SiouxSports.com Forum

South Dakota v North Dakota

Yote 53

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh Oh. Looks like the U is coming in on a bit of a roll. Time to pay you back for last year. GO YOTES, BEAT THE SIOUX!

No, actually we gave up 65 points last week and lost by 34 on the road to Stephen F. Austin. Not really on a roll. :D

Welcome back for game week, yotes fans. I look forward to the game on Saturday. Hopefully the trend of UND having USD's number will continue, although I know it will be a tough game like always. Looking to go 13 of our last 14 against USD since 1996.

By the way, how was the crowd for your game last week against Southeastern Louisiana?

I know that South Dakota is a good football team, they have been gotten better and better since Meierkort took over, and we have had some real battles the last several years with them. But I'm not sure if they are really all that great. They don't strike alot fear in me. It is pretty hard to know anything about them based on who they have played. They got throttled on the road by UNI, the one good team they have faced. They've soundly defeated NAIA William Penn, non-scholarship Drake, and Southeastern Louisiana who's only wins have come against a DII and an NAIA school.

I like the Sioux by 17.

37 North Dakota

20 South Dakota

I know that South Dakota is a good football team, they have been gotten better and better since Meierkort took over, and we have had some real battles the last several years with them. But I'm not sure if they are really all that great. They don't strike alot fear in me. It is pretty hard to know anything about them based on who they have played. They got throttled on the road by UNI, the one good team they have faced.

All true, but this is a UNI team that should have beaten Iowa on the road and a UNI team that probably will bury NDSU by at least 3 TDs at the Fargodome in a couple of weeks.

The thing about USD's team that strikes me as odd is the fact that they use a position player--one of their receivers who actually plays a lot--as their kicker. That's something you almost never see at this level of football.

I really hope Shepard becomes the only quarterback I can ever recall who went 0-4 as a starter against UND. I wouldn't be surprised if that's never happened before.

Not much love for North Dakota in Fox College Sports' game preview....

Prediction: Both teams have suffered humbling blowout losses this season at the hands of FCS opponents (UND lost 61-35 to Stephen F. Austin, USD to Northern Iowa 66-7), but that doesn't make these team equal opponents. South Dakota has a clear advantage on both sides of the ball, with a high-powered, dynamic offense to go along with a staunch, aggressive defense. Their three wins this season have come by 30 or more points and it will take a tremendous effort from the Fighting Sioux to escape the same fate. North Dakota's defense will be challenged all day long. With an effective pass rush, they may be able to partially contain South Dakota's offensive spark, but aside from a major injury, holding these Coyotes to anything less than six touchdowns will be quite the task. Look for South Dakota head coach Ed Meierkort and Co. come out of Grand Forks with a convincing win. South Dakota 45, North Dakota 19

Nice to see the the coverage though on the front page of a national college sports media website.

Not much love for North Dakota in Fox College Sports' game preview....

Nice to see the the coverage though on the front page of a national college sports media website.

If we lose by four scores, on our home field, to an opponent we've owned for most of the past 20 years, a week after being embarrassed, it will be the low water point for the program since the late 1980's IMO. I don't see it happening. USD has a lot to prove before they should be heavily favored on the road against any halfway decent scholarship FCS program.

If we lose by four scores, on our home field, to an opponent we've owned for most of the past 20 years, a week after being embarrassed, it will be the low water point for the program since the late 1980's IMO. I don't see it happening. USD has a lot to prove before they should be heavily favored on the road against any halfway decent scholarship FCS program.

It's interesting that even though both teams suffered blowout losses, the writer determined that USD is far superior based on the weak opponents they have beaten up on?

I'm guessing that if you flipped schedules, UND would be sitting at 3-1 right now with some blowout wins while USD would be lucky to be 1-2 based on how poorly they typically play on the road.

Anyone else online and watching the game? Or am I by myself?

Let's Go Boys! Get the Homecoming Win!

I'm online... but not watching the game :angry: Apparently I can't download stuff on to the work computers so that I can watch it... boo!