl, and it seems those issues have seeped into the program as evidences by all the off-field issues. Off field issues almost always have on-field conterparts that affect desire and teamwork.

Bohl is completely overmatched as a head coach and I fully agree that the Bison will never again experience any kind of success with him at the helm. With that being said I sincerely hope that Gene Taylor continues to keep Craig Bohl as their head coach :(:lol: .

Which according to the box score is the largest home opener attendance ever at the Alerus.

Just to reiterate a point from a different thread, official capacity is 12,283 (according to UND), so this should be classified as a sell-out. I believe this may be the only one since the NDSU game of 2001. A different seating capacity was used in 2001, as that season's numbers included suites and standing room, which have not been included in the official numbers since.

I'll echo everything that UND92,96 said.

This defense can definately be run against, which is concerning especially for the upcoming week since Stony Brook will bring in an extremely talented and effective running attack.

I give alot of credit to the coaching staff and players for the adjustments they made during the half. The 2nd half was nearly a perfect half of football in all phases of the game.

Ty Boyle appeared to be favoring his right knee on the sidelines after his injury.

I liked the dressing up of Alerus to make it more UND-ish.

The new uniforms and helmets look good.

Ismael Bamba could develop into a very special receiver. He has put together a string of 3 consecutive very good games. Took a real stupid penalty though.

4 games played, just one sack. Not good.

Shepard was held in check. Good.

Our marching band needs a baton twirler.

Great turnout. Sold out. Potato Bowl next week, coming off a big win, could we sell out 2 weeks in a row?

I thoroughly enjoyed the entire day - what a turnout. 4:00 games lend themselves to hours of tailgating and socializing. Also was great to see a full student section - you guys and gals need to keep leading the cheers and keeping the noise level high - it looks too funny when us geezers try to do it.

Can't wait for the Potato Bowl - Go Sioux, Sioux Pride!

I have to admit I wasn't sure if I would like the 4:00 start but I think I am going to really like it. It is nice to have the morning off and also have a good part of the evening still left after the game.

I absolutely loved it. More time for pregame activities. And I think the crowd took advantage of it from what I saw. It will be interesting to compare the mood with this weekends game starting at 1PM.

and don't be afriad to ask the AG college....why wouldn't you play us THIS YEAR?:( The answer is they would have got their ass BEAT and embarrassed. Hopefully - they'll try again next year and GET THIER ASS BEAT even worse:-) My money is those pussies will run away again - BIG SUPRISE!! (and STILL claim they're DI and "better" that us based on their loser record in DI...wow!!! :lol:

and don't be afriad to ask the AG college....why wouldn't you play us THIS YEAR?:lol: The answer is they would have got their ass BEAT and embarrassed. Hopefully - they'll try again next year and GET THIER ASS BEAT even worse:-) My money is those pussies will run away again - BIG SUPRISE!! (and STILL claim they're DI and "better" that us based on their loser record in DI...wow!!! :p

I gotta say it was a great reading all the threads that were made after there loss on Saturday. I mean just pure comical. The sky is falling indeed for them :(.

Gotta say they had it coming though with there pompous attitude and smack talking. Karma is a @#$%& !!

Anyways though I surely do enjoy beating USD. Even though I always enjoyed playing Nebraska-Omaha more. Better rivalry IMO. None the less great win to open the season at the Alerus.

GO Sioux!!