SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Hockey Off-Season Thread

AZSIOUX

For those who might be interested:

Hockey Academy Grand Opening

The public is invited to view the recently completed Hockey Skill Center from 5 to 9 p.m. Thursday in Ralph Engelstad Arena. Guests who bring equipment are welcome to try out the new synthetic ice.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/arti...342/group/home/

http://www.theralph.com/asp/default.asp?p=63

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about former area goaltenders?

i know that meland kid from red river last year is attending and planning on playing club hockey. to bad we couldn't land his older brother great talent that decided to go to princton instead. would of been nice to have another local kid on the roster next year.

hf oilers top 25 prospects - chorneys also #13

12 (8) Chris Vande Velde, C, 22

Acquired: 2005 draft, 97th overall

Some players crumble under the pressure of newfound accountability. With North Dakota, Vande Velde was used as a bigger and bigger part of the team offense and season after season has fulfilled the larger demands.

A meager start of three goals in 38 games his freshman year has metamorphosed into an 18-goal, 35-point season in 2008-09.

He

hf oilers top 25 prospects - chorneys also #13

12 (8) Chris Vande Velde, C, 22

Acquired: 2005 draft, 97th overall

Some players crumble under the pressure of newfound accountability. With North Dakota, Vande Velde was used as a bigger and bigger part of the team offense and season after season has fulfilled the larger demands.

A meager start of three goals in 38 games his freshman year has metamorphosed into an 18-goal, 35-point season in 2008-09.

He

per brad

Pierre-Paul Lamoureux joins UND

There will be no Battle of the Lamoureuxs this year during the October exhibition.

Pierre-Paul Lamoureux has traded in his University of Manitoba jersey for the green and white, like pretty much the rest of his family.

Pierre-Paul won't be playing (he's not eligible because he played in the WHL), but he'll be a student-assistant for the men's team. After a few shoulder injuries, he decided it was time to quit playing competitively. Pierre-Paul has been around the rink this summer.

The only family member who hasn't gone to UND will now be Jacques, who was a Hobey Baker finalist at Air Force last year.

I would dispute that qoute. I believe that is something Mr. Eidsness must do a better job of this season to put himself in the class of "elite" goalies in college hockey.

It was a game by game situation last year. Some games he didn't give up rebounds at all, and some games it appeared he felt sorry for the other team and gave them another chance.

Which "elite" goalies in college hockey would you like him to be? The one that gave up 6 six goals or the one that gave up 8? The only game that I can think that it was his fault was that horrible game in New Hampshire. I am still trying to get that game out of my head.

Which "elite" goalies in college hockey would you like him to be? The one that gave up 6 six goals or the one that gave up 8? The only game that I can think that it was his fault was that horrible game in New Hampshire. I am still trying to get that game out of my head.

to eids defense a little bit, he did give up six but the defense in front of him was horrible that game. that being said there were a few goals he allowed that game that never should have went in, like the last one.

The first goal against UMD in the Final Five was one that sticks in my mind. The game against UNH was a HORRIBLE TEAM effort.

That being said, I think we can expect Eids to be better next season. Aaron Dell is going to push him and he will have some competition, hence his on ice play should be improved. I think as a freshman he did pretty decent.

if there was one thing it was rebounds but besides that the guy was so good playing almost every game as a freshman. he showed he can be the real deal for the sioux. dell will play this year as well and that will be great for brad having someoen in practice and games pushing him. only can make you better in any sport!!

if there was one thing it was rebounds but besides that the guy was so good playing almost every game as a freshman. he showed he can be the real deal for the sioux. dell will play this year as well and that will be great for brad having someone in practice and games pushing him. only can make you better in any sport!!

Good point not a lot of goalies play almost every game their freshman year.

per brad

Captains to be announced today

UND will name its captains later this afternoon. I'm off to the rink to find out who they are. Any last guesses?

Past captains under Dave Hakstol

2008-09 -- Ryan Duncan

2007-08 -- Rylan Kaip

2006-07 -- Chris Porter

2005-06 -- Matt Smaby

2004-05 -- Matt Greene

per brad

Captains to be announced today

UND will name its captains later this afternoon. I'm off to the rink to find out who they are. Any last guesses?

Past captains under Dave Hakstol

2008-09 -- Ryan Duncan

2007-08 -- Rylan Kaip

2006-07 -- Chris Porter

2005-06 -- Matt Smaby

2004-05 -- Matt Greene

My guess Chay gets the C, VV, Zajac and Lamoroex get the A's.