SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Hockey Off-Season Thread

AZSIOUX

Extremely disappointing if you ask me. Frattin was poised to have a big season, and I was looking forward to seeing him skate with Malone and VV. But I guess you can't fix stupid. It does make me wonder if Corban Knight is getting a phone call though.

...or Danny Mattson?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the roster should look like this it it stays like is and the only thing is adding a 3rd goalie

F

VANDEVELDE

ZAJAC

MALONE

TRUPP

DAVIDSON

GREGOIRE

HEXTALL

LAMOUREUX

TOEWS

CICHY

KRISTO

ROWNEY

BRUNETEAU

?

D

GENOWAY

LAPOINT

MARTO

BLOOD

FIENHAGE

MACWILLIAM

GLEASON

HILL

G

EIDSNESS

DELL

?

took frattin off. i jhave to believe knight or mattson will be enroled right away

We don't have enough forwards. 13 isn't very many especially if the Sioux get into injury trouble.

they will replace frattin with someone and we will have 14 forwards which we were gona have with frattin

No knock on Mattson, but I hope Hakstol brings in Knight.

No doubt. From all the knowledge gained about Mattson over the last 4 months or so, I'd say he definitely needs another year before coming to UND. On the flipside, as already mentioned, Knight seems much more college ready.

No doubt. From all the knowledge gained about Mattson over the last 4 months or so, I'd say he definitely needs another year before coming to UND. On the flipside, as already mentioned, Knight seems much more college ready.

i would bet on knight to come in

In other WCHA team news:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/blogs/2009/...rphy_schroeder/

Rumors floating around that Vancouver wants to sign Schroeder and have him go the CHL route for a season.

If you're asking why would Schroeder leave university to play junior hockey, my guess is the Canucks aren't that happy with the Gophers program right now. And if Patrick White is staying in Minny, then that might also tell you how the Canucks feel about him and his progress within the Gophers system.

Not exactly a glowing endorsement of the UMN coaching staff/program. But to be fair, this is written by a Canadian journalist, so he will of course be slanted towards the CHL vs NCAA.

I really don't see this happening, but I guess we'll see what happens. Should be interesting.

In other WCHA team news:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/blogs/2009/...rphy_schroeder/

Rumors floating around that Vancouver wants to sign Schroeder and have him go the CHL route for a season.

Not exactly a glowing endorsement of the UMN coaching staff/program. But to be fair, this is written by a Canadian journalist, so he will of course be slanted towards the CHL vs NCAA.

I really don't see this happening, but I guess we'll see what happens. Should be interesting.

saw this as well, funny that some discredit blogs. there is a big difference between a fan blog and a reporters blog. just a faster way to report some news really. i say jordan stays at minnesota and then leaves as soon as they are done and yes not a great endorsement as well no matter that college team if could ahve been

If Knight is the replacement, then I'd have to say this year's freshman class of forwards is about as good as it gets, as a whole. AJHL ROY (Knight), Playoff MVP (Rowney), and two USHL All-Stars who were both at the World Juniors camp. Not bad.

If Knight is the replacement, then I'd have to say this year's freshman class of forwards is about as good as it gets, as a whole. AJHL ROY (Knight), Playoff MVP (Rowney), and two USHL All-Stars who were both at the World Juniors camp. Not bad.

very very solid if so!! four guys that will come in right away and a few will play big roles!

saw this as well, funny that some discredit blogs. there is a big difference between a fan blog and a reporters blog. just a faster way to report some news really. i say jordan stays at minnesota and then leaves as soon as they are done and yes not a great endorsement as well no matter that college team if could ahve been

AZ is right Jordan has said and Brad has confirmed that he is staying at UofMN.

per brad

Knight's the guy

It has been confirmed that Corban Knight will join the Sioux this fall. Knight said that he will make the drive from his hometown of High River, Alta., to Grand Forks tomorrow. Classes start next week. Knight will wear No. 10.