SiouxSports.com Forum

2009 Bracket challenge

jimdahl

As usual, this is the "soft launch" of the bracket challenge. Message board denizens should go check it out, try to fill it out, and point out any problems. Despite USCHO posting it wrong for a while (as usual), I feel like I got the regions right this year (East plays Northeast and West plays Midwest :lol: ).

Assuming no problems are found, I'll throw it open to the world on the front page tomorrow.

2009 NCAA Men's Ice Hockey bracket challenge

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual, this is the "soft launch" of the bracket challenge. Message board denizens should go check it out, try to fill it out, and point out any problems. Despite USCHO posting it wrong for a while (as usual), I feel like I got the regions right this year (East plays Northeast and West plays Midwest :lol: ).

Assuming no problems are found, I'll throw it open to the world on the front page tomorrow.

2009 NCAA Men's Ice Hockey bracket challenge

wasn't there in the past a button to let you see who was picking whom in the matchups? Or does that not kick in until you lock the brackets when the puck drops?

wasn't there in the past a button to let you see who was picking whom in the matchups? Or does that not kick in until you lock the brackets when the puck drops?

Yeah, it's just a labor-intensive manual process to update the brackets each year and all I got done last night was the submission form. I'll get the "consensus picks" up tonight or tomorrow. Should be interesting to see how many Sioux fans give BU the nod -- I'm guessing at least 25% (which, historically, would be very high).

I am not ashamed of my homer tendencies.

I pick BU to beat OSU, and North Dakota to beat UNH in the NE regional. In the finale, I have the Sioux coming out on top and marching on Washington.

In the East, I choose Air Force (and Mars' brother, Jacques Lamoureux) to beat Michigan, Catamounts to beat Elis and Air Force to beat Vermont to advance to F4.

In the West, Denver beats Miami, Duluth beats Princeton. Duluth over Denver in the deja vu game, to continue the Dogs' fairy tale season with a trip to the Frozen 4.

In Midwest, Notre Dame to handle Bemidji. Northeastern to do the same to Cornell and Northeastern to go to DC after ending the luck of the Irish in the finale.

In the F4, the Sioux beat Air Force and Duluth beats Northeastern, putting Duluth and North Dakota in the title game where it's Midnight for Cinderella. In the championship, the Sioux find the key and open up Stalock like a canned ham. Sioux win title #8.

Yeah, it's just a labor-intensive manual process to update the brackets each year and all I got done last night was the submission form. I'll get the "consensus picks" up tonight or tomorrow. Should be interesting to see how many Sioux fans give BU the nod -- I'm guessing at least 25% (which, historically, would be very high).

count me as one of that possible 25%.

I tried filling out the bracket and typed in my username and password and it said Incorrect Password. Tried again and got the same error. I know I typed in the right sign in info. Not sure whats going on...

I tried filling out the bracket and typed in my username and password and it said Incorrect Password. Tried again and got the same error. I know I typed in the right sign in info. Not sure whats going on...

i know in the past it had to do with numbers or symbols or even spaces in your password? i believe some had that issue last year? you will have to defer to jim on how to get past that.

i know in the past it had to do with numbers or symbols or even spaces in your password? i believe some had that issue last year? you will have to defer to jim on how to get past that.

Yeah, there was some weird stuff for people with symbols in their username (because the message board software stored the symbols differently so I was looking up the wrong name), which I thought was pretty well fixed. However, that issue shouldn't apply to passwords, though I suppose their could be some similar issue.

Lobo, I'll follow up with you in a PM later.

Let's see how well my guesses are; they're usually so-so but I have UND facing UND with North Dakota beating Notre Dame in the final. It's fighting Sioux versus fighting Irish.

oh funny. I have it the opposite. Notre Dame beating us. Baby steps... win a frozen four semifinal game. :lol:

I'm usually terrible at brackets, so we'll see how I do. Last year I was screwed after the first day with all the upsets.

...In the F4, the Sioux beat Air Force and Duluth beats Northeastern, putting Duluth and North Dakota in the title game where it's Midnight for Cinderella...

This is the first time in a LONG time I've considered the Sioux to be Cinderella. This should bode well for your guys.

Gotta go with a WCHA Championship pair up. UMD Bulldogs lose to UND Fighting Sioux in the Championship game. ;)

I picked the same thing, that would be such an awesome championship match up, (fingers crossed) & (knock on wood) :lol:

I have butterflies in my stomach, and they will not go away, i am so excited and nervous at the same time, I cant wait for Sunday morning at 5am, i will not sleep saturday night i will be to excited.

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!

Assuming .7% means only 1 person, I was the only one who voted for Miami to get as far as they did... Boy, a lot of you are going to be wrong.

and i have the upset of the tourney picked as well - fear the mighty BEAVERS :lol:

I am not ashamed of my homer tendencies.

I pick BU to beat OSU, and North Dakota to beat UNH in the NE regional. In the finale, I have the Sioux coming out on top and marching on Washington.

In the East, I choose Air Force (and Mars' brother, Jacques Lamoureux) to beat Michigan, Catamounts to beat Elis and Air Force to beat Vermont to advance to F4.

In the West, Denver beats Miami, Duluth beats Princeton. Duluth over Denver in the deja vu game, to continue the Dogs' fairy tale season with a trip to the Frozen 4.

In Midwest, Notre Dame to handle Bemidji. Northeastern to do the same to Cornell and Northeastern to go to DC after ending the luck of the Irish in the finale.

In the F4, the Sioux beat Air Force and Duluth beats Northeastern, putting Duluth and North Dakota in the title game where it's Midnight for Cinderella. In the championship, the Sioux find the key and open up Stalock like a canned ham. Sioux win title #8.

Hmmmmm - Some of those picks make me wonder if I missed out on what you were drinking at Hoggsbreath! :lol:

Stalock and the Dogs played out of their minds this weekend. Great for them. BUT, this team DID finish 7th in the WCHA. UMD plays so up and down. After a weekend high, I can easily see them following it with a weekend low.

People jump on the bandwagons way too quick...which isn't surprising considering how many people around here are Vikings/Twins fans.

Stalock and the Dogs played out of their minds this weekend. Great for them. BUT, this team DID finish 7th in the WCHA. UMD plays so up and down. After a weekend high, I can easily see them following it with a weekend low.

People jump on the bandwagons way too quick...which isn't surprising considering how many people around here are Vikings/Twins fans.

i think i have DU beating them if i remember right. they are very hot right now. no doubt. i just think if they get DU again with bozak back it could go the other way. just a hunch and that being said im sure rooting for umd in that regional as a fan, the beavers in theirs, air force in theirs with lamoureux and of course the sioux :lol:

i think i have DU beating them if i remember right. they are very hot right now. no doubt. i just think if they get DU again with bozak back it could go the other way. just a hunch and that being said im sure rooting for umd in that regional as a fan, the beavers in theirs, air force in theirs with lamoureux and of course the sioux :lol:

Bozak will help, but it's not easy to come back and produce right away, especially in a tournament situation. 1) He'll be rusty. 2) He'll be unsure of his leg. 3) The chemistry won't be there.

If he came back two weekends ago, yeah, he might be a big threat. I just don't think he'll come in and be the superstar again right away.

DU is still skilled, and will be tough. I really hope someone trips them up.

Back-to-back weekends at the Xcel will be nice for DU and UMD.

Bozak will help, but it's not easy to come back and produce right away, especially in a tournament situation. 1) He'll be rusty. 2) He'll be unsure of his leg. 3) The chemistry won't be there.

If he came back two weekends ago, yeah, he might be a big threat. I just don't think he'll come in and be the superstar again right away.

DU is still skilled, and will be tough. I really hope someone trips them up.

Back-to-back weekends at the Xcel will be nice for DU and UMD.

who knows on bozak. i agree its not easy but i guess we will see. the regional is at mariucci but i get what your saying :lol: