SiouxSports.com Forum

Best skill of each new player?

JESUS,family,rutgers

What is the best skill each of the new players brings to the Fighting Sioux ?

GO FIGHTING SIOUX---BEAT MANITOBA !!!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS---BEAT CINCINNATI !!!

I'll take a shot at this, but others may give better answers..

Danny Kristo is a dynamic skater and goal scorer.

Mike Cichy is an excellent playmaker.

Corban Knight is apparently very strong and has good finishing ability.

Andrew MacWilliam is very physical.

Joe Gleason is a great open ice skater.

Not sure about the others..

i think fienaghe will be an impact player this year and i think, barring injury, he will play every night, probably with macwilliam... so yes and yes

Lets hope those two can be a solid third pairing! With Gleason waiting in the wings

Will Fienaghe step up and be an impact player? I see the first two d set with Chay and Blood and Lapoint and Marto....MacWilliam and Fienaghe as a 3rd d?

IMPACT player, I think our defensive guys are going to smash some people in defensive zone.

Will Fienaghe step up and be an impact player? I see the first two d set with Chay and Blood and Lapoint and Marto....MacWilliam and Fienaghe as a 3rd d?

i do as well

genoway-marto-lapoint-blood-finehage-macwilliam

gleason-hill

I want to see what Gleason can do, a player who might surprise some of you I think.

I hope so but i think he will have a pretty big adjustment to make. He is small and did not have a very good ushl season. However, everything starts anew now so here's to hoping Joe can make an impact.

I want to see what Gleason can do, a player who might surprise some of you I think.

saying he could be the 7th guy isnt saying hes not a good player. he wouldnt be coming to und if he wasnt. he will be a very good player for the sioux, i just think it will take some time due to numbers and who we have right now. the guy can skate and move that pcuk

I hope so but i think he will have a pretty big adjustment to make. He is small and did not have a very good ushl season. However, everything starts anew now so here's to hoping Joe can make an impact.

Not saying Gleason can or will do the same, but Jake Marto wasn't hyped coming out of the USHL becasue he didn't put up the numbers Derrick Lapoint did, but he sure has performed above expectations.

Not saying Gleason can or will do the same, but Jake Marto wasn't hyped coming out of the USHL becasue he didn't put up the numbers Derrick Lapoint did, but he sure has performed above expectations.

Agreed Marto must be the fastest skater on the team! Wow can he skate...

I'd like to see something similar to that fastest skater competition on the team for UND players. The matchup? Marto vs. Kristo.

Throw Genoway in there as well.

Those three can skate.

I'm excited to see Kristo play for the Sioux. All I keep hearing about is how fast he is on the ice. When was the last time we had a true speedster forward at UND? Spiewak? We've had some fast skaters since Spiewak...but none as fast as him that I recall.

Throw Genoway in there as well.

Those three can skate.

I'm excited to see Kristo play for the Sioux. All I keep hearing about is how fast he is on the ice. When was the last time we had a true speedster forward at UND? Spiewak? We've had some fast skaters since Spiewak...but none as fast as him that I recall.

We are going to find out in about 4 1/2 - 5 weeks. I do not believe how fast this summer has gone.

The days are getting shorter, the weather... Well it wasn't that good anyways, but the feeling of hockey is in the air.