SiouxSports.com Forum

Good Luck Duncan

gfhockey

May I spell A-L-L T-I-M-E S-T-U-D H-O-R-S-E !?!

Duncan has well shown over the last four years that he will

well succeed in anything that he chooses to do over the next forty years.

Sure was a fun ride for all of us fans, for his teammates, for his family, and for him.

Now, the ride just moves to a different track. Same horse, different track.

Good luck to Duncan! He'll be my 8 yo's favorite for a long, long time.

So, WTF is a "Sound Tiger"? Will we soon have "Smell Lions"? Or "Sight Eagles"? Or "Taste Bears"?

Seriously?? "Sound Tigers"? I obviously don't get it. ???

Bridgeport Sound........Tigers.

Good luck to Duncan! He'll be my 8 yo's favorite for a long, long time.

So, WTF is a "Sound Tiger"? Will we soon have "Smell Lions"? Or "Sight Eagles"? Or "Taste Bears"?

Seriously?? "Sound Tigers"? I obviously don't get it. ???

Could it possibly be part of the geographical name "Bridgeport Sound," like "Puget Sound"? OTH, I've heard certain breeds of dogs referred to as "scent hounds" and "sight hounds," so idk.

Bridgeport Sound........Tigers.

I realize that... that's what I used to think. However, look at their press releases. http:\\www.soundtigers.com

Do a google search.

Wolf Pack Double up Sound Tigers, 4-2

Bears Declaw Sound Tigers to Reclaim ...

The first pro hat trick by Bridgeport's Sean Bentivoglio offset the first pro goals by River Rats Cory Quirk and Jamie McBain as the Sound Tigers clinched a ...

Bizarro. Maybe someone from out there can explain.

The only reason I wonder about this is because the blip that Dan Hammer has been reading on 740 The Fan all day says Bridgeport SOUND Tigers (like the CFL's "Tiger-Cats"), and not Bridgeport Sound TIGERS, as I thought it would be. Had the time to kill so I've been looking on Google to prove Dan wrong... can't seem to do it. ???

I realize that... that's what I used to think. However, look at their press releases. http:\\www.soundtigers.com

Do a google search.

Bizarro. Maybe someone from out there can explain.

The only reason I wonder about this is because the blip that Dan Hammer has been reading on 740 The Fan all day says Bridgeport SOUND Tigers (like the CFL's "Tiger-Cats"), and not Bridgeport Sound TIGERS, as I thought it would be. Had the time to kill so I've been looking on Google to prove Dan wrong... can't seem to do it. ???

I wouldn't put too much stock into Dan Hammer's pronunciation. I think "Sound Tigers" is just slang, or a way to shorten it up. I still think it's Bridgeport Sound........Tigers.

I can'find anything that proves it to be Bridgeport Sound ..... Tigers. Everything points to Bridgeport ..... Sound Tigers.

There logo is another indication.

200px-BridgeportSoundTigers.png

Yeah, after this discussion started I went out and did some more research. I tend to agree by looking at the logo, website, etc. They are located right on the Long Island Sound, so I'd think that the Sound Tigers are "Tigers from the Long Island Sound" and not "hearing Tigers" or "Tigers that you can hear"!

Man, I never thought I'd spend that much energy researching the Sound Tigers. I stand corrected! ???

Yeah, after this discussion started I went out and did some more research. I tend to agree by looking at the logo, website, etc. They are located right on the Long Island Sound, so I'd think that the Sound Tigers are "Tigers from the Long Island Sound" and not "hearing Tigers" or "Tigers that you can hear"!

Man, I never thought I'd spend that much energy researching the Sound Tigers. I stand corrected! ???

Chalk it up to learning something new. Now, if it ever comes up in a trivia question. . . . you will be ready! :)

agreed. Who would have thought this morning that I'd waste a bunch of time researching this topic?? :)