SiouxSports.com Forum

2009 Bracket challenge

jimdahl

I looked at a handful of brackets and it seems as if there's a problem with the Midwest Regional. For everyone it shows Notre Dame winning, no winner in the semifinal between NE and Cornell, and NE going to the Frozen Four.

Just a heads up.

After Vermont's win, I'll be 2/3 with all my FF picks still left. Didn't see the AF win coming.

Edit -- it all looks ok to me, now (I was working on it when you wrote this message). Let me know if you still see anything that looks wrong.

The Notre Dame vs Bemidji cell was misplaced below the game instead of to the right of it, but everyone did pick Notre Dame to win (almost). :D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, yeah, thanks. Those links shouldn't have been live yet, I'm still working on that. Sorry.

I just got the leaderboard working, am working on the individual bracket views now -- try again in about 10 mins.

No worries. Just thought you'd like to know in case you missed that. Not a big deal since no one is playing from there anyways.

Early results are in.

Leaderboard

With 2 games in the books, just 6 people still have a perfect sheet. 5 of those picked UND to win it all, 4 in a title game vs. UMD.

Can't you list those of with the same number of points in reverse alphabetical order? Just kidding. You do a great job on all these statisticky thingamajigs.

This has got to be one of the most messed up brackets in a long time.

I forgot to join, but don't worry... I'd be 0-for-everything.

And I can't for the sake of me understand why some people had Miami beating DU. DU may be slumping, but seriously, Miami has so many similarities to SCSU that even now I couldn't imagine picking them over almost any other team... certainly most teams in the HEA, CCHA, or WCHA. I think Miami could beat a Princeton or a Vermont or a Yale. Up until a few moments ago, I would also have placed BSU in that category. Now, I'm not so certain.

And I can't for the sake of me understand why some people had Miami beating DU. DU may be slumping, but seriously, Miami has so many similarities to SCSU that even now I couldn't imagine picking them over almost any other team... certainly most teams in the HEA, CCHA, or WCHA. I think Miami could beat a Princeton or a Vermont or a Yale. Up until a few moments ago, I would also have placed BSU in that category. Now, I'm not so certain.

I could sit here and explain why I picked Miami for a long time, but won't. However, I don't see how anyone could have picked AF or BSU. Those two had me fooled.

Well, any way you put it, this year the WCHA laid an egg.

Right now the Frozen Four has 2 HEA teams in it (Vermont and BU/UNH), at least one CCHA team (Miami at this point), and maybe an ECAC or CHA team.

Wow.

Expect ESPN to basically spend 90% of their coverage on BU/UNH/UVM: whichever makes it to the Frozen Four. The others are also-rans (with the exception of perhaps Cornell if they make it).

This will be an unusual frozen four. Seems set up for an easy BU championship, except if everything goes like it has the last two days UNH will win. Sure would be nice to see Bemidji get there today. Maybe the WCHA can do any early acceptance vote and claim them for the tourney.

I sure as heck didn't see it coming. Hell, did anybody here at least pick the Midwest bracket right?? :lol::)

It sure was a wild time in Grand Rapids this weekend. :D

I sure as heck didn't see it coming. Hell, did anybody here at least pick the Midwest bracket right?? :lol::)

It sure was a wild time in Grand Rapids this weekend. :D

I only picked one wrong game outside of the Midwest and that was the Mich/AF game. However, I was 0-3 in the Midwest regional.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wonder what you were on when you picked these teams! Anyone in there right mind should've picked Notre Dame and Michigan to win. Although I did pick Miami over DU, only because of wishful thinking, not AT ALL because of logic. Congrats Big A HG!

I just wonder what you were on when you picked these teams! Anyone in there right mind should've picked Notre Dame and Michigan to win. Although I did pick Miami over DU, only because of wishful thinking, not AT ALL because of logic. Congrats Big A HG!

The Miami thing I had my logic and karma. Others were logic and just gut feelings. I got smoked in the midwest bracket, but only had one wrong the whole rest of it. Call it luck or call it skill...

Thank you, thank you very much! :silly::silly:

As he suggested, Big A HG indeed blew away the field by predicting a BU over Miami final. Out of 15 games, chock full of upsets, he missed only 4. It's worth noting that miles1416 also predicted BU over Miami for the final, but didn't pick up as many points in the opening round due to a little too much faith in Michigan in the East bracket.

Final standings

Big A HG's picks

Congratulations, thanks everyone for playing!