SiouxSports.com Forum

Omaha is in - from Keinv Pates blog

star2city

According to twitter.com/QuickFacts both teams start their WCHA league play in 2010-11 season. Now I wonder who's the new rivals?

My guesses: UMD-Bemidji; and UNO-MSUM. Think everything else stays the same. This is assuming that UAA and Tech are rivals now, as I think they are. I think the whole rival thing sucks, so I haven't paid a lot of attention to it, other than UND-SCSU, and UM-UW.

Congrats to BSU - To coach Serratore and the rest of the Beavers...who've proven they can be the big fish in a little pond.

The challenge now is swim with the big fish in THE big pond but I think it's great you've gotten that chance with a shiny new arena going up. I could give 2 s*hits about UNO's prospects in this league but if that's what it took to bring the Beavers into the league - fine - guess we'll see how Blaiser can elevate a perennial 6th place finisher in the CCHA :) Best o'luck Dean!!

Congrats to BSU - To coach Serratore and the rest of the Beavers...who've proven they can be the big fish in a little pond.

The challenge now is swim with the big fish in THE big pond but I think it's great you've gotten that chance with a shiny new arena going up. I could give 2 s*hits about UNO's prospects in this league but if that's what it took to bring the Beavers into the league - fine - guess we'll see how Blaiser can elevate a perennial 6th place finisher in the CCHA :) Best o'luck Dean!!

I understand where you are coming from with the UNO comment....but.....(without Blais) which team do you think would be more successful in the WCHA? With Blais it's definitive that UNO will likely be the better team, but even without, I think UNO would still place higher than BSU. The reason I say that is you make it seem like BSU is a better team, and therefore a better fit, for the WCHA based on your comment about UNO being a perennial 6th place team (which is even high by their past standards).

UNO and MSUM already have somewhat of a rivalry, IIRC.

The only nonconference rivalries that I can think of that are more notable with WCHA teams are UAA vs UAF and MTU vs. NMU.

On a selfish note: I can now watch Sioux hockey live! YAY!!!!!!! Well in the 2010 season anyways.

The additions of UNO and Bemidji can't be good for the aspirations of MSU-Moorhead. I would think the job of fund raising for hockey just got a whole lot harder. Additionally, this will have also completely shut the door on NDSU contemplating hockey, if the door was even open at this point.

According to twitter.com/QuickFacts both teams start their WCHA league play in 2010-11 season. Now I wonder who's the new rivals?

maybe with the 12 team scheduling there won't be any "rivals". from my understanding if they adopted the cluster format used by the ccha everything rotates so there there aren't any "rivals" if I'm wrong please correct me.

maybe with the 12 team scheduling there won't be any "rivals". from my understanding if they adopted the cluster format used by the ccha everything rotates so there there aren't any "rivals" if I'm wrong please correct me.

That is incorrect. The CCHA uses rivalry pairings, and the clusters are created each season by putting two pairings together across three clusters. The clustering rotates every year creating a five-year cycle. I hope that was clearer than mud. :)

That is incorrect. The CCHA uses rivalry pairings, and the clusters are created each season by putting two pairings together across three clusters. The clustering rotates every year creating a five-year cycle. I hope that was clearer than mud. :)

yes it was. thanks.