SiouxSports.com Forum

Thanks for Everything Denny!

siouxforeverbaby

I have not seen this posted, but either way...it deserves a thread.

One Last Zamboni Ride

Denny Gunderson, the Zamboni driver at the Ralph has decided to retire with this week being his last week. The article goes into how well he has cared for the ice and how long he has been doing this.

I just wanted to tell him thanks and for always having a smile at hockey games and when he cleaned the ice right before ice skating class for us....PS: that made it really slippery for skating...I only fell twice that day!!!!

I have not seen this posted, but either way...it deserves a thread.

One Last Zamboni Ride

Denny Gunderson, the Zamboni driver at the Ralph has decided to retire with this week being his last week. The article goes into how well he has cared for the ice and how long he has been doing this.

I just wanted to tell him thanks and for always having a smile at hockey games and when he cleaned the ice right before ice skating class for us....PS: that made it really slippery for skating...I only fell twice that day!!!!

Denny is an institution at the REA.

We were all pretty stoned, so it wasn't all that bad.

I would've hated to have to go through it without a buzz on, though.

I also went through the Bjorkman era and do not remember any chicken . Could you please be more time specific as to when you attended and when exactly this incident took place.

It would've been to your left, toward the zamboni exit/entrance. I wish my memory was not so foggy (about this and other things from that era :sad: ). You would've seen me right above the visitor's box when you worked the penalty box. Somehow a seat was always available to me. I always wore a referee's shirt.

It would've been to your left, toward the zamboni exit/entrance. I wish my memory was not so foggy (about this and other things from that era :sad: ). You would've seen me right above the visitor's box when you worked the penalty box. Somehow a seat was always available to me. I always wore a referee's shirt.

Hey, that's the area I used to sit in the Old Ralph (1993 to 2000)! Perfect place to heckle opposing players in the box. Man, do I miss that place.

I had the opportunity to work with Denny for three years(1983-85) while working in the athletic dept. Always a smile on his face and a great guy to work with. I hope they give him life time passes to hockey games at UND for his work. Just imagine seeing all the games that he has and he probably never sat in a seat in the arena! Enjoy retirement Denny!

That means that you would have been pretty close to Dave Suess. I think that his specialty was a long trench coat and harrassing the opposing team member in the box.

...I was not around in the 70s when all of the interesting things that you all talk about doing where happening.

Things weren't that interesting.

Colorful, to be sure.

Chaotic at times.

But not particularly interesting.

I attended UND from 2004-2009, so relatively recently. What I was referring to is the fact that I was not around in the 70s when all of the interesting things that you all talk about doing where happening.

I was curious as to when you attended. You were not around during the lean years. The team was not as successfull as it has been in the last 25years so to speak. However it was college hockey and Sioux Hockey just to be at the games at ice level knowing all the players as I did made for some interesting times.

We were usually above you several rows; thought the referee shirt and trenchcoat guys were nuts (and possibly dangerous) ;)