SiouxSports.com Forum

TV Coverage.........

bincitysioux

I sure hope we get more than one game televised. Even USD has announced that they will have 4 home games televised by Mid-Continent this year. Even a Coyote Volleyball game is going to be televised! They have a very similar deal with Midco that UND does, but they utilize it alot better.

I sure hope we get more than one game televised. Even USD has announced that they will have 4 home games televised by Mid-Continent this year. Even a Coyote Volleyball game is going to be televised! They have a very similar deal with Midco that UND does, but they utilize it alot better.

The Bison have three. Two on KXJB 4 and I don't remember the other. So.....I hope the Sioux have more than just the one like last year, too.

The Bison have three. Two on KXJB 4 and I don't remember the other. So.....I hope the Sioux have more than just the one like last year, too.

Two on KVLY and other ND NBC networks and one as part of the MVFC deal with FSN. The one with MVFC will be either live or tape delayed on FSN-Midwest, FSN-North, one of the FCS channels, or some combination of the three. They are normally live on FSN-Midwest and one of the FCS feeds, but this game(NDSU/UNI) would make more sense on FSN-North because of the coverage areas. It's got a decent chance of being live because there are no Twins or Gopher hockey games scheduled for that day/time, but that's not a guarantee. You are going to learn(if you haven't already) that getting football games regionally broadcast is next to impossible. You've got a shot with an FBS game(indications are that our Iowa State game will be on ESPN2 or ESPNU), but getting on FSN means avoiding the Twins, T-Wolves, Gopher hockey, and sometimes even the Lynx. FSN was interested in two Bison games last year, but we couldn't move the start time of one of the games because it was homecoming, and all the FSN networks were obligated to show the same national game when we were playing the Bunnies. The year before that, FSN also wanted to televise the Dakota Marker game, but SDSU wouldn't let them(it was in Brookings). We hope that FSN is interested again this year and the new SDSU AD will allow it. I actually want Big Ten hockey to happen just so Gopher hockey games move to the Big Ten Network and free up the FSN air time for Bison football.

• 4 weeks later...
We're only a few weeks away from the season starting......does anyone know if ANY of the FB games wil be on the tube?

Hopefully either ForumComm(WDAY/Z) or Hoak(KXJB/KVLY) will pick up the SLCTV broadcast of the Northwestern State game on Sept 19th. It's already being beamed up to a satellite, so it should just be a case of negotiating for broadcast rights.

Unbelievable that FSSN/WDAZ has not announced a new agreement yet, if there is to be one. Usually a football game or two is available FTA via FSSN, prior years the deal (and TV schedule) has been announced by now. They're really placing a lot of Sioux fans, that have fixed systems, as well as those that want to install new ones, in scrambling mode.

I'm not so sure I want a whole lot of home games on TV. It kind of kills the attendance. However I am all for the road games being on TV.

This is a myth. The more people exposed to a quality product, the more want to be a part of it live. It has been demonstrated many times over.

Hopefully either ForumComm(WDAY/Z) or Hoak(KXJB/KVLY) will pick up the SLCTV broadcast of the Northwestern State game on Sept 19th. It's already being beamed up to a satellite, so it should just be a case of negotiating for broadcast rights.

I've heard that there is a very good chance that the Northwestern St. game will be on FSSN.

I'm not so sure I want a whole lot of home games on TV. It kind of kills the attendance.

Completely disagree. It is a 3 hour advertisement for the University.

Unbelievable that FSSN/WDAZ has not announced a new agreement yet, if there is to be one. Usually a football game or two is available FTA via FSSN, prior years the deal (and TV schedule) has been announced by now. They're really placing a lot of Sioux fans, that have fixed systems, as well as those that want to install new ones, in scrambling mode.

Should be released soon, they are just dotting I's and crossing T's. I think there will be football & basketball games televised this year.

On the contrary, it actually boosts attendance. Maybe not so much on that particular day, but in the future. If people are exposed to the product on TV maybe they'll attend a game in the future that they may not have attended without having first been exposed to the product via television. Keeping games off TV in an attempt to boost attendance is thinking small.

Come on , people......doesn't anyone know anything?

FSSN Schedule..............

4 football games this season, including one away game.

Nice. :D

September 19, 2009 (Saturday) at Northwestern State 6:07 PM

October 3, 2009 (Saturday) South Dakota 4:07 PM

October 17, 2009 (Saturday) Sioux Falls 1:07 PM

October 31, 2009 (Saturday) Cal Poly 4:07 PM

That is great news! Having the first road game of the year vs NWS on Tv is huge.

Now its up to the team to put up wins for the TV audience.

....and up to the athletic department to do some marketing.

This is great news for sports fanatics -- that'd be all of us -- who frequent this board. But it's also a great opportunity to pique the curiosity of casual fans and draw new interest both for the university and all of its teams. I hope we have the foresight (and the resources) to advertise all the TV games across the FSSN coverage area. Too often in the past, the broadcast schedule has been like a state secret.